Changing Sailing Date after Final Payment--Is it possible?

bb24

We have had a bit of a family emergency and may be needing to change the date of our January cruise. Is it possible to change the sailing date without penalty?? I know the price of the cruise may be different but I am wondering mostly about paying cancellation charges in addition to new price of the cruise.

We have had a bit of a family emergency and may be needing to change the date of our January cruise. Is it possible to change the sailing date without penalty?? I know the price of the cruise may be different but I am wondering mostly about paying cancellation charges in addition to new price of the cruise.

If it's after final payment date, then you are in the penalty period. Call Royal and see if they can help.

They have been known to let you change. They take it on a case by case basis. I think it helps if the cruise you want to change to costs more than the one already booked. Give them a call.

No. Must use insurance and then redo. . Was told upon husband having bypass surgery that I could go with someone else. I think they heard my answer without phone lines all the way from NY to Miami!!! Vicki

No. Must use insurance and then redo. . Was told upon husband having bypass surgery that I could go with someone else. I think they heard my answer without phone lines all the way from NY to Miami!!! Vicki

Sorry they did not let you change. They let me do it once and here is a thread from someone that just did it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127608

We also weren't allowed to change to a new sailing after my DH broke his ankle. We lost a next cruise because of it. We also had insurance and were told we would have to go that route.

It seems that if you have insurance, especially if you have Cruise Care, they are less apt to work with you than if you don't have insurance. At the time I was told no, we couldn't rebook, there were multiple people who posted that they were allowed to rebook who didn't have insurance.

We will still buy insurance to cover us for the "what ifs" but it is frustrating that someone who doesn't spend the money on insurance ends up with a more positive result.

• 2 months later...

Looks like our April Queensland cruise is in jeopardy due to a subpoena to testify (someone she arrested) smack in the middle of our vacation. AND its a very intensive itinerary on the land side of things not to mention getting there etc.

Looking at the cruise portion only. Note: I used a next cruise certificate and getting RCI $150 OBC. And TA $330 TA OBC. I see a February cruise available, same ship, same itinerary, we can even get the aft balcony JS right next to the one we have in April. AND its even a couple hundred less but they could keep that if they would just switch us. Actually this ship looks pretty wide open from JS down as compared to the April (which is the last sailing for that itinerary in Australia). We do not have cruise care insurance.

I almost never use a TA, but did this time. Final payment was two weeks ago, ugh. WE are both C&A D+.

Do I have to have my TA ask, can I call C&A. I changed ships years ago to a higher priced sailing. But say its a clear even switch - do you think they'll go for it? I'm pretty sure my TA will hit me up with a change fee of $75, b/c she already got us a fee drop and also changed staterooms. A third change and I'm sure we will have to do the fee but that's okay, she deserves it. Unless since after final, I can deal directly with C&A.

Edited by Trekker954

Looks like our April Queensland cruise is in jeopardy due to a subpoena to testify smack in the middle of our vacation. AND its a very intensive itinerary on the land side of things not to mention getting there etc.

Looking at the cruise portion only. I see a February cruise available, same ship, same itinerary, we can even get the aft balcony JS right next to the one we have in April. AND its even a couple hundred less but they could keep that if they would just switch us. Actually this ship looks pretty wide open from JS down as compared to the April (which is the last sailing for that itinerary in Australia).

I almost never use a TA, but did this time. Final payment was two weeks ago, ugh. WE are both C&A D+.

Do I have to have my TA ask, can I call C&A. I changed ships years ago to a higher priced sailing. But say its a clear even switch - do you think they'll go for it? I'm pretty sure my TA will hit me up with a change fee of $75, b/c she already got us a fee drop and also changed staterooms. A third change and I'm sure we will have to do the fee but that's okay, she deserves it. Unless since after final, I can deal directly with C&A.

You still have to have your TA do the calling.