Would you rather take a Nostalgic Cruise on MJ or Innovative cruise on AN?

The announcement of Majesty's retirement got me thinking..

For awhile, I've been tossing around the idea of going on the 3 Night Anthem Cruise to Nowhere in Mar 2016, however, after hearing of Majesty's retirement, I went to check out some prices. With airfare included, a 3 night cruise on Majesty would be a few hundred dollars more than the Anthem CTN. I have never been on Majesty (or any of the Sovereign Class ships for that matter), but thought it might be cool to sail her before her retirement.

So with it known that Majesty is going to be retired, would you sail on her..or take a CTN on Anthem, even though you have could have the possibility to sail on Anthem in the future???

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Yes. There was a press release saying that it is being transferred to Pullmantur and her last cruise is Apr 29, 2016, which is the last one available for booking.

my god ... see what happens when I skip Cruise Critic for a day ??? Jeez!

So with it known that Majesty is going to be retired, would you sail on her..or take a CTN on Anthem, even though you have could have the possibility to sail on Anthem in the future???

Yup, try Majesty just once... . AN, OV, Q will be around for years :)

I think this could be a personal type decision.

For me no, I would not do a Majesty cruise.

However let me put this in a bit of context...

I sailed on the Sovereign when she was brand new and the pride of the fleet. I then sailed on her a few years later just because. Right before she went into her in-depth renourishment that was chronicled on TV, I took another cruise on her just by happenstance.

After watching the TV show, I booked another cruise on her just to see what they did (and if they fixed the clock). Obviously by now this was because of a somewhat emotional attachment to that particular ship.

One thing that is unique for Sovereign class ships is how they were laid out. The cabins were mostly in the front while the public areas were in the back. In general this made it convenient to get between your can and a public area.

On a side note, I actually saw the Sovereign after she was transferred to Pullumanter. We were in Barcelona for a Med cruise, and I was able to see her in her latest incarnation.

The announcement of Majesty's retirement got me thinking..

For awhile, I've been tossing around the idea of going on the 3 Night Anthem Cruise to Nowhere in Mar 2016, however, after hearing of Majesty's retirement, I went to check out some prices. With airfare included, a 3 night cruise on Majesty would be a few hundred dollars more than the Anthem CTN. I have never been on Majesty (or any of the Sovereign Class ships for that matter), but thought it might be cool to sail her before her retirement.

That's a toughie. I think people like Majesty because it doesn't and can't provide what Anthem can. And Vice Versa.

But I don't think I'd pay a significant premium for the pleasure, just like I won't fly from FL to NJ to cruise to the Bahamas on Anthem.

If you have to fly price out tacking on a 4 day or something. Flying for a 3 day cruise is too much hassle.

I would choose the Majesty. I did the same thing with the Monarch and loved it. It is a totally different type of cruise

We did the final on Monarch also as she was our very first cruise in 1994 and we cruised her a lot when we lived in Orlando for 3 night cruises

I really want to do the final on Majesty b/c by far we have cruised her the most - 27 times so far. But not sure it will happen as we normally go to Punta Cana that weekend. So we will see. I think I am going to book it and then we can decide down the road what we are going to do

Actually just booked the last Majesty. I thing the prices are only going to go up since it is the last cruise, so I booked it and will figure out what we are going to do later. Plus with the promo, I got $100 OBC so will not pre-buy my bev pkg, will just buy it on the ship.

I can always move the cruise if we decide not to do this one, but my guess is we will!!

We're going on Majesty next spring because we knew she would leave soon, and I wanted to be able to say I tried a Sovereign Class ship (also, never been to Nassau and Cococay, so I have nothing to complain about yet).

Personally, I care about itinerary first and foremost, so I would rather go somewhere than nowhere at all.

I would lean towards Majesty, just because Anthem (or some other ship of that class) will be around for a while, but there's only a limited time left for MJ.

Thanks! That is exactly how I feel.

I'm hoping Anthem stays around in NJ year-round and if she does, I'll probably end up sailing her in the future, maybe even summer 2016!

That's a toughie. I think people like Majesty because it doesn't and can't provide what Anthem can. And Vice Versa.

But I don't think I'd pay a significant premium for the pleasure, just like I won't fly from FL to NJ to cruise to the Bahamas on Anthem.

If you have to fly price out tacking on a 4 day or something. Flying for a 3 day cruise is too much hassle.

I guess help me understand what the majesty can provide that anthem cannot?

On both:

You will be at sea

You will have a cabin

You'll go to main restaurants and buffets

You'll go to ports

Now that's about it for majesty, however on Anthem everything u get is just bonus that u don't have to do and at the end it's still just a ship.