Christmas Decorations on Cabin door and in room

Sailaway John

Help Please . . .

What is the best way to attach Christmas Decorations to Cabin Door and inside your cabin so as not to leave a mark when you leave.

Blu tac works for mailbox, cabin door, glass door, mirror, wood surfaces. We also take string. Santa won't miss your cabin!

The doors and walls re metal so magnets work. The crew use scotch tape for the birthday and anniversary celebration greetings and balloons. I have also used the hooks where you pull and stretch the adhesive to make it pop off. Scotch Contact brand I think?

The magnets with a spring clip on them are great for controlling all the papers in the stateroom. Just put the current ones on the wall.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've used scotch tape to put things on my cabin door. The things I've put have not needed a lot of tape, and it does peel off without leaving a mark. Test your brand on your cabin door before you decorate.

In our cabin, we've used magnetic clips to hang our really large stocking. It's about 3 feet tall. I set up our Christmas tree on the desk. It's about a foot tall.

Tape...

I think blue painter's tape would work well, it won't leave a mark or sticky residue.

You can wind some around an old credit card so you don't have to take the whole roll

with. I've brought some duct tape that way for quick repairs. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Granny pants

I use magnets for the door, and the clings that stick to windows and mirrors for the inside. Last year my cabin steward asked how I had attached my Halloween decorations to be sure I didn't use tape, as he said it wasn't allowed. However, this year I noticed a lot had used tape on their doors, so I guess it's dependent on the hotel manager. I wouldn't worry too much, just use common sense. A strong magnet to hand a wreath or a string of battery operated lights is probably best.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Maureen

Like other magnets work great. Get the strong ones on line, the kitchen type are not really strong enough.

Also the cling on decorations work great. I had a lot last xmas and even a 4 foot tree that was a cling on. Worked really well.

Like other magnets work great. Get the strong ones on line, the kitchen type are not really strong enough.

Also the cling on decorations work great. I had a lot last xmas and even a 4 foot tree that was a cling on. Worked really well.

Did you put the clings on the walls or the windows? I know they work on glass, but I would be so happy if they worked on the walls.

Help Please . . .

What is the best way to attach Christmas Decorations to Cabin Door and inside your cabin so as not to leave a mark when you leave.

On Emerald, someone stole the decorations from my door,

and my parents' door. No marks were left, other than on

my feelings.

And, it was stuff from Dollar Tree. I guess someone found it

valuable.

We have found that the 3M Command Strips work great for decorating your door and cabin. They come in a variety of sizes and you can get them with hooks to hold wreaths, stockings and anything else you can think of. Decorating our cabins at Christmas was one of the kids' traditions growing up.

Did you put the clings on the walls or the windows? I know they work on glass, but I would be so happy if they worked on the walls.

I was traveling with small children so, they went on the door, inside and out, the walls, the mirrors in cabin and bathroom, and on windows. Just about any space we had got something. The steward said "wow" and brought another down to see. Sure he was worried he was going to have a mess but we took everything down and no trace of them having been there.

Never had had anything stolen from door. But we also dont worry about it and if it goes its ok.