What happens off Marina before a very late flight

Minoushka

A lot depends on where you are disembarking - you don't say! What I would do personally is to take a Day Room in a downtown hotel so I had a place to leave my carryon luggage and also to rest and shower before my flight. Then either arrange a sightseeing tour or visit some museums. Plus have lunch etc. You will be off the ship by 0900 so it will be a very long day if you don't have somewhere to "call home" for a while!

While you didn't say where you are disembarking, would be very surprised that your luggage would be taken to the airport by Oceania or any other cruise line.

After all, in order to check luggage at the airport in these post 9-11 days, you have to be there checking in or checked in for the flight and with your flight at 11 PM, doubt they would check your bag in the AM without you there and if that's the case, where will your luggage be for you to pick up and check in.

Think you need to check with Oceania again about luggage going directly to the airport before a late evening flight. Think the agent gave you bad information as many people with late flights have the same problem with their luggage and were to keep it while touring before a late evening flight.

While you didn't say where you are disembarking, would be very surprised that your luggage would be taken to the airport by Oceania or any other cruise line.

After all, in order to check luggage at the airport in these post 9-11 days, you have to be there checking in or checked in for the flight and with your flight at 11 PM, doubt they would check your bag in the AM without you there and if that's the case, where will your luggage be for you to pick up and check in.

Think you need to check with Oceania again about luggage going directly to the airport before a late evening flight. Think the agent gave you bad information as many people with late flights have the same problem with their luggage and were to keep it while touring before a late evening flight.

Things operate a bit differently in Papeete. I suspect Oceania would take the luggage and have it available at the airport at check-in time. I also suspect Oceania might provide a tour for the day.

I would look into a dayroom. The Intercontinental and Le Meridien both offer them.

When we were there, Oceania took the luggage to the airport and it was secured in a large tent for the day. We took a cab to the airport and rented a car for the day to circumnavigate the island. Planned a route with a bunch of stops, meal breaks and then returned the car, got the luggage and flew out. Just an idea for you.....