Newbie question

I just received an email with arrival times by deck for the 11/22 LOS cruise. How serious are they? :D

New to Royal and was surprised to see this.

Thanks!

Angela

Unless the email says something about Coast Guard or Public Health inspections, I would not expect boarding to be delayed. The arrival times for US ports are just suggested, not enforced.

The best answer, at least to me :p, might be go when you want and let us know how it works for you. This is relatively new and reports have varied. I haven't specifically seen anything about Liberty, but people aren't having any trouble boarding Oasis or Allure when they want, but that may be the difference between Apples and Oranges.

Damm, work kept me from beating Bob!

Edited by BillOh

I am sure most people will ignore this, I think we had a suggested time on last cruise, it would be nice if everyone did it since it would be a smother check-in

That would be the intent, I'm not convinced its needed everywhere. Miami with bigger ships that they rarely send their anymore yes. Unless they absolutely tell me no, I'm boarding at the first possible moment. The large number of people flying in the day of the cruise will keep the later slots busy.

At first I agreed with most of you-don't pay attention to the requested times-but I'm inclined to think they are serious about this boarding by deck/time. I've gotten two texts and an email about it. I, just now, got an email wanting me to reply with proof that I received these messages.

I'm driving four hours to Ft. Lauderdale and don't want to get there and not be allowed to check in for a while.

It's not that big of a deal so, I'm going to follow their schedule. Guess I'll have to give up that 'leisurely lunch' that we always had in the WJ!

I got the email too later requesting a reply to acknowledge receipt. We are deck 10 - the earliest time - but we have boarded Disney at 11. When do they typically board?

Too excited!

New ship, cruise line and 5 luscious days at sea! Woo hooooo!

Angela

Royal usually starts boarding between 11am and 11:30am.