Tell me about the shows on the Independence of the Seas

I haven't seen any current information other than that the ice show is a must-see. We were on Freedom of the Seas last year and the ice show was spectacular! Are the shows on the Independence of the Seas the same as those on the Freedom? If not, what are they like, and which ones are must-sees?

I haven't seen any current information other than that the ice show is a must-see. We were on Freedom of the Seas last year and the ice show was spectacular! Are the shows on the Independence of the Seas the same as those on the Freedom? If not, what are they like, and which ones are must-sees?

There are two or three production shows (singers and dancers) and the typical headliners (comedy, tribute act, juggler, etc).

I saw on a review from a cruise in March of this year that they had Once Upon a Time. I'm hoping they still have it when I'm on Indy in July next year. We were on Freedom in June and I really thought my kids would enjoy it, but they were so misbehaved that evening, we skipped it. I really regretted not seeing it.

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on Indy over New Year's and this is the info I received from RCI in response to an email I sent re on-board entertainment.

We are pleased to offer the following entertainment on-board the Independence of the Seas:

Under the Big Top – Main Theater

Center Stage - Main Theater

Once Upon A Time - Main Theater

Strings! A World Adventure on Ice – Ice Show

Freeze Frame – Ice Show

Olympus Rocks – Parade

The Mad Hatter’s Ball - Parade

Michele Balan - Comedian

Joe Nagy - Schooner Bar Entertainer

Robbie Mcnay - Pub Guitarist

Resurrection - A Journey Tribute

Steve Caouette - Comedy Variety

Craig A Meyer - Impressionist

Juliette Primrose - Ice Act - Star Act

Royal Caribbean International sets the industry standard for cruise line entertainment at sea. From Broadway-caliber performances to interactive shows for kids, our talent from all over the world offers exciting on-board entertainment for guests of all ages. On-board entertainment includes:

• Live shows in our world-class theaters

• Parades

• Live music

• Special events, game shows and theme nights

• Stand-up comedy

Hope this helps. Only 20 more sleeps!

Just got off Independence on Saturday.

Welcome Aboard Show

Freeze Frame -An Ice Spectacular

Headliner - Magical Evening of Grand Illusions

Invitation to Dance

Farewell Show with Carl Banks

They were all great!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking this same cruise. I took the same cruise last year. While I know it's expensive to replace shows it's a bummer that the shows are the same as last year. Kinda boring. This ship worked out the best for us so we didn't really have another option... I'm sure others out there have run into this same issue of repeating a cruise and having to see the same shows.

We are sailing on Indy over New Year's and this is the info I received from RCI in response to an email I sent re on-board entertainment.

We are pleased to offer the following entertainment on-board the Independence of the Seas:

Under the Big Top – Main Theater

Center Stage - Main Theater

Once Upon A Time - Main Theater

Strings! A World Adventure on Ice – Ice Show

Freeze Frame – Ice Show

Olympus Rocks – Parade

The Mad Hatter’s Ball - Parade

Michele Balan - Comedian

Joe Nagy - Schooner Bar Entertainer

Robbie Mcnay - Pub Guitarist

Resurrection - A Journey Tribute

Steve Caouette - Comedy Variety

Craig A Meyer - Impressionist

Juliette Primrose - Ice Act - Star Act

Royal Caribbean International sets the industry standard for cruise line entertainment at sea. From Broadway-caliber performances to interactive shows for kids, our talent from all over the world offers exciting on-board entertainment for guests of all ages. On-board entertainment includes:

• Live shows in our world-class theaters

• Parades

• Live music

• Special events, game shows and theme nights

• Stand-up comedy

Hope this helps. Only 20 more sleeps!

Do you need to make reservations in advance for Independence of the Seas,and if so, do I make them before I sail?

You can't make reservations on Indy. Just show up. Only the ice show will have tickets handed out one morning on the Royal Promenade. Show up and pick up tickets for the time you want. No charge.

I'm taking this same cruise. I took the same cruise last year. While I know it's expensive to replace shows it's a bummer that the shows are the same as last year. Kinda boring. This ship worked out the best for us so we didn't really have another option... I'm sure others out there have run into this same issue of repeating a cruise and having to see the same shows.

These shows have been on Indy for about 6 years now. I love Indy's itinerary, have done it several times, but really dislike most of the shows.

What are the names and styles of the stage shows? We had a fairy tale one on Freedom. Which shows are the best?

I was on Independence on November 30th. We had 2 production shows on a 6 night cruise. One was "Once Upon a Time", the other was Invitation to Dance. Once Upon the time was probably one of the best I have ever seen IMO. Invitation to Dance was also really good, especially if you like dance.

The ice show was also fantastic. Headliners were just blah, again in my opinion.

I was on Independence on November 30th. We had 2 production shows on a 6 night cruise. One was "Once Upon a Time", the other was Invitation to Dance. Once Upon the time was probably one of the best I have ever seen IMO. Invitation to Dance was also really good, especially if you like dance.

The ice show was also fantastic. Headliners were just blah, again in my opinion.

So happy that "once upon a time" was still there. We missed it on freedom last summer and I know my kids will enjoy it. Hopefully it will still be on Indy in July!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So is it like ballroom dancers doing different dances?

The ballroom dancers are sometimes on the stage by themselves and other times on stage with the other dancers. They do have their own unique way of dancing however.

These shows have been on Indy for about 6 years now. I love Indy's itinerary, have done it several times, but really dislike most of the shows.

Ugh. This is definitely the worst part of Indy. The main theatre shows are so dated and awful, cheesy music and costumes. They definitely look 10+ years old! I would compare them to your local high school production. If you're expecting Broadway, or even off off Broadway...adjust your expectations WAY down.

Luckily no one cruises for the shows, though, right?!

Based on your screen name, let me say -- Congratulations on your season.

Thanks for the info on the shows from you perspective -- we are cruising on the 8 day itinerary on Indy in February.....and I usually enjoy the entertainment on board, except maybe jugglers. I will probably envy the dancers and what they can do, not what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the Freedom entertainment, our first sailing on the Navigator had a Motown group that was best show I have ever attended at Sea.

I have really enjoyed the Ice Shows on all the ships, I am wondering what the street parties are like. Last one I went to was an 80s night and was a blast. I really hope the Journey Tribute band is on our sailing in the spring.

I was on the Indy 22-30 Nov. It was an enjoyable cruise, as always. Chose this particular cruise because it was during Thanksgiving, and the itinerary was outstanding. The ship was great. My only disappointments were the shops onboard and some of the shows. After seeing the shows on the Oasis and on the Allure, I was just a little underwhelmed. I missed Starbucks too. But it was a wonderful cruise.