Fed up by missing out on celebrity promotions in Australia, Again!

Ozy71

Again Australia as been exclude from the latest promotion from Celebrity. Just try to book a cruise in the Caribbean in January 2016, including the new all inclusive 123go promotion, only to be told that Australians are not eligible. We need to make more noise about this injustice and get Celebrity to treat it Australian customers the same as the USA customers. I am sure there is a reason why, but it escapes me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do your sums and if it works out a better deal just book with a US agent as others have said.

We are cruising on Solstice next month and received all three perks as part of a US agent/Celebrity promo. Around 2K Aus PP once exchange rate was factored in for what ended up as an Aqua 1 cabin, drinks, grats and $250 OBC for 12 days.

If the value is better then you would book locally without the perks. I don't see any problem with what they do as I am free to choose the agent that gives us the best value. and if the value doesn't stack up then we just don't book.

Edited by woodyren

There's plenty of competition out there that will be happy to take your money and look after you! Speak with your money :)

As others have said booking with a US agent will get you the perk but with the exchange rate at the moment might make it not so good value, shop around and keep your options open!

I think you almost have to consider Celebrity Australia as a separate entity when it comes to prices and offers. In the past I have taken advantages of special offers which were only available by booking through Celebrity in Australia. I have also noticed huge disparities between prices and last year I booked an Asian cruise which was $300 cheaper per person than the equivalent US prices.

It's not too hard these days to find a US agent who will accept Australian bookings so you have that option if you really need to take advantage of a US offer.

Edited by gek

I think you almost have to consider Celebrity Australia as a separate entity when it comes to prices and offers. In the past I have taken advantages of special offers which were only available by booking through Celebrity in Australia. I have also noticed huge disparities between prices and last year I booked an Asian cruise which was $300 cheaper per person than the equivalent US prices.

It's not too hard these days to find a US agent who will accept Australian bookings so you have that option if you really need to take advantage of a US offer.

Agreed :cool:

However, I would like to have all the bargains and offers here all the time.;)