Killing time befor MIA

ilovetotravel1977

Delay the disembarkation, and head to the airport.

Remember there is a queue for taxis, and then there is a TSA queue.

MIA has lots of shops and eateries after the TSA.

Our flight home from MIA is usually at between 4 and 6 pm.

Twice we went up to the top of MIA airport hotel to the restaurant for lunch after checking in (but before the TSA).

If you want to tone up your cruise tan, the Miami Airport has a roof top pool with bar and cafe: Miami International Airport Hotel located inside the airport terminal at Concourse E...it was a nominal charge for access to the changing rooms and shower to use the pool. Checked our luggage in and spent the wait time lounging on the pool deck, in the pool and hot tub, enjoying some cold beers and pub grub before our flight left.

Edited by MACE

You might consider doing this tour and having them pick you up at the ship and then take you to the airport:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Miami/Miami-Combo-Tour-City-Sightseeing-Biscayne-Bay-Cruise-and-Everglades-Airboat-Ride/d662-5408COMBO

You could also rent a car or even a boat for the day and get picked up at the Port then drop the car off at the airport:

http://www.miamiautorental.com

Another option would be the Miami Children's museum which is 3 minutes away via the Port of Miami tunnel. Then after that go to the airport. 17 minutes without traffic.

Even if you're last off the ship, you'll most likely be off and at the airport before 11am....that's a long time to wait! Any chance of getting an earlier flight? If not, there are ship's excursions that take you AND your luggage somewhere, and then to the airport around 1-2pm.

Edited by cb at sea

Sign up on board for the Post Cruise Excursion to the Everglades!! You will do an airboat ride, look for alligators, see a gator show, get to hold a baby gator (for a small fee) AND have transportation from the port to the airport.

The company that NCL uses has great tour guides on their busses. In March I did this tour on my CCL trip and their docent wasn't as good as the guy we had on my NCL tour.

LOVED IT!!

P1130449.jpg

P1130437.jpg

P1130424.jpg

We have done the hop on off bus tour.

We enjoyed the introduction to much of the Miami area...a great tour.

The duck tour was very informative and fun also when we did that last year.

A road tour and boat tour all in one.

The island Queen boat tour out of bayside was nice enough also.

Their is a Thriller boat tour from Bayside also, if that's your thing.

We did the Big Bus Tour in Miami in October and it was great! We did it before our cruise but as we were pulling into Bayside Marketplace they were announcing "next airport shuttle leaving at ..." and it sounded like they stored your luggage for you.

You might want to consider booking a Day Use Room at a hotel. I am doing this once I disembark the ship after my cruise next March at a hotel very near the airport. The cost is $90.00 for the use of the room, pool facilities etc. The hotel also organises free shuttles to the airport.