Flying from Montreal to Miami

RonenLin

I am now looking to book a flight from Montreal to Miami but I noticed there are 2 airports in Miami. Do both offer a shuttle and how much can each cost? What if I arrive a day earlier, are there any cheap hotels nearby? How much can a taxi cost? What is better to arrive a day before or the day of?

Man after all this research I really do need a vacation...

I am assuming you are talking about MIA and FLL(Fort Lauderdale)

I perfer MIA it is very close to the port and a $24 fixed price cab ride to the port. I would recomend flying in the day/night before your cruise.

We stayed at the Crown Plaza next to the airport it was around $100 per night but there were cheaper hotels available.

Edited by stevenq99

I'm in Montreal too :)

Never noticed another airport in Miami - maybe Fort Lauderdale (FLL)? It's about 40 minutes away, depending on traffic.

Taxi is $24 from MIA to POM (plus tip).

I have access to a list of hotels (some with a free shuttle to POM). I'll post a little later...

If you can, arriving the day before your cruise is safer - especially when flying. Too many things can go wrong (mechanical, crew, weather delays). Why risk your vacation?

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Thanks for the info guys! Man the flights are expensive for the month of Jan...especially for Montreal, its like they hate us here or something lol. I checked the same flights out of Toronto and I almost saved 50%, crazy!

I was looking to arrive in the evening a day before, maybe just stay at the airport till the next day. Its not to save money on the hotel but more to eliminate the hassle of getting to the hotel then book in/out then getting to the port...rather just stay at the airport and shuttle to the port.

Thanks for the info guys! Man the flights are expensive for the month of Jan...especially for Montreal, its like they hate us here or something lol. I checked the same flights out of Toronto and I almost saved 50%, crazy!

I was looking to arrive in the evening a day before, maybe just stay at the airport till the next day. Its not to save money on the hotel but more to eliminate the hassle of getting to the hotel then book in/out then getting to the port...rather just stay at the airport and shuttle to the port.

You mean sleeping in the airport lounge???? And remember that you won't be able to board your ship until around noon. That's gonna be a long night and morning in the airport. 😣😲😝

You mean sleeping in the airport lounge???? And remember that you won't be able to board your ship until around noon. That's gonna be a long night and morning in the airport. 😣😲😝

Yeah I know that's why it is still just an "option". Told my wife about it and the answer was "he11 no" hehe...

Holy cow! Don't hang out at the airport all night!

Here are some hotel options very close to the MIA airport:

Comfort Suites North 657 Minola Dr. 305-888-8404(airport to motel shuttle, b'fast, one-way shuttle to the port included in the stay. http://www.comfortsuitesmia.com

This hotel uses KSA Tours (954)316-2187, return trip is $10/pp (to hotel or airport)

La Quinta Inns & Suites: 3501 NW LeJeune Road, Miami Airport, Miami FL 33142. 305-871-1777. $62 + tax inc 1-4 people Standard room. Free Hot breakfast, Free High speed internet, Free Local calls, dataport phones w/voicemail. Free ONE way Shuttle to Port of Miami with return being $10/pp. Hotel uses Miami Jet Tours (786)351-2355 Can also stay at their North location which also offers park/cruise packages and shuttle. http://www.lq.com

Hampton Inn Airport W. (305)513-0777 KSA Tours ONE way shuttle $12/pp to POM(taxi back to hotel or airport) FREE hot breakfast. Park/cruise package appx. $129/night for up to 14 days.

Good info to have since it is generally less expensive for us to fly from Montreal to Miami than out of Burlington or Boston.

Airfare has skyrocketed, even since last year to FLL - even with the cost of fuel at a recent all-time low, and airlines charging for checked baggage!

It's funny that you mention driving to YUL for flights. I routinely look at flights PBG and BTV, and they are consistently less expensive, even with parking.

I guess living right next to the airport is too good for me to pass up, and I like flying Air Canada :)

Holy cow! Don't hang out at the airport all night!

Here are some hotel options very close to the MIA airport:

Comfort Suites North 657 Minola Dr. 305-888-8404(airport to motel shuttle, b'fast, one-way shuttle to the port included in the stay. http://www.comfortsuitesmia.com

This hotel uses KSA Tours (954)316-2187, return trip is $10/pp (to hotel or airport)

We used this hotel in September 2014 utilizing BOTH free shuttles and the $10 shuttle at the end of the cruise for POM to MIA airport. Seamless, cheap and convenient. Hotel was nicer than expected, front desk service outstanding, bar service mediocre but prices were good, pizza delivery easy for dinner. Breakfast was fine. This hotel is not located in a neighborhood with any restaurants or shops except for a convenience store about a block away.

