Turning Elite on second cruise B2B

ETski

Does anyone know or had experience turning to Elite after the first cruise of a B2B.We will be doing the repo on the Summit in Oct 2015 then staying on for the next cruise. Will turn Elite after the first cruise. Do we need to see the Captain's Club hostess at the beginning of the second cruise?

We did a back to back in Oct 2014 and became elite after the first cruise. We went to see the Captain's club hostess during the first cruise, as suggested above. She checked our points to verify that we were correct and told us to come back to see her at the beginning of the second cruise to get the coupons and elite stickers for our cards. She cautioned us that that our points wouldn't be updated by the second cruise so she would have to do it manually for us.

When we returned to our cabin late on embarkation day, our coupons were already there. We did go get her to put elite sticker on our cards since they said select. When I had to have my sea pass replaced a few days into the cruise, it printed out with elite on it.

The only thing we had trouble with was free internet minutes so I had to go to the iLounge. You now can set up your onboard Internet account from your own device anywhere on the ship (at least on the Solstice). The system knows who you are and applies the Captain's Club discount to your pricing automatically when you set up your account. It still thought we were select. I went ahead and bought a package and went to the iLounge a few days later and they credited our on board account.

We did a back to back in Oct 2014 and became elite after the first cruise. We went to see the Captain's club hostess during the first cruise, as suggested above. She checked our points to verify that we were correct and told us to come back to see her at the beginning of the second cruise to get the coupons and elite stickers for our cards. She cautioned us that that our points wouldn't be updated by the second cruise so she would have to do it manually for us.

When we returned to our cabin late on embarkation day, our coupons were already there. We did go get her to put elite sticker on our cards since they said select. When I had to have my sea pass replaced a few days into the cruise, it printed out with elite on it.

The only thing we had trouble with was free internet minutes so I had to go to the iLounge. You now can set up your onboard Internet account from your own device anywhere on the ship (at least on the Solstice). The system knows who you are and applies the Captain's Club discount to your pricing automatically when you set up your account. It still thought we were select. I went ahead and bought a package and went to the iLounge a few days later and they credited our on board account.

I have not done that before (set up my own internet account). We have first cruise as Elite this December on the EQ. If I follow what you are saying, you don't have to go to the ILounge to set up your internet account?

I have not done that before (set up my own internet account). We have first cruise as Elite this December on the EQ. If I follow what you are saying, you don't have to go to the ILounge to set up your internet account?

No, you don't have to go to the iLounge to set up your account if you have your own device that can connect to wifi. Just turn on your device - IPad, laptop, tablet, whatever and connect to wifi. The Celebrity iCafe comes up along with a prompt to login or create and account. Once you create an account, the screen comes up with your choices on the number of minutes you want to buy. You do need your sea pass card because you have to input your folio number to set up the account.

No, you don't have to go to the iLounge to set up your account if you have your own device that can connect to wifi. Just turn on your device - IPad, laptop, tablet, whatever and connect to wifi. The Celebrity iCafe comes up along with a prompt to login or create and account. Once you create an account, the screen comes up with your choices on the number of minutes you want to buy. You do need your sea pass card because you have to input your folio number to set up the account.

I can confirm that this was the same system on our 10/5/14 Summit sailing.

When I connected to Celebrity wifi and signed in, I was prompted to chose my Elite free 90 min package.

I'm not certain whether all the ships' systems have been updated this way yet.

Jane

PS I found this to be a HUGE improvement over the old way of needing to line up with your coupon in the iLounge!

Edited by JaneStarr

Does anyone know or had experience turning to Elite after the first cruise of a B2B.We will be doing the repo on the Summit in Oct 2015 then staying on for the next cruise. Will turn Elite after the first cruise. Do we need to see the Captain's Club hostess at the beginning of the second cruise?
It would be better to let the hostess know about it sometime during your first cruise so she has sufficient time to get everything set up for you.

That was the way we also turned Elite, and found out that passengers moving up a level between B2B cruises is apparently a pretty routine occurrence for them.

We only mentioned it to the CC hostess once and she took care of everything.

We were issued elite seapass cards for the second cruise, and when we returned to our cabin on the turnaround day, the welcome letter with the schedule of elite events and the elite coupons were already in our cabin waiting for us.