Sanctuary prices

jackyfromwyk

I read a few years ago that some ships only offer the full week option (no individual days or 1/2 days). Does anyone know if this holds true for Emerald Princess out of Houston? We are looking at changing our February cruise to Emerald and wanted to ask the question. I would like the option for 1/2 day maybe once or twice, but I definitely would not get the value out of it for the full 7 days.

I read a few years ago that some ships only offer the full week option (no individual days or 1/2 days). Does anyone know if this holds true for Emerald Princess out of Houston? We are looking at changing our February cruise to Emerald and wanted to ask the question. I would like the option for 1/2 day maybe once or twice, but I definitely would not get the value out of it for the full 7 days.

Hi, did you know that RCI's Sanctuary is FREE!! It's lovely, quiet, lovely pool, comfy chairs, and hot tub...It's great. We actually prefer that to the one on Princess for which they now charge $20 1/2 day or $40 full day.

Not much of a difference from Princess to RCI. Something to think about.

Have fun:)

Hi, did you know that RCI's Sanctuary is FREE!! It's lovely, quiet, lovely pool, comfy chairs, and hot tub...It's great. We actually prefer that to the one on Princess for which they now charge $20 1/2 day or $40 full day.

RCI's "Sancutary" is ACTUALLY called the "SOLURIUM". On Princesses, one buys the chair for the day, half-day, or whole cruise. It is your chair. Also, the peacefullness is actually enforced.

Only simular thing is that both are no kids, both hace sunny and shady spots.

As you are an RCI fan, it is like the Diamond Plus Lounge, only outside, and instead of paying RCI for 175 nights at sea, it only cost you 20/30/40 for that area.

Interesting. You can reserve "your" lounger for the entire cruise for free and no one else can use it during that time? Attendants to bring you blankets, pillows, food, etc.? All for free and anyone in any type of cabin can book? Something to consider.

Can you see the MUTS screen from the Sanctuary on the Coral?
No. The Sanctuary on the Island and Coral is aft, the very back of the ship. There is no open deck between the Sanctuary and mid-ship. The great thing about the Sanctuary location on these ships is that it's much quieter than on other ships. No MUTS, no cabana TVs blaring, etc. Truly a Sanctuary.

Yes, I did. I like Royal Caribbean's Solarium, but as others have noted, there are some differences. When deciding between Emerald out of Houston or Navigator out of Galveston, I did list the free solarium as a pro for RCI but also listed the ability to reserve your own lounger as a pro for Princess. I really like both products. Each uniquely different with experiences; I like both for different reasons.

Yes, I did. I like Royal Caribbean's Solarium, but as others have noted, there are some differences. When deciding between Emerald out of Houston or Navigator out of Galveston, I did list the free solarium as a pro for RCI but also listed the ability to reserve your own lounger as a pro for Princess. I really like both products. Each uniquely different with experiences; I like both for different reasons.

But keep in mind, only a lucky few actually get to reserve their own lounger on Princess. While the Sanctuary is lovely, it had it's downside.

Inquiring minds want to know ..... what is "it's downside" ???

To me the downside is that you have to Elite and one of the first to board to get a spot for a week or line up at 6:30 am to get it by the day.

We had 5 sea days in Celebrity's free solarium and didn't have to race around once and always found a chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have ALWAYS found a lounger on RCI...Even on sea days..To me no downside.