Booking surprise :(

lovey1103

I was checking prices on mine and my friends upcoming Regal Caribbean cruise and noticed mini's have come down in price. I hovered around the page for a few minutes and just as I was about to call my TA for my friends cabin upgrade from a deluxe balcony to a mini (I already have a mini) the price shot up 60$/pp. The page with the booking categories and prices still list 859$ but when you go to select a mini forward it is 919$ and mid-forward is 929$. This was not the case just a few minutes prior where a forward cabin showed 859$ and mid-forward 869$.

I called Princess and the recorder states I had a 6-10 minute wait, however I was on hold for 40 minutes and the recorded message went on and on.

Well, at this point I can't talk with my TA until morning. I did take screen shot at least of the Itinerary/fare page.

What's this all about?

I was checking prices on mine and my friends upcoming Regal Caribbean cruise and noticed mini's have come down in price. I hovered around the page for a few minutes and just as I was about to call my TA for my friends cabin upgrade from a deluxe balcony to a mini (I already have a mini) the price shot up 60$/pp. The page with the booking categories and prices still list 859$ but when you go to select a mini forward it is 919$ and mid-forward is 929$. This was not the case just a few minutes prior where a forward cabin showed 859$ and mid-forward 869$.

I called Princess and the recorder states I had a 6-10 minute wait, however I was on hold for 40 minutes and the recorded message went on and on.

Well, at this point I can't talk with my TA until morning. I did take screen shot at least of the Itinerary/fare page.

What's this all about?

Some cabins got sold or they putting the pricing up.

What's this all about?

It also may have been for New Bookings Only. I booked a cruise after final payment and the very next day the price went way down. I called Princess but they said it was for new bookings only...:(

Yes prices can change quickly and it is catch it if you can. I sympathize with trying to get your pvp. I really don't like using one because of their set hours and availability. Currently I am connected to one because of a group booking and I called her weeks ago and didn't get a return call and prior to that after trying her and her partners number that was on her voice mail I called the general number. But back to the original price changes are time sensitive make screen shots and call asap.

There are also deals in the UK at the moment.

I was speaking to our Princess Cruise Consultant last night about flights on next years Panama cruise, she noticed that if we paid an additional £20/person on the cruise price we would receive an additional $100/person obc :)

Also she says that there will be a pre Christmas sale happening, so keep checking prices.

If I'm booking a cruise before the final payment, I will do it directly with Princess so that I can call to make a change immediately when I see a better price. I can move the booking to my TA right before the final payment date.

After the final payment date, I'll book with my TA. I realize that most prices after the final payment date will be for "new bookings only." Nevertheless, I still will look. Fortunately the prices on our upcoming shorty cruises have gone up since I booked them two weeks ago. One is showing up $70 more per person for our category and the other is $110 more per person.

What's this all about?

You "hovered around the page" too long.

Once we've booked, I usually don't check prices, but then our last few cruises have been holiday cruises that get sold out. So not expecting prices to go down. In fact, a couple of cruises ago, when we booked just weeks before th sailing date, and all that was left were OVs and WSs (the last type were out of our price range and when we were exploring the ship the next month, realized we wouldn't have liked exiting those to the tobacco stink each time). We've booked an OV but asked to be waitlisted for insides (which you would think would be less expensive than an OV). I did get a few calls telling us an inside cabin became available, but the price quoted each time was actually higher than our OV, so I finally said just take us off the waitlist and we'll keep our original cabin, which we ended up really liking.

What's this all about?

It was probably a "flash" sale. Prices only good while offered and time limited. That's why you couldn't get through to Princess. Everyone before you is booking the deal..

Why didn't you lock in the flash sale promotion online on your computer as soon as you saw it? Now the promotional sale is most likely gone.

We recently score on a mid balcony stateroom for $499. 14 night cruise.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath you can still get in on the deal.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

What's this all about?

Just like buying an airline ticket. Price can change minute to minute as they try to fill empty seats.

Edited by Kingofcool1947