Cruising for the Ship or Itinerary?

yoboy08753

We are currently booked on a 9 day NCL Gem out of NYC in March with a great Eastern itinerary. Have done the Gem in the past and 3 of the ports but never Tortola. We are now considering going over to Royal to sail out of NJ on the new Quantum for the same week same price but having done the San Juan and never the private island. CONFUSED...HELPPPP!!! THOUGHTS???:confused::confused:

Ok, I may be long in tooth but I would like to go on the new Quantum for the sky-diving simulator, Northstar, and my favorite bumper cars. I love NCL but as a senior I would like to try all these things while at sea. But then I also went helmet diving and can't swim!:eek: You have been on the Gem so it might be nice to try something new for a change up and then come back home to NCL.

I also choose by itinerary and price. My upcoming cruise in two weeks we decided by price and ship because kids are going. There is no wrong decision. In your shoes though I'd pick Quantum, I don't care if I ever go to Tortola. But you have to do what you are drawn to most. I typically try to choose the ship with the most stops, southern itineraries are my favorite. I choose the ship with the cheapest balcony cabin offered.

We are in a balcony and the prices compare. We were on the breakaway a month ago and were very disappointed in the pool deck area. Looking at quantum pics the pool deck also seems small. We are looking at maybe jumping on a 2 day quantum next weekend now to get it out of our system

We are currently booked on a 9 day NCL Gem out of NYC in March with a great Eastern itinerary. Have done the Gem in the past and 3 of the ports but never Tortola. We are now considering going over to Royal to sail out of NJ on the new Quantum for the same week same price but having done the San Juan and never the private island. CONFUSED...HELPPPP!!! THOUGHTS???:confused::confused:

Since the new Quantum won't be around these parts much longer I'd pick that in a heartbeat!

I vote for trying Quantum. I pick for itinerary.

If you look below I am booked on 3 different cruise lines for my next 3 cruises, 2 being new lines I want to try, just to try due to the itineraries, departure port, and price of the cruise.

Since the new Quantum won't be around these parts much longer I'd pick that in a heartbeat!

This ^, but I love big ships, and I don't care about the pool deck. It comes down to what you want. So far, several cruises to eastern and western Caribbean, and nothing has impressed me as far as ports go. (I'm very much in the minority here.)

I'm always intrigued by a new ship, but ultimately I look at the itinerary. And now, with airfare and paying for luggage ( which I always have plenty of), I will find the best itinerary out of NY. Trying to find new islands to visit has been a challenge, but in January I will be seeing St. Kitts and St. Lucia for the first time.