One suggestion: if you are arriving late, call the hotel ahead of time to reserve shuttle to pier. They fill up FAST!

Booked cheap thru the LMT Club. For a bargain one night stay, it's hard to beat.

Edited by jkgourmet

We are from the south shore of montreal and use often PBG ( Plattsburg airport ). It is about 1 hr drive from montreal, check Spirit & Allegiant websites. Parking fare are raisonable compare to what it cost to park at YUL ( montreal ). If i remember right, about $3 per day.

Often, prices are lower then $100 per segment . Spirit has a flight that depart at 2h am and arrives in FLL at 5h30am. Not the best hours to fly but, very cheap. I have seen it often at $49 p.p. Allegiant are a little more expensive.

Both cie you have to pay for luggage . You get a free back pack and checked luggage are less expensive then carry on. On spirit seats don't recline.. no food service included, all for fees, but, for a 3hr cheap flight, it gets the work done ! We got a roundtrip for $129 a few months ago … can't beat that ! Altought i now find that the overnight fly is too hard on my system, I am getting to old for that :cool:

have fun

josee

Wow Spirit is much cheaper, whats the plane company that they use? Nevermind, figured it out...

We are from the south shore of montreal and use often PBG ( Plattsburg airport ). It is about 1 hr drive from montreal, check Spirit & Allegiant websites. Parking fare are raisonable compare to what it cost to park at YUL ( montreal ). If i remember right, about $3 per day.

Often, prices are lower then $100 per segment . Spirit has a flight that depart at 2h am and arrives in FLL at 5h30am. Not the best hours to fly but, very cheap. I have seen it often at $49 p.p. Allegiant are a little more expensive.

Both cie you have to pay for luggage . You get a free back pack and checked luggage are less expensive then carry on. On spirit seats don't recline.. no food service included, all for fees, but, for a 3hr cheap flight, it gets the work done ! We got a roundtrip for $129 a few months ago … can't beat that ! Altought i now find that the overnight fly is too hard on my system, I am getting to old for that :cool:

have fun

josee

Edited by RonenLin

Not bad, but my dates are either Jan 3rd till Jan 11th or Jan 31st till Feb 8th. They are slightly more expensive...

It's only expensive if it's a direct flight. If you connect through YYZ, it may be a bit cheaper.

AC930

Montreal, Trudeau (YUL)

Miami, Miami Int'l (MIA)

Sat 10-Jan 16:50 20:49

0 3hr59 320 Tango, K

F

AC919

Miami, Miami Int'l (MIA)

Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ)

Terminal 1

Sat 17-Jan 08:00 11:15

0 6hr18 320 Tango, K

F

AC412

Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ)

Terminal 1

Montreal, Trudeau (YUL)

Sat 17-Jan 13:00 14:18

E90 Tango, K

F: Food for purchase on board

All Air Canada Café purchases made on board Air Canada and Air Canada rouge flights, as well as on Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, are payable only with Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.

Review final quote details Change flight(s)

Fare Summary Total charge for 1 adult Air Transportation Charges

Departing Flight (Tango)

(including surcharges) 136.50 Return Flight (Tango)

(including surcharges) 136.50 Taxes, Fees and Charges 132.66 Grand Total - Canadian dollars $405.66

I am now looking to book a flight from Montreal to Miami but I noticed there are 2 airports in Miami. Do both offer a shuttle and how much can each cost? What if I arrive a day earlier, are there any cheap hotels nearby? How much can a taxi cost? What is better to arrive a day before or the day of?

Man after all this research I really do need a vacation...

I'm in Ottawa which unfortunately has no direct flights to Miami so for the first 2 years drove to Montreal so we could fly direct but last year was able to fly direct from Ottawa to Fort Lauderdale. I've always flown in day before & booked thru NCL both the transfers & hotel; although last year did private transfers as I fractured my leg 2 weeks before the cruise.

You can also fly from Plattsburgh to south Florida, have you looked into that? The parking is free there too, so factor that into the equation. It's a bit far, but some people from that area drive to Albany just to fly southwest if it's cheap enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

You mean via Spirit?

You can also fly from Plattsburgh to south Florida, have you looked into that? The parking is free there too, so factor that into the equation. It's a bit far, but some people from that area drive to Albany just to fly southwest if it's cheap enough.

From Plattsburgh it would be spirit unless another airline has started up there. Albany would be southwest. I'm surprised that Burlington is more expensive than Montreal, as it is usually the opposite when I fly home.

I f I need a shuttle from the Hotel, which hotel should I book, close to the Airport or close to the Port, and are either walking distance or I will also need a shuttle from airport to hotel?

I was told Sofitel has a shuttle from Hotel to Port for extra cost (no clue how much though)...

Edited by RonenLin

• 2 months later...