Vegetarian at Chops

Jessie2013

My daughter is a vegetarian, and we dined at Chops on the Freedom in October with out issue.

When I made the reservation I made sure they knew of the dietary concern and again when the waiter introduced himself. They made a pasta dish for her main course which she enjoyed. IMO - they went out of their way to ensure my daughter enjoyed her dinner and experience at Chops.

Not sure what ship you're on, but if they're in it for the filet and Giovanni's is on your ship, go there instead. We dined at Giovanni's one year for Thanksgiving and had a vegetarian with us. She had pasta, enjoyed many of the appetizers and the meat-loves among our group had EXCELLENT filets!

There is a tuna entrée. I could not tell by your post if you needed non-fish also or if fish was OK. I had the tuna and was it very good.

They also have a new shrimp cocktail, and also a crab/shrimp cake appetizer. I believe there are several other non meat appetizers.

If you require no fish, poultry or beef, than you probably ( as suggested) should check once on board to see if they can accommodate you.

enjoy

M

I had the goat cheese salad which was so good, crab cake, tuna, spinach and mashed potatoes. There were four selections of seafood. Three types of fish and shrimp. I could have had just the salad and veggies and been very happy though.

Have been to Chops several times and, although I am not a vegetarian, I have no doubt that I could have a delicious and filling meal by just eating selections from the list of appetizers and side dishes. You would, I think, still have to pay the full surcharge, so the suggestion to see them beforehand to arrange for a special entree is probably good advice. Hope you enjoy it!:)

I don't eat red meat and I do know they have a plank halibut dish on the menu. We have stopped going to Chops because we feel it is just not worth the money...go to Giovanni's twice instead :D

Agree though...you can ask in advance and they will knock themselves out to please you!