Royal Caribbean Websire Issue may cancel your cruise.

sajaann411

I don't see any pricing at all on the RCI website. Not through My Countdown, not through My Cruises. All I have is confirmation email that I received after booking which lists cruise, stateroom, price, deposit, and balance due.

I think you and I share the same solar system. This is exactly what I see, or don't see when I look at my cruises. I book with a TA and they give me a quote. I am 99.9% certain that when I make final payment I only pay what I was quoted....

jc

I've gone in under my cruises like normal--but this time with fingers crossed. My balance is still showing correct. That said, I have not paid anything except the deposit (from a NCC) and I haven't added any excursions or other options. I wonder if that is what causes the additional?

I think it is a good theory if you had any special pricing (resident rates, senior rates, etc) when booking. Maybe even in C&A pricing that you weren't aware. That could potentially cause that "sensitive price" another poster talked about and it gets reverted to the price without the discount. Just my theory.

I will also go with the theory their IT dept. is likely underpaid therefore not attracting top talent. And I would also assume they have very lax testing or other controls that are standard in the IT Project lifecycle. Too many IT problems to convince me they use standard methodology.

Would you mind sharing how do you see your balance when going through Before you Board - Countdown to cruise? I went several times and I cannot figure out where the balance shows in there. I know I can get it if I went through My Cruises but I don't want to do that :(

log in at the main web page and then about half way down, you should see a section called Purchased and Held cruises. Click on your reservation number and it will take you to a screen that show your Vacation Summary and your package total and balance should be listed

log in at the main web page and then about half way down, you should see a section called Purchased and Held cruises. Click on your reservation number and it will take you to a screen that show your Vacation Summary and your package total and balance should be listed

Oh, I do see it that way, and it's correct, but I thought the moment you log in (as in type in your user id and the password) you are basically redirected to My Cruises pages, even if you didn't specifically click on My Cruises link. I thought there was a way to see your balance by going to Before you Board - Countdown to Cruise - by entering your Last Name, Reservation, Date, Ship, etc... because you are kinda not logged in.

Thank you for your help :)

I will also go with the theory their IT dept. is likely underpaid therefore not attracting top talent. And I would also assume they have very lax testing or other controls that are standard in the IT Project lifecycle. Too many IT problems to convince me they use standard methodology.

Reminds me of a contract I had with IBM Global Services once. Now, IBM practically INVENTED the standard methodology. I started my PM job and found out the programmers would call up my rollout staff and bully them in the middle of the night to put their software changes into production immediately.

I was appalled. Needless to say, I put a double approval process in place which meant the rollout staff had time to thoroughly test before moving to production. THEY weren't going to call upper management in the middle of the night!!

I've seen posts that this is an issue and so far I've not experienced it. I booked my Liberty onboard and haven't had any issues going to My Cruises to book excursions or specialty restaurants. Cruise owing amount was always correct. It does have OBC so I do have to call for some changes (like a price drop) but have had no problems.

I think you and I share the same solar system.

jc

So glad that I'm in SOMEONE'S solar system! ;-)

So did you book with a TA? A poster up thread says that people who used a TA cannot see the info on the RCI website. I did book with a TA.

Yes, do this all of the time and it never shows any balance or even anything relating to pricing in any form shape or manner. It does list my reservation number my C&A number. It list my Travel agency and tells me to contact them for any questions or servicing needs with this reservation. This might be a good reason to use a travel agent. At least booking with a good travel agent....:D

Like I said earlier, we don't all get the same information nor the same risks of screwing up our reservation.

jc

and on one deck lower. My travel agent got the pricing fixed and I am now "waitlisted" for a cabin I booked 5 months ago and paid off last month.

I always keep every email and make hard copis of them until after the cruise is over and I am sure my final bill is correct.

I am convinced that the "I" in Royal Caribbean's IT department stands for ignominious!!!

I am in the software/web business. In my opinion, the RCCL web site is awful. It is a lot better than it used to be but it still looses information, looses search criteria, kicks the person back to the home page, etc.

When I purchase a cruise, shows, excursions, etc. I am always a little uncertain as to whether it was successful or not.

They are on the right track but they are only 60% of a rock solid solution.

Given the all of the web site flaws, I am a bit worried about our personal data being secure. They have a lot of detailed data such as charge card and passport numbers, etc. That would be my question/warning to upper management as I suspect, like other companies, they have no clue of the looming potential disaster of data theft.

If I go in through "My Cruises" I get the proper balance: total price minus the $1000 deposit. I decided to try the "Countdown" route and it showed a balance of -$1000. Went back to "My Cruises" and found the proper amounts again.

Given the all of the web site flaws, I am a bit worried about our personal data being secure. They have a lot of detailed data such as charge card and passport numbers, etc. That would be my question/warning to upper management as I suspect, like other companies, they have no clue of the looming potential disaster of data theft.

I have thought of that as well. Unfortunately, it often requires disaster to convince upper mangement of the flaws in the system.

I'm wondering if all of these cruises with problems are from booking directly through RCCL or their web site? I book through a travel agent who uses CruisingPower's booking tool, and I've never had an issue with the My Cruises link.

However, I asked C&A's D+ desk this morning to check on a possible upgrade, and she had to log out of my reservation to see the correct new price for the possible upgrade.

I am thinking it's their direct booking tool that's got the glitch, not reservations through CruisingPower.

Pricing won't change on CruisingPower just for looking, but even a revenue-neutral change to a booking with special faring (such as a cabin change in the same category) will refare the cruise. At least one can click "ignore reservation" to preserve the correct pricing. I call C&A to make any changes to those reservations now.