Concierge Class Perks

curtdesilets

So is the personalized stationary gone?

Gone. I think it left last fall.

I don't even think there are notepads or pens in cabins lower than suites. There was not on either of my Summit sailings this summer - one in Aqua, one in an inside cabin.

I don't even think there are notepads or pens in cabins lower than suites. There was not on either of my Summit sailings this summer - one in Aqua, one in an inside cabin.

We did get a couple of postcards and a rather nice pen but unfortunately it did not work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't think we had a pen on Summit this fall as it had always been out on the desk. About 3/4 through a 14 day cruise I found it in the notebook on the desk. Since I have no use for the notebook I usually never open it. This was in an Oceanview.

• 2 weeks later...

From this thread, it seems that flowers, soaps, chocolates, foot stools, pens, notepads and other things are not provided as they were in the past.

Is there anything new that they have included instead?

Seems that the RCI bean counters are trying everything they can to trim costs.

But it also seems from this thread, that it is pissing off passengers more than anything else, just to save what, about 1% of their operating costs?

The biggest cost by far to cruise operations is fuel. Fuel prices now are at historic lows. Maybe they can pass the savings on to us long term Celebrity cruise passengers!!

In the meantime, I will pack a notebook and pen. Maybe one that has another cruise line's logo on them !! :mad:

Edited by curtdesilets
clarification

We have our first concierge cabin booked on Reflection and were wondering what the "Personalized Concierge service" entailed?

Just marketing blubber. You will probably get a business card or invitation type card delivered to your cabin with the concierge name and number. they may call and leave a voicemail introducing themselves, and offer to book your shore excursions and such for you. This is what the concierge did for me in a suite anyway.

Nothing at all magical.

Never really understood the need for a "concierge" on a ship. To my mind they are useful for finding good restaurants or things to do outside of a hotel, but on a ship, not really too much to be done about that...

There's a Suite concierge, a concierge and a destination concierge on ships these days. Possible the standard concierge is the same as destination concierge. ANYONE can use this concierge, regardless of cabin type, I think the Concierge cabins just get the formal introductions is all. On Summit the concierge had a desk in the Library, on Eclipse they were up by the Save the Earth area in the elevator areas midship.

Just marketing blubber. You will probably get a business card or invitation type card delivered to your cabin with the concierge name and number. they may call and leave a voicemail introducing themselves, and offer to book your shore excursions and such for you. This is what the concierge did for me in a suite anyway.

Nothing at all magical.

Never really understood the need for a "concierge" on a ship. To my mind they are useful for finding good restaurants or things to do outside of a hotel, but on a ship, not really too much to be done about that...

There's a Suite concierge, a concierge and a destination concierge on ships these days. Possible the standard concierge is the same as destination concierge. ANYONE can use this concierge, regardless of cabin type, I think the Concierge cabins just get the formal introductions is all. On Summit the concierge had a desk in the Library, on Eclipse they were up by the Save the Earth area in the elevator areas midship.

There is a concierge and it is personalized, just look on the ship deck plan when you get on board. The hours will also be printed in your dailies. What makes this really a joke as a perk is they make it sound like it is exclusive however the concierge is available to anyone on the ship, no matter the cabin category.

Has the shower gel been phased out as well? or is it still included in Concierge rooms? Thanks.

Shower gel has been phased out along with the pillow menu and extra hair dryer.

It's getting to the point that concierge class is not worth very much anymore.

We did not get express luggage delivery, ours was very late.

We like the foot stool but how much is that worth???

We're just back from sailing in a C2 on the Silhouette TA. One thing no one has mentioned in the comments above is the perk called "express luggage delivery." I don't know whether we were just lucky or there really is such a perk, but our suitcases turned up at our cabin in the early afternoon very shortly after the staterooms were ready. (Some folks told me theirs did not arrive till 7pm....)

We also had:

footstools

the free bottle of sparkling wine

heavy bathrobes (but not the very heavy towels, this did not matter to us)

fruit (which mostly we never ate)

shower gel

afternoon cheese and crackers (we'd told our cabin stewards we preferred that to the canapes). Each day an order sheet was left in our cabin saying canapes would not be delivered unless we specified a time AND were there in person; we never filled this out and our stewards delivered the cheese and crackers pretty much daily, whether or not we were in the cabin.

