Classic to Premium

amscene1

If I purchased a classic beverage package online, can I upgrade to a premium beverage package on board the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes for $10 plus 15% gratuity ($1.50) = $11.50 per person per day. You can upgrade up until 3 days prior to cruise end, so if you want you can go the first couple days on classic and pay for the upgrade only for the few remaining days of the cruise.

Any bar can do this for you, they will charge your sea pass card and affix a sticker to your card.

See you on board :-)

Edited by cle-guy

Is there a way to upgrade the drinks package before you go so the upgraded package can just be printed on your sea pass rather than having one of those horrible little stickers?

It appears to me to be one thing that -X- do that other lines should seriously look at.

I'm on Anthem of the Seas in September and my TA has assured me I can do it on there too. I hope he's right!

Is there a way to upgrade the drinks package before you go so the upgraded package can just be printed on your sea pass rather than having one of those horrible little stickers?

I'm on Anthem of the Seas in September and my TA has assured me I can do it on there too. I hope he's right!

Being part of the same company I expect what you have been told is correct, never tried it so can't say for certain.

If I purchased a classic beverage package online, can I upgrade to a premium beverage package on board the ship?

Yes, you may. I upgraded my drink package after boarding Reflection.

(Sailed her back on 11/8).

I don't think those little stickers are horrible but that is just my opinion.

It just annoys me that there's a space on the card for any packages you have, so I don't like the fact that sometimes they use stickers. Makes the SeaPass look sloppy/messy IMO.

As things go, it's a pretty minor problem (if it can even be described as a problem!) :)

Yes, you can upgrade with Celebrity before boarding. I called reservations and was transferred to another department - guest services from memory - and they processed the upgrade and I paid the difference by credit card over the phone.

I too don't like the sticker look ;)

No personal experience with packages on Royal so can't help you there. We are booked on Anthem in Nov 15 so i'll have to check out their packages next year after our Solstice cruise in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Ando

If you can't upgrade in advance, which you should be able to do, you can always go to the front desk and get a new key card with the new package printed on it.

Since there is no difference in price, remember that if you upgrade in advance, you pay for that upgrade in advance. If you wait until you are on board, it is charged to your on board account and is a good use, perhaps, of your On Board Credit.

It just annoys me that there's a space on the card for any packages you have, so I don't like the fact that sometimes they use stickers. Makes the SeaPass look sloppy/messy IMO.

As things go, it's a pretty minor problem (if it can even be described as a problem!) :)

Different strokes;).....makes not 1 iota difference to me if there is a

sticker on my card. I guess we have different things that annoy us.

This is not something I even think about:D

Yes for $10 plus 15% gratuity ($1.50) = $11.50 per person per day. You can upgrade up until 3 days prior to cruise end, so if you want you can go the first couple days on classic and pay for the upgrade only for the few remaining days of the cruise.

Any bar can do this for you, they will charge your sea pass card and affix a sticker to your card.

See you on board :-)

As CLE-GUY has said, you can do it either way... Onboard they put a Sticker on your SeaPass. If you book it in advance, then a code is printed on your card.

Just to clarify one point tho... Although it is said to be a Daily Rate for the Bevvy Pkgs they are actually charged x the number of Nights you have remaining on your cruise (thereby being valid on D-Day as well).

And note if you should not upgrade until you are onboard... Nothing is retroactive. Whatever has been charged to your SeaPass Account will remain there.

See the bit above...

If you upgrade via the phone, you will be charged immediately via your Credit Card.

Not sure how or even IF you can do the Upgrade a Celebrity Service on an RCCL Ship... (doubt it)

Although RCCL is "the parent"... Celebrity is very much an independent that lives on their own.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB