Zenith

SSFrance69

The zenith (typically pronounced ZEE-nith in the United States) is an imaginary point directly "above" a particular location, on the imaginary celestial sphere.

LOL. Because in reality, I will reach Zenith, on the imaginary celestial sphere.

Edited by SSFrance69

I am curious to know how many lucky X cruisers are actually Zenith. Does anyone have any idea? Is it over 1000 people? 500? 50?

We cruise regularly in suites (thus we accrue a good amount of points each sailing), and it still seems like a distant dream!

Shawn

Edited by KW Cruisers

I am curious to know how many lucky X cruisers are actually Zenith. Does anyone have any idea? Is it over 1000 people? 500? 50?

We cruise regularly in suites (thus we accrue a good amount of points each sailing), and it still seems like a distant dream!

Shawn

About 60

About 60

When this Title started there was about 40 I read. .i think depending on the class of cabin not that hard to reach if you cruises several times a year.. I will be there in 2015... The question is does it really matter beyond more laundry and slow internet.

When this Title started there was about 40 I read. .i think depending on the class of cabin not that hard to reach if you cruises several times a year.. I will be there in 2015... The question is does it really matter beyond more laundry and slow internet.

Free cruise....

And here I thought the thread was going to be about my favorite little ship.:)

th?&id=HN.607987831238100425&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Awww. Sorry to disappoint. :)

I never had the pleasure of sailing on her. I did get to sail on Mercury though. I loved that little ship.

Started the thread for giggles. I laughed when I looked up the definition of Zenith and thought, how appropriate, because so many of us will only experience it on the imaginary plane. Who knows though. Maybe someday...I'm in my 40s now. Maybe I'll get there when I'm in my 90s and hopefully by then, they'll have added free diaper changes to the perks. ;)

Awww. Sorry to disappoint. :)

I never had the pleasure of sailing on her. I did get to sail on Mercury though. I loved that little ship.

She was our very first cruise, we sailed her 5 times and we were on her very last trip to Bermuda.:( I have my coffee everyday in a Zenith mug.:) One CD pronounced it Zen-ith.

Free cruise....

As stated on the X site "in an Aqua class cabin". That's wonderful, and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (however I guess technically it's a "perk" and not a "gift" as someone who reaches Zenith has given X a lot of money...), but I was wondering if you can apply the amount of an A1 stateroom for credit towards a suite??

Just thinking aloud...

Shawn

As stated on the X site "in an Aqua class cabin". That's wonderful, and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (however I guess technically it's a "perk" and not a "gift" as someone who reaches Zenith has given X a lot of money...), but I was wondering if you can apply the amount of an A1 stateroom for credit towards a suite??

Just thinking aloud...

Shawn

I highly doubt they let that happen.

Remember too, that most Zeniths at this time, earned it under the old program, before different cabin categories gave higher point valuations, so we can't assume most sail exclusively in suites to get there. Many got there just as easily in insides as those that sailed in Aqua, though back then you did get an extra point in a suite, and any cabin got an extra point for longer sailings (forget the number if days).

I redid my travel history from just the last 2 years, and if points accrued per the new system, including double points for solo's, I'd be at 1700 points, (though I have sailed mostly in suites), but as most came from the older points system, in reality, I'm only at 720 points currently.

I highly doubt they let that happen.

Remember too, that most Zeniths at this time, earned it under the old program, before different cabin categories gave higher point valuations, so we can't assume most sail exclusively in suites to get there. Many got there just as easily in insides as those that sailed in Aqua, though back then you did get an extra point in a suite, and any cabin got an extra point for longer sailings (forget the number if days).

I redid my travel history from just the last 2 years, and if points accrued per the new system, including double points for solo's, I'd be at 1700 points, (though I have sailed mostly in suites), but as most came from the older points system, in reality, I'm only at 720 points currently.

That's too bad. I'm a long way from Zenith anyway...even though we do travel in suites. I can't imagine how someone under the new system travelling in an interior or ocean view (or even regular veranda) will make Zenith. It's tough enough when we're getting 12 points per night!

Maybe one day for us...(big MAYBE)

Shawn

The Zenith was my very first cruise. We knew absolutely nothing about cruising - booked an oceanview at the front of the ship and (a) discovered our window was a porthole, (b) listened to the waves slap loudly against the ship when underway and © got woken up regularly by the dropping and weighing of the anchor.

Still, loved every minute of it!

The question is does it really matter beyond more laundry and slow internet.

The main difference for me is the free premium alcoholic beverage package - even if staying in an inside cabin:)

The internet may be slow but when they give you almost 1700 minutes free it goes a long way. Just off the Reflection after a week, used the internet ALL THE TIME and still had 1300 minutes left:)

We also get the Bulgari bath products no matter the cabin category:)