To enhance your check-in and boarding experience......

yankee 7

This is a relatively new policy which I was not informed of when I purchased my steerage cabin. As we are traveling to Miami in the wheel well of the jet, we will be a might bit chilled. And we heard it is quite a walk from the airport to the port as we have been informed that since we did not fly first class we must travel in the trunk of the Taxi. This is not an option as we are both claustrophobic and we will not fit in the trunk because of our luggage. I figured if we both walk at a brisk pace (and we don't become road kill) we have a fifty fifty chance of getting on the ship before it leaves port. Wish us luck! Happy sailing.

👍 Brilliant response to a crass comment 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To anyone's knowledge, is this being enforced? I am not happy about this and I have never not been happy about anything do with my Celebrity cruising experience. Within a span of 2-3 minutes, I received an automated phone call, a text message, and an email.

Thanks, Steve

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on November 15, 2014, onboard Celebrity Reflection. We invite our Suites, Zenith, Aqua, and Elite Plus guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Reflection.

Have I missed something here as according to X's website of perks for CC members (see below for details from their website), those Select and above are entitled to priority boarding. Has this now changed to Elite Plus and above? Or does priority boarding mean something quite different?

Select Member Benefits*

(150-299 earned Club Points**)

Many of The Benefits Of Classic Membership Plus:

• 25% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)

• 15% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items

• One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price on all Celebrity Cruises of 12+ nights

• Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available)

• Complimentary wine seminar event

• Priority status for shore excursion waitlist

• Exclusive Senior Officers' Cocktail Party***

• Platinum Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

• Receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership (earn free rentals) with weekly rental discounts, free upgrades, and other special offers. Learn more.

What about those of us arriving on a late morning flight the day of the cruise?

Or those arriving the day before sailing who have to check out of their hotel rooms ? Where is the no mans land to wait with luggage ?

Confused!

............. 12:00 to 12:30 PM = Deck 14, Deck 12, & Deck 11; 12:30 to 1:00 PM = Deck 10; 1:00 to 1:30 PM = Deck 9; 1:30 to 2:00 PM = Deck 8; 2:00 to 2:30 PM = Deck 7; 2:30 to 3:00 PM = Deck 6 & Deck 3. We invite our Suites, Zenith, Aqua, and Elite Plus guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Reflection.

Have they stopped priority boarding for Concierge ?

Has anyone boarding this fall reported back yet on whether this is actually being enforced? Until then, there is no need to panic --- I find it hard to believe that Celebrity will let unhappy passengers just sit in the terminal for hours, but maybe I'm wrong there.

Meanwhile, if posters would stop complaining about long lines at embarkation and the over crowded buffet, perhaps this will go away.

RCI sent out a similar email for the Oasis TA (for both boarding ports Rotterdam and Southampton). It was sent out only a couple of days prior to departure. In both ports the embarkation was... some called it "hell" :rolleyes:! Those who arrived early in Rotterdam were lucky and onboard within minutes. Those who arrived later had to wait up to 2 hours. In Southampton those who arrive late were the lucky ones with no waiting time. In that email I think Platinum and above were allowed to board at any time - hmm, with the highest load of C&A members (more than 3,400) and app. 2,000 Diamond and above this was more than 50% of all passengers.

steamboats

All cruise lines do this, and all cruise lines expect people to show up early.

It's not just Celebrity...

If even 20% of the "crowd" adheres to the request (notice, request) it reduces the lines to a more manageable size.

SO do what you want but do expect crowds early and easy breezy no problems late!

Thank You! This is basically what I said the other day. We have had staggered boarding for the first time on Celebrity last May and all was fine. Princess, Holland, and Royal have also done this on our previous trips. They realize not everyone will follow it....

Hi all, since this is my first cruise and is a total AI pkg (including chartered flight) offered to Canadians by Celebrity, our flight times and transfers are all made by Celebrity. I believe we will be arriving at the port by around noon. Any suggestions where we can sit and relax with a cocktail while we wait for our boarding time, which looks to be around 2:30? :confused:

Believe me....you won't need to find anywhere to hang out and wait. All of your arrangements have been handled by Celebrity....sit back and enjoy.

