P&O Cruiselings Ads

Only the Company knows what their bottom line is - and only they know what their statistics are . If either of these things are not looking real good - and especially the trend line- then the Company will start thinking up things that they can do/say to change the situation. Some things that they will think up/try will be stupid - some will work.

P&O AUS are definitely on the downward slope - but they have been in Australia for a long time (unlike the new Carperbaggers) - and I give them credit for their efforts. We can only see what their efforts bring.

As for those who say that they won't go on P&O again -- well, that is what you have already decided and P&O Aus know that only too well. They are looking for a new crowd!

Barry

Anyone else notice during this appalling ad for Bogans R us that when the adult male was pigging backing the other adult male, the higher one was above the height of the railings on the deck? If two drunk men were doing this on the top deck of Rhapsody (the only ship I have been on), it would be damn easy for the higher one to fall overboard.

Anyone else notice during this appalling ad for Bogans R us that when the adult male was pigging backing the other adult male, the higher one was above the height of the railings on the deck? If two drunk men were doing this on the top deck of Rhapsody (the only ship I have been on), it would be damn easy for the higher one to fall overboard.

Correct, this is how accidents can and will happen.:(

Far from it. They're actually growing well..

Yes - my bad use of an incorrect expression - let me see if I can rephrase

"Sailing into headwinds"??? :) Those headwinds are typified by some of the perceptions we often see here.

barry

Yes, it's well known and respected in the industry and has good consumer recall.

But in advertising circles, there's not a lot of cred/respect for re-hashing old campaigns.

A new smart version of that campaign would work, anyone old enough will have fond memories, anyone who isn't will think it is fresh. Face it, almost anything will be better than the 'cruiselings' ad.

A new smart version of that campaign would work, anyone old enough will have fond memories, anyone who isn't will think it is fresh. Face it, almost anything will be better than the 'cruiselings' ad.

Hehe... you should read all the positive marketing comments beneath the OP on the mumbrella site!

:confused: about the site and also positive remarks.:confused:

mumbrella is a media and marketing analysis site. So, lots of "creatives" on there.

Having had to work with our marketing branch, they are very good at giving each other awards, but do not always have an appreciation of what it is they are trying to get across.

mumbrella is a media and marketing analysis site. So, lots of "creatives" on there.

Having had to work with our marketing branch, they are very good at giving each other awards, but do not always have an appreciation of what it is they are trying to get across.

So positive opinions on the making, creativity, filming, etc of the ad but not necessarily the effectiveness of getting customers to buy the product.

I dont like the new ads, I think the ads are bizarre and very peculiar, I'm frothing at the mouth with anticipation to go on my next cruise, but the new ad gives me no desire to book or buy their product, what ever the message is that the writer of the ad is trying to convey went over my head. :confused:

Edited by 6666oz

These ads are now playing in NZ and the advertising campaign is also being painted on to the back of buses.

I am completely confused :confused:

I have no idea who they are trying to target with this campaign, but I know a lot of people, myself included, who will find it off-putting.

On a side note, I saw the new Royal Caribbean tv ad last night, lovely close up of one of the RCI ships - with the comment "now sailing in Australia". The ship featured is Navigator of the Seas which doesn't sail here!.
I would assume they used stock footage, plus Navigator has already had the upgrades that Voyager was getting (Flowrider in particular), so it kinda makes sense that they'd use footage of that ship. :)

On a side note, I saw the new Royal Caribbean tv ad last night, lovely close up of one of the RCI ships - with the comment "now sailing in Australia". The ship featured is Navigator of the Seas which doesn't sail here!.

Haha... but they're not expecting the public to know that.

I've seen some cruise ads in the paper that don't even say what ship (just the line), or what date it's going. I think they're after a target market that doesn't care about such things, but just very basic info.

I can see why they would target that group, but I fail to see how the ads target that demographic.

If anyone does know the demographic that is targeted , could you plese let us all know , then we can avoid them and the ship they choose to cruise on.:D:D