The "special" tote bag was not in our cabin when we embarked and was not delivered until the first formal night. I don't recall any flowers in the cabin. There was a pen and a little pad.

As others have noted, the turn down chocolates have been discontinued. We did get two (delicious) chocolate covered Oreos on the first formal night (and some towel animals :) ), but that was it.

I'm not sure why the list of perks includes "extra handheld hair dryer," as there's only one outlet for the dryer. At any rate, we only had one dryer and we didn't need a second (nor could we have plugged it in).

There were a couple of umbrellas in the cabin and a crappy pair of binoculars (bring your own if you really care about having a set).

Most of these things don't matter that much to us (the footstools do), but I've noted them because others have asked.

Shower gel has been phased out along with the pillow menu and extra hair dryer.

It's getting to the point that concierge class is not worth very much anymore.

We did not get express luggage delivery, ours was very late.

We like the foot stool but how much is that worth???

Pillow menu still exists, it's in the binder in a booklet with other things such as ordering special event decorations etc. Also, anyone can ask the steward for varied pillows. There are generally 4 choices. As to "extra hair dryer" - How many hairdryers can a lady use at one time?!?

I've never really seen anyone sort luggage be that for suites or concierge or captains cub for faster delivery. Some ports (I think San Juan?) they do, but in MIA and FLL I didn't notice it at all, Seemed 1st come 1st served to me. Some say the priority luggage is sorted AFTER screening inside the terminals, I have no idea if it's the case or not.

As to priority luggage, think how many are getting the "service". On Eclispe for example:

22 Suites

55 Sky Suites

130 Aqua

275 Concierge

----

482 cabins of 1425 total, or 33% - 1/3 of all cabins get the service.

Add into that the Elites and above in lesser cabins, truthfully half or better of the ship gets "priority luggage"!

Foot stools have never to my knowledge been an advertised perk of Concierge, seems that most Concierge cabins do have them, and stewards rotate them around on request. Not even all SkySuites have them.

Not sure of Shower gel, I know it's in Aqua and better cabins (as of my end of August sailing), and again, can be requested in lesser cabins.

I've always held Concierge is nothing but a bunch of marketing hype. Save the money and do a normal veranda or spend a little more for Aqua, unless cabin location is important to you, then Concierge is valuable due to location in many instances to lots of people. But the benefits themselves, not really a whole lot to talk about.

Of course the new all inclusive 123 starting at Concierge and above cabins, does make them valuable to many now versus a standard veranda.

Edited by cle-guy

Leaving on the Connie Monday in a Concierge cabin. Received a e-mail & voice mail that they will start boarding at noon with suites, zenith and the two upper decks first. This takes away the perk of priority embarkation also. This was one of the few remaining perks left.

Concierge always boarded after suites and Aqua Class. The other perks are still there.

Edited by Christine Frances

Leaving on the Connie Monday in a Concierge cabin. Received a e-mail & voice mail that they will start boarding at noon with suites, zenith and the two upper decks first. This takes away the perk of priority embarkation also. This was one of the few remaining perks left.

oops duplicate post

Edited by Christine Frances

Concierge always boarded after suites and Aqua Class. The other perks are still there.

Concierge class is located on decks 9.8.7 & 6 and they are boarding the ship by upper decks first. There is no longer any priority embarkation over the non concierge cabins on the lower decks. I called Celebrity and Concierge class will not have this kind of priority on this sailing. I have seen another thread on another ship having the same kind of new boarding procedures.

We booked concierge because with the 123 Promo (300 OBC, Classic Drink Package, and Gratuities) it was cheaper in the end than booking the lowest veranda cabin. We were able to get the complimentary one cabin upgrade and were able to get a C2 cabin.

I don't think I would ever book concierge if the OBC was not included. We will enjoy the larger balcony and being on deck 10 (Cabin 1132) as opposed to our last cruise which was a guaranteed balcony on deck 6 (6103).

I wish it was sooner :)

When first announced, concierge class and the perks were more than just a "better location". Over time, the perks have been reduced and with the s-class most all verandah cabins are the same size....the difference between concierge and a regular verandah has been shrinking. I think the price differential has also been shrinking. With the removal of a few more amenities, c2 and C3 will just be "better location" balcony cabins.