Hi all, since this is my first cruise and is a total AI pkg (including chartered flight) offered to Canadians by Celebrity, our flight times and transfers are all made by Celebrity. I believe we will be arriving at the port by around noon. Any suggestions where we can sit and relax with a cocktail while we wait for our boarding time, which looks to be around 2:30? :confused:

We did the same package out of Hamilton in April. And are doing another one in Feb. in April we did not arrive at the port until 1:00 by the time you clear customs and get your luggage and board the bus to the ship it will be close to 1:00. When we arrived at the ship we were on in just a matter of 15-20 min. Don't worry it will be fine. You are going to be more than pleased with the package that Celebrity offered. They have sold out all the cruises in Hamilton,London.Ottawa and Nova Scotia for Feb March and April. They must be doing something right. Have a fantastic cruise you are going to love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about those with airport transfers booked with Celebrity? Families with one cabin on deck 10 and one on deck 6?

Some people seem to think, and I'm not saying you're wrong, that it's not okay to arrive too early. But how about those who are late for their deck?

Some people will be early, some late. At the end of the day I don't think they should change too much about this.

Btw, I'm going on a b2b, first Eclipse followed by NCL EPIC. EPIC holds a lot more passengers than Eclipse. Also leaves from Miami. Weird they can handle the boarding...

Not entirely true about epic, in February it took 3hrs to board at our assigned time because of boat inspection but no problems better safe then sorry. And for those people who dont want to board when told too ncl called us the day before we left on the breakaway last month and said we where leaving early (2 instead of 4) because of high tide in nyc people who arrive by plane or train at 1 would not make it to the ship in time and should make other arrangements to get to the port....imagine that conversation the day b4 your trip

We usually fly in the day before the cruise. Sleep in a bit (I usually wake up early I'm so excited), checkout of the hotel and leave our bags with the concierge, go have a leisurely breakfast at some little sidewalk café, stroll a bit, people watch, and then go and get a taxi and our bags and off to the terminal. We usually arrive around 12:30p and are on in 30 mins. We like to lunch at Bistro on 5 and wait for a while after they announce cabins are ready, avoids the elevator crush. Perhaps we'll stroll a little longer and enjoy that there is no snow on the ground and the sun is shining (hopefully) and I don't have to wear my ear muffs. That should put us closer to our appointed boarding time. Chill out, we're going on a cruise!!!:D

Edited by dblane

We prefer deck 6 and we like to arrive at 11:30 so that we can spend all day on vacation. It seems that something that we paid for is being taken away when we are told to arrive later. Captain's Club Elite have always had priority boarding but no longer. We have patiently stood or sat on the concrete floors for 3 hrs to wait for boarding due to clearance after transatlantics and cleanings after noro outbreaks. Now this? You are micromanaging your passengers. Thumbs down.

We are also on Deck 6 in December and we like to get on around noon to have lunch and tour the ship before the muster drill. I don't like that just because we are on a lower deck we have to wait to board until 3. Why not board from the bottom up if they want to stagger?

So, when everyone arrives 'early', like 1130, there are complaints about how long the boarding process takes. We board late. It's nice to be able to dump our carryon in our cabin and then get around the ship...the buffet will still be open.

It's vacation. Chill!

Oh boy do I agree with you....we never arrive before 1PM, hate dragging luggage around the ship waiting for cabins to open....we don't have lines, we don't have waits.....food is still there(it's a CRUISE for heaven's sake!) and we have a leisurely non stressful check in.....

The one time we didn't follow this rule when boarding with relatives we arrived at 11:45 and it was a nightmare.....one of our party nearly passed out because he is diabetic and started crashing during the wait...

Nope I'll wait till 1 or 2, and "lose" a whole hour or two of my vacation....

Oh boy do I agree with you....we never arrive before 1PM, hate dragging luggage around the ship waiting for cabins to open....we don't have lines, we don't have waits.....food is still there(it's a CRUISE for heaven's sake!) and we have a leisurely non stressful check in.....

The one time we didn't follow this rule when boarding with relatives we arrived at 11:45 and it was a nightmare.....one of our party nearly passed out because he is diabetic and started crashing during the wait...

Nope I'll wait till 1 or 2, and "lose" a whole hour or two of my vacation....

I must have been extremely lucky on all my cruises but one. I always arrive before noon and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get to the check-in desk, and was on board in less than 30 minutes - curb to upper deck. I don't "drag luggage around the ship". The porters do that for me. And, it is nice to be on the ship when it is nearly deserted before everyone else boards.

The only cruise we ever had to wait more than an hour was on Disney. And they had the staggered boarding with long lines that took forever. We had arrived via Disney shuttle bus from the hotel they booked for us pre-cruise. However, this might have been due to the "We Welcome aboard the Smith family!" announcements that everyone received.

Not sure why waiting one hour to get in line is better than spending that same hour in line.

Same sort of arrangement in Sydney for the past couple of years.

Been working okay so far.

