Prices rising next year

CarnieAddict

Very rarely do prices not rise every year, as always they will fluctuate as the need to sell cabins and as sales pop up. Probably a baseline rise in prices. Carnivals costs go up to every year as well.

Prices rise every year, my income does not seem to rise as much every year. and sometimes not at all.

The CEO of Carnival has just announced prices will be rising next year. I wonder how much.

The CEO of Carnival Corp said this last year, and they dropped worse than they had previously. It was the year of $30 a day, and even better, free cruises.

Any lower, CCL will be paying us to cruise.

Carnival CEO wants you to book now and lock in the price so he can hit his 2014 year end bonus. That's all.

Last year, they ran the scam off offering platinum grandfathering of the loyalty program, with the switch to days from cruises taken just to get everyone to book.

May not get that yacht this year after all.

The market will decide where cruise pricing will go. Strong demand will equal higher prices, weak demand lower prices. My March 2015 cruise has gone down by almost $500 in price since I booked in September.:D

And our FEB cruise has gone UP $215 per person since we booked in January. That's comparing what we paid to same cabin today. Can't see it coming down to below what we paid but we were happy with the price then so no complaints.

I am interested to know how you are privy to this unsubstantiated statement of Carnival CEO's compensation package.

Well my mother has run a travel agency for the last 35 years and over that time she has made some pretty good contacts. And everything mom has told me has happened so I am not going to start doubting her now.

And I am not complaining. I know costs go up every year. Was just curious if anyone knew on how much of an increase it will be.

How would anyone here know this? As someone said above, that may be some base pricing--but no two people ever pay the same amount for any cruise. THe market will decide the pricing.

Since he last spoke of less sale prices, I have received 3 different free cruise offers.--Taking the Breeze March 28 for 8 days on my lastest free offfer

How would anyone here know this? As someone said above, that may be some base pricing--but no two people ever pay the same amount for any cruise. THe market will decide the pricing.

Since he last spoke of less sale prices, I have received 3 different free cruise offers.--Taking the Breeze March 28 for 8 days on my lastest free offfer

What 8 day are you doing on the Breeze?

The CEO of Carnival Corp said this last year, and they dropped worse than they had previously. It was the year of $30 a day, and even better, free cruises.

Any lower, CCL will be paying us to cruise.

In some cases, they already are. With the various ways to add onboard credit to your booking, it shouldn't be too hard.

On Princess, between promotional onboard credit, shareholder, military, future cruise certificate, loyalty onboard credit for 21/31/41/51, travel agent onboard credit, discounted TA cruise fares and others, some already are.

Edited by Disconnections

What 8 day are you doing on the Breeze?

Doing the March 28--funny thing is, when I booked this a few weeks ago, I had to book my mom in my room as she did not receive her own offer (and she usually does).

I checked again this weekend and the offer was now available to her too. So I changed her to her own room and got 2 more people to come with us. 3 in a balony room on Lido and 2 in an inside on deck 8 for almost nothing and at total of $200 in OBC (100 per room).

The market will decide where cruise pricing will go. Strong demand will equal higher prices, weak demand lower prices. My March 2015 cruise has gone down by almost $500 in price since I booked in September.:D

My March cruise has gone up by as much as 700$ per person since we booked in January (this is for an inside) it has come down recently. It is only about 500$ more per person now. Not expecting to see any OBC for this sailing. :( But I know we got a great price so that is OK!!

Edited by vlynn
addition

Doing the March 28--funny thing is, when I booked this a few weeks ago, Ibook my mom in my room as she did not receiv the her own offer (and she usually does).

I checked again this weekend and the offer was now available to her too. So I changed her to her own room and got 2 more people to come with us. 3 in a balony room on Lido and 2 in an inside on deck 8 for almost nothing and at total of $200 in OBC (100 per room).

That is the same itinerary my wife and I did this year. Absolutely loved it. If I could change 1 thing I would shorten the stay in DR and extend the stay in Curacao.

There's a similar thread running on the Royal boards. While I haven't read it, usually these statements come from third quarter company calls. In Royals case, they're saying bookings are high enough that they're under no pressure to give last minute deals. I'm not sure what's pressuring Carnival to announce prices increases but as others have said, the market will determine price.

We pretty much have committed to booking last minute from now on. So will still pay below regular price. Used to do early saver but do to too many "special" catagories created to screw you out of price drops we quit early saver.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Just booked the brand new Regal Princess yesterday for $386 with all taxes and port charges included! will book either the Divina or Eurodam this week for almost the same price. So, basically I'm getting 2 1 week cruises for the price of 1

Edited by Topo Gigio

You do realize that this statement was made by the Carnival Corporation President and CEO Arnold Donald, and was not specific to CCL alone.

His statement was made to travel agents, and was to tell them he felt their commissions would increase. He said it is a goal to increase fares. He said in part that there was a "dramatic increase in capacity" in the Caribbean and that dampened fares. He says there will be a near double digit reduction in capacity next year.

The part I thought was funnier was his comment about not chasing down passengers to book direct with Carnival, and the company is not in competition with Travel Agents.

Again, temper all this with he was speaking to 900 travel agents at the time.

Here is the article.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/carnival-ceo-donald-cruise-fares-could-be-headed-up-next-year.html