Privacy Curtain

SteakMama

Hey there, I just wanted to get your advice and ideas to make a privacy curtain. We will be in an SY cabin with my grandma sleeping on the single bed in the living room. Is there any ways you've figured out to put a curtain across the bed to separate the living room? Thanks in advance!

In the Signature Suite cabins the sofa is at the foot of the bed and slightly to the side on the opposite wall. There is no way to draw a curtain. There is no curtain to draw nor any way to fashion one.

There is no living room---just one good sized cabin.

Edited by sapper1

This was on Pinterest and used command hooks and wire...I can't remember if the walls/ceiling are metal..I think they are. If so what about some U shaped magnets? I am sure you could come up with something if it is important to you. Good luck. Snap some photos to share if you come up with a good solution. d52b3f4643299287fc78d748ccb480d3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi SteakMama!

You could try using a sheer drape or light-weight sheet and attach it to the ceiling using "rare-earth magnets". We always bring a manila folder to attach to the ceiling to redirect the airconditioning from blowing on our heads in rooms that have the bed against the adjoining cabin wall vs the window. These are extremely powerful magnets and very tiny (aspirin size) and are available at Lee Valley Tools. You may have to take the curtain down every morning so that it doesn't interfere with your room stewards doing their thing. Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
It's definitely possible to add a curtain using magnets. See this thread: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924566

Generally NOT TRUE on HAL ships. This requires that the walls be metal to be able to hold magnets, and most HAL walls are not. It appears the strategy would work on the Prinsendam, but on other HAL ships the magnets will simply fall to the floor.

Roy

I have tried to use magnets on 14 of 15 HAL ships in the fleet and never been able to find any that hold. I've only tried small, light weight ones but magnets have not worked for me on HAL ships.

Same experience for me - and also for strong magnets.

One option may be to bring those hooks with the removable adhesive made by 3M. You could loop a cord into each one and viola, a privacy curtain. We use these in the shower for our bath sponges, then remove them on the last day without any hassle. Ask your room steward about the curtain as you may not need to take it down each day, maybe just throw it over the top so as to not interfere with the vacuum.

Edited by take us away