Yep, here is the link to the AU Celebrity Page which has a but more details about the exceptions, including Captains Club, Suite/Aqua Class/Concierge Class and for those arriving on a Celebrity Transfer. They can all board at any time.

http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/staggered_checkin_times.html

For those that wonder if you are in say AQUA Class, but are travelling with friends on Deck 3 - you can all turn up for either of the recommended times and they will accommodate you.

It is, as has been mentioned , a 'guide' in an attempt to avoid lenghty queues and processing times, but they do not carry a stopwatch and ban anyone from boarding 1 minute past their allocated time :D

Hi there! I think that as your flight connection has been arranged by Celebrity you will fit under the 'exception' to the guide and be allowed (encouraged) to check in as soon as you arrive. But I see someone has kindly given some tips where you can chill and get a drink to kill some time if you did (Unlikely!) need to wait.

Enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity - sure it won't be the last. I know we are hooked after our recent Hawaii to Sydney sailing :)

Edited by QE2_Fan

. I don't "drag luggage around the ship". The porters do that for me. .

Of course the porters take the bulk of our luggage too, but we don't hand our "carry on" stuff to anyone.....that we do indeed have to "drag" around the ship....there are always two bags that stay with us...

Happy for you that you've been lucky enough to get on board quickly...our one really bad experience was enough to dissuade us from arriving early ever again....

Hi there! I think that as your flight connection has been arranged by Celebrity you will fit under the 'exception' to the guide and be allowed (encouraged) to check in as soon as you arrive. But I see someone has kindly given some tips where you can chill and get a drink to kill some time if you did (Unlikely!) need to wait.

Enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity - sure it won't be the last. I know we are hooked after our recent Hawaii to Sydney sailing :)

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it won't be our last either. :)

I went right from the airport and walked right on, zero lines, at 11ish.

Talked to a bunch of people including a couple who showed up when the letter directed them to and they were denied boarding because it was within the hour for sail away. They had to catch the ship in Cozumel even though they had the letter in hand. What I heard was that Celebrity didn't send it out but that it was generated by the port officials. I don't know if I believe that part but anyway, I'd ignore it and go when the xpress pass says which is 1130-3.

Yep, here is the link to the AU Celebrity Page which has a but more details about the exceptions, including Captains Club, Suite/Aqua Class/Concierge Class and for those arriving on a Celebrity Transfer. They can all board at any time.

http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/staggered_checkin_times.html

Thank you for this link. As I am on deck 3 this gives me nearly an additional full day in Sydney - love it. I don´t have to rush to port and spend my precious time in lines. I just explore the city for some more hours then head back to my hotel to collect my luggage and will arrive in time for my 4 PM check in. As we have 5 sea days I don´t think I will miss any ship experience.

Thank you for this link. As I am on deck 3 this gives me nearly an additional full day in Sydney - love it. I don´t have to rush to port and spend my precious time in lines. I just explore the city for some more hours then head back to my hotel to collect my luggage and will arrive in time for my 4 PM check in. As we have 5 sea days I don´t think I will miss any ship experience.

It's a pleasure! Also if it's easier for you, you can drop your luggage off earlier and then go and explore Sydney...no need to check in just to do bag drop off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talked to a bunch of people including a couple who showed up when the letter directed them to and they were denied boarding because it was within the hour for sail away. They had to catch the ship in Cozumel even though they had the letter in hand. What I heard was that Celebrity didn't send it out but that it was generated by the port officials. I don't know if I believe that part but anyway, I'd ignore it and go when the xpress pass says which is 1130-3.

wow - that really throws a different perspective. especially since the less expensive cabins on lower decks are usually chosen by folks who may not be able to afford to buy last minute airfare to the next port.

i almost cant believe that they were there before the ship actually sailed, with a letter proving they were told specifically to be there at that time, and the ship wouldnt let them board

while i was leaning towards arriving at the assigned time, i think i will never follow an instruction if it puts me within 2 or 3 hours of last boarding time.

wow - that really throws a different perspective. especially since the less expensive cabins on lower decks are usually chosen by folks who may not be able to afford to buy last minute airfare to the next port.

i almost cant believe that they were there before the ship actually sailed, with a letter proving they were told specifically to be there at that time, and the ship wouldnt let them board

while i was leaning towards arriving at the assigned time, i think i will never follow an instruction if it puts me within 2 or 3 hours of last boarding time.

Ya I read that post too...

And got the impression that if the Traveller had a letter in hand that said Board at 4:00 PM and showed up on time as such, but infact ALL ABOARD was at 3:30 for a Sailaway before 5 PM, and therefore was REFUSED BOARDING

Not only would I be ticked...

I would be calling a lawyer

Cheers!