D1 or D2

mkca

What is the difference between a D1 and D2 Balcony on Oasis? The size looks to be the same. Is it just purely location?

Would you switch from a D2 to a D1 given the opportunity?

Thanks for your help!

The balcony portion of the stateroom is larger on a D1. Also, depending on when you are cruising, some of the stateroom designations are changing, and D1s will be the staterooms that can sleep more than two guests.

How about on the Navigator of the Seas? What would be the difference between the D1, D2, or D3? We are in a D3, I couldn't find a difference in either of them.:cool: and I called myself researching...evidently NOT enough.

But...I've not ever cruised either. But...I'm sure ready to...:D

How about on the Navigator of the Seas? What would be the difference between the D1, D2, or D3? We are in a D3, I couldn't find a difference in either of them.:cool: and I called myself researching...evidently NOT enough.

But...I've not ever cruised either. But...I'm sure ready to...:D

No difference in stateroom or balcony size between D1, D2, or D3 on Navigator.

• 1 year later...
I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me the difference between a D1 and a D2 on Explorer of the Seas. We have a midships D2 on deck 9.

There is no difference in cabin or balcony size. The only difference is that D1's can hold more than 2 guests while D2's only hold 2 guests.

In most cases now Royal will not allow 2 people to book a D1 cabin.

Location is the difference between those cabins. D3 is lowest and D1 is best according to Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While that may have been true in the past Rotal has reclassified many cabins so that the difference in D1 and D2 is based on occupancy with D1's holding more than 2 guests.

As you alluded to D3's are perceived as a poorer location than D1's or D2's.

While that may have been true in the past Rotal has reclassified many cabins so that the difference in D1 and D2 is based on occupancy with D1's holding more than 2 guests.

As you alluded to D3's are perceived as a poorer location than D1's or D2's.

Specific to first-generation Voyager class (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure), D3 cabins are on Deck 6. (less "inviting" balcony construction)

There is no difference in cabin or balcony size. The only difference is that D1's can hold more than 2 guests while D2's only hold 2 guests.

Interesting. I recently booked a D1 for 2 adults with no questions asked.

• 3 months later...

I tried to book a D1 for the two of us and was not able to on Royals website. Instead I got a D2 on the beginning of the first hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk