Is Cats REALLY 2 1/2 hours long ???

Shippy

And I wasn't aware that people could not post their thoughts without snarky comments like your being made.

I wasn't being snarky. The bottom line is clearly people have asked for Broadway shows - not just "Broadway-style" shows on board, and clearly Royal has given the people what they want. They have, as I understand it, made them optional. I was just stating that fact.

I wasn't being snarky. The bottom line is clearly people have asked for Broadway shows - not just "Broadway-style" shows on board, and clearly Royal has given the people what they want. They have, as I understand it, made them optional. I was just stating that fact.

And the snarkiness continues.:rolleyes:

I may have said this before but Cats is certainly not for everyone and while I enjoyed it at the theatre, I seriously doubt I would sit for 2.5 hours to see it while on a cruise and I KNOW that Frank would HATE every minute of it. He is NOT a fan of musicals and his ADHD brain cannot let him sit still that long :D Heck, he can't even sit through an episode of Glee at home. I think it's the singing that annoys him :p

Edited by Charger2008
Spell check

I may have said this before but Cats is certainly not for everyone and while I enjoyed it at the theatre, I seriously doubt I would sit for 2.5 hours to see it while on a cruise and I KNOW that Frank would HATE every minute of it. He is NOT a fan of musicals and his ADHD brain cannot let him sit still that long :D Heck, he can't even sit through an episode of Glee at home. I think it's the singing that annoys him :p

See, I knew that I'd like cruising with you. Your husband and I can hang at the flow rider and we will meet you in the diamond lounge when you get out of the show... of course we will all be wearing board shorts.;):D

See, I knew that I'd like cruising with you. Your husband and I can hang at the flow rider and we will meet you in the diamond lounge when you get out of the show... of course we will all be wearing board shorts.;):D

But of course, what else would we be wearing? Just be sure to save me a spot in the Diamond Lounge :D and have a drink ready :p

Good show or not my hyperactivity will never get through 2.5 hours of sitting in one place. Besides that I am not really sure I want to devote that much time to sitting in a theater while on a ship with so much more to do and such limited time to do it all.

Typical Rhode Islander. Anything lasting over 45 minutes is like a day trip. :D

People want legit Broadway shows. Shows on Broadway generally run AT LEAST 90 minutes with most musicals clocking in at over 2 hours.

I wasn't aware you are required to purchase tickets and attend...

You do not have to purchase tickets. It is free. But you have to reserve online ALL shows for the Oasis. The reservation is loaded to your Set Sail Pass, so they scan it upon entering any show. If no reservation, you have to wait until just before the start of show, and then they will let people in to fill the seats. Also, I understand that most Broadway shows are nearly 2 hours, but I do not think that is what the majority of people want on a cruise ship. Or they can make abbreviated versions of some shows, but not all shows are appropriate for a cruise. CATS is one of them. I am not alone in feeling this way. People all around us were complaining about the show, and two men sitting in front of me, fell asleep! When more than half an audience leaves at intermission and never returns, that should tell the cruise line something. The majority of cruisers do not want a 2 1/2 hour Broadway show! Royal needs to start listening to the majority. I personally do not know what they were thinking when they scheduled CATS.

Edited by grandmarnnurse