MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away Nov 23, 2014

aliaschief

yep, all of the volume controls (my PC and the cameras) are unmuted (is that a word??) and on max volume. I can't figure out what else I can control--any other thoughts? It must be something simple but obscure. I get sound for everything else i do.

thx

must be the webcam - look at the top of the pic and you will see the sound symbol. click it to make sure it is not muted and turn it to max volume.

Almost always when I open a webcam it comes up muted (even though it was on the last time I watched). No idea why and it isn't 100% of the time.:confused:

yes, I tried this. I even muted then unmuted just to see if there's a difference. I'm pretty good with computers but this has me stumped...:confused:

yes, I tried this. I even muted then unmuted just to see if there's a difference. I'm pretty good with computers but this has me stumped...:confused:

Do you have sound on other sites?

Try refreshing the site or even closing it and then reopening. I sometimes lose the sound for no apparent reason and this works.

the only other thing I can think of is to reboot or shut down the website and re-open it. Sometimes I have had to do that. Not sure why either.

Other than that, I'm at a loss. We need someone smarter than I then - it has to be something:confused:

Edited by kazu

Hi All

I have recently gotten into watching the sailaways--great fun. We go on the NA next march. Anyway, I have been reading the threads during sailaways and many of you say you can hear the horns/conversations. I have tried every audio setting I can find--on my PC, for each PTZ, etc,--but I don't have any sound. What am I doing wrong?

And how do you schedule a wave???

Thanks

ML

Are you using an Apple product? Audio is not supported on I Pad. Have you moved your mouse around the upper left link of picture? Audio settings are there.

Below the picture on the condo cam is a list of links one is to "Request a wave.

Excuse I did a late response to your question.

Edited by aliaschief

yep, all of the volume controls (my PC and the cameras) are unmuted (is that a word??) and on max volume. I can't figure out what else I can control--any other thoughts? It must be something simple but obscure. I get sound for everything else i do.

thx

If you "mouse over" the black area of the flash player screen showing the camera view just to the right of the "Viewers: XXX" count and to the left of the name of the camera (might say something like "Fort Lauderdale Webcam"), you should see a volume control appear. Make sure it is turned up all the way. Also, at the bottom of the flash player screen area, you might see the same control. Either will show you the volume control of Flash Player. Right clicking in the video will also give you a drop-down menu that has a "Settings" title that you can play with too. Try messing around with that if the others fail.

Good luck, it is worth hearing the ships and the radio chatter.

Edited by 0bnxshs

PTZ does not support audio on IOS devices so, if you are using Apple iPad or iPhone, there is no audio.

Are you using an Apple product? Audio is not supported on I Pad. Have you moved your mouse around the upper left link of picture? Audio settings are there.

Below the picture on the condo cam is a list of links one is to "Request a wave.

Excuse I did a late response to your question.

Ah ha!! The additonal volume controls were blocked by an adobe flash window--once I closed it and maxed volume, I can hear!!! Yay--thanks.

Oh--not apple (I hate apple:D)! And thanks for the wave info--kazu helped too.

I feel so much like one of you now!!:):)

Yesterday someone was having difficulty finding the port schedule. The link is only available on the port everglades cam.

The links below the two separate cams is not identical.

Chief, I thought that too and posted such but after looking back, it is also on the FLL cam just in a slightly different place.

Hi Everyone.

It's been 8 or 9 months since I've enjoyed the sail away banter on this forum! But booked Eurodam for Dec 28 and the excitement reminded me to start enjoying the sailaways! It's even more fun when you can picture yourself there!

Rob