Favorite requests of your room steward

Jessie2013

Extra pillows- we each need 3 total

Brown blanket

Ice

No towel animals-but that seems to give them a challenge of impressing us with something anyway.

We always ask for slippers even though they say they don't have them any longer.

We're sailing on FOS next month with my in-laws, who have never taken a vacation like this before. I'm curious what are some of the favorite requests you make of your room steward that enhances your vacation?

I didn't realize at first that you could ask that the ice bucket always be kept full. It's now something I really appreciate! Of course, we always tip accordingly for any extra requests we make.

Stop pestering me about your tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

What's always nice is what you can do for him/her. Always put the "Room is ready to be cleaned" card in your key slot so they know when you're away and therefore won't disturb you if you're still in the cabin. And vice versa, the "do no disturb" sign if you don't want to be disturbed.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

Just be sure to put out the right one. I mistakenly put out the 'do not disturb' (yes I know they are different color:p) when we went off ship for a day long excursion while in Turkey. Our room steward was so happy to see us when we got back as we actually didn't get back to the cabin till after the ship had sailed. He thought that maybe there was something wrong and was about to contact his supervisor to see if he should knock. :o

Please call us Jim and Sue. And, they get a greeting whenever we see them in the hallway!

These folks work very hard, they deserve their gratuity, our respect and our thanks!

Oh yeah, we also ask for wine glasses...

How true -- the cabin stewards work extremely hard.

Please call us Jim and Sue. And, they get a greeting whenever we see them in the hallway!

These folks work very hard, they deserve their gratuity, our respect and our thanks!

Oh yeah, we also ask for wine glasses...

I so wish I could get my steward to do that, ie call me by my first name, I really dislike being called sir or mister, but when I say please call me Geoff I get Mr Geoff, which makes herself laugh because when we first met I was helping run some holiday groups and that's what the kids called me and she would do the same.

I so wish I could get my steward to do that, ie call me by my first name, I really dislike being called sir or mister, but when I say please call me Geoff I get Mr Geoff, which makes herself laugh because when we first met I was helping run some holiday groups and that's what the kids called me and she would do the same.

Yes!! I always sail with my daughter and everyone calls us Mrs. Ann and Miss Kirsty. It's so cute, makes me want to give them a hug. :)

You should understand it is the corporate training that they are following and don't want in any way to 'compromise' their job, should their supervisor overhear them speaking to you. In this case, they are trying to accommodate speaking to you in a more relaxed way, but still following company policy.