Quantum 1st December, need advice.

Jameslauren

Hi all,

My girlfriend And I are flying from Dublin to jfk and we arrive on 30th of November, we are sailing on quantum the 1st of November.

1. Can anyone recommend a hotel that's close to the cruise terminal.

2. Best way to get to the cruise terminal from a hotel as someone told us that New York cabs don't travel to the cruise terminal (correct us if wrong) or what location be best to stay.

3.Do rcl run shuttles to Manhattan after the cruise as we be in nyc for 4 days after the cruise?

4.if we were to stay in a hotel close to Cape Liberty, what's the best way to get to Bayonne from jfk airport as again the taxi problem comes into it.

If anyone has any information that could help is we would be so grateful and thanks you in advance.

James and lauren

Hi all,

My girlfriend And I are flying from Dublin to jfk and we arrive on 30th of November, we are sailing on quantum the 1st of November.

There are a few dozen threads here with that info, but truly to help you, we need to know your needs: Price, location, etc.

2. Best way to get to the cruise terminal from a hotel as someone told us that New York cabs don't travel to the cruise terminal (correct us if wrong) or what location be best to stay.

Cabs do go there. But if you're staying close enough, it's an easy walk

3.Do rcl run shuttles to Manhattan after the cruise as we be in nyc for 4 days after the cruise?

Might want to ask on the RCL board here, but cabs, car services, and walking are easy ways to get around

4.if we were to stay in a hotel close to Cape Liberty, what's the best way to get to Bayonne from jfk airport as again the taxi problem comes into it.

Again, check the existing threads as this is a recurring inquiry

If anyone has any information that could help is we would be so grateful and thanks you in advance.

James and lauren

Enjoy your trip!

Hi all,

James and lauren

I assume you meant to say you were sailing on December 1. We generally don't recommend staying near JFK airport. It's better to stay near Cape Liberty in the Newark Airport area. To make hotel recommendations, it would be helpful to know your budget. I did a quick check of a hotel popular with cruisers, Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, and it looks as if you can book a room for the night of November 30 for $139 (or $118 if prepaid), which is probably as inexpensive a rate as you're going to find for a decent hotel in that area.

To travel from JFK to a hotel in the Cape Liberty/ Newark area you should book a car service. NY City taxis are not required to take you there, and even if they were to agree to do so you run the risk of being overcharged. We normally recommend reserving with one of the following car services:

Carmel: http://www.carmellimo.com

Dial 7: http://www.dial7.com

A local NJ based taxi or car service can take you from your Cape Liberty/Newark airport area hotel to Cape Liberty. Many people have been happy with a no-frills service called Independent Driver: 888-816-0973 Ext. 0 .

To get into Manhattan for your post cruise stay, book a car service such as Carmel or Dial 7, as listed above.

Edited by njhorseman

I assume you meant to say you were sailing on December 1. We generally don't recommend staying near JFK airport. It's better to stay near Cape Liberty in the Newark Airport area. To make hotel recommendations, it would be helpful to know your budget. I did a quick check of a hotel popular with cruisers, Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth, and it looks as if you can book a room for the night of November 30 for $139 (or $118 if prepaid), which is probably as inexpensive a rate as you're going to find for a decent hotel in that area.

To travel from JFK to a hotel in the Cape Liberty/ Newark area you should book a car service. NY City taxis are not required to take you there, and even if they were to agree to do so you run the risk of being overcharged. We normally recommend reserving with one of the following car services:

Carmel: http://www.carmellimo.com

Dial 7: http://www.dial7.com

A local NJ based taxi or car service can take you from your Cape Liberty/Newark airport area hotel to Cape Liberty. Many people have been happy with a no-frills service called Independent Driver: 888-816-0973 Ext. 0 .

To get into Manhattan for your post cruise stay, book a car service such as Carmel or Dial 7, as listed above.

Thank you so much for all the advice and help, yes I meant the 1st of December,

We have taken your advice and booked a hotel close to the port so we booked Best Western Plus Newark Airport West as they do a shuttle bus to the cruise port on the morning of the cruise., so all we need to book is the private car transfers from jfk to the hotel "best western plus", we really appreciate all the advice and the input from yourself so thanks so much,,

Thank you so much for all the advice and help, yes I meant the 1st of December,

We have taken your advice and booked a hotel close to the port so we booked Best Western Plus Newark Airport West as they do a shuttle bus to the cruise port on the morning of the cruise., so all we need to book is the private car transfers from jfk to the hotel "best western plus", we really appreciate all the advice and the input from yourself so thanks so much,,

This is isn't a hotel we normally recommend (hint...there's a reason they offer a shuttle to the port when other hotels don't). It isn't in the greatest area...but since you're not leaving a car parked there, you'll probably be OK.

This is isn't a hotel we normally recommend (hint...there's a reason they offer a shuttle to the port when other hotels don't). It isn't in the greatest area...but since you're not leaving a car parked there, you'll probably be OK.

Oh ok! Do you think I should cancel my booking ?? Thanks

Oh ok! Do you think I should cancel my booking ?? Thanks

If it's that much cheaper than other options I suppose I would keep the reservation. I just didn't want you to be shocked by its location when you finally get there. The hotel itself was renovated not long ago and is likely OK, it's just you're going to be stuck there as there's nothing in the immediate area. I would have definitely recommended cancelling if you were planning to park a car there for the duration of your cruise as the area is a bit sketchy.

One of the reasons I mentioned the Country Inn and Suites is that there are a couple of chain restaurants within walking distance as well as an outlet mall. There are a couple of other hotels in that complex as well.

If it's that much cheaper than other options I suppose I would keep the reservation. I just didn't want you to be shocked by its location when you finally get there. The hotel itself was renovated not long ago and is likely OK, it's just you're going to be stuck there as there's nothing in the immediate area. I would have definitely recommended cancelling if you were planning to park a car there for the duration of your cruise as the area is a bit sketchy.

One of the reasons I mentioned the Country Inn and Suites is that there are a couple of chain restaurants within walking distance as well as an outlet mall. There are a couple of other hotels in that complex as well.[/

we are going to cancel our booking and go with you,that's why this site is so useful with people like you giving good advice many thanks we are grateful

JamesLauren,

We are also on the Dec 1st sailing and we are also staying at the Country Inn & Suites the night before. We took their Sleep & Cruise package that includes the transfers to the port.

The reviews are good and it will give us the chance to do a little outlet shopping before the cruise.

Cheers :)

Ann