6 cruises and only used the lift once!

Tangoqueen

On boarding our very first cruise we didn't know what to expect and as soon as we were welcomed on board we were shown to the lift to take us to the relevant floor for our stateroom. That was the first and last time we have used the lift and have now spent approx 80 days at sea and have only ever used the stairs. Do you make any little rules whilst on board?

I live in a 3 storey house and I`m up and down the stairs all day

I have been on 5 cruises and always try not to use the lifts if possible as I have spent 5 years in a 3 storey house, its second nature now to be climbing stairs all day at home or on a ship, even at work !!

I think I've used the lifts, maybe twice on all my cruises. I used them once on QE2 on a very rough cruise, and who was in the cab with me, staff captain Nick Bates! Within that short ride we made arrangements for drinks that night. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On boarding our very first cruise we didn't know what to expect and as soon as we were welcomed on board we were shown to the lift to take us to the relevant floor for our stateroom. That was the first and last time we have used the lift and have now spent approx 80 days at sea and have only ever used the stairs. Do you make any little rules whilst on board?

Beat you ! On our 2007 Aurora World Cruise I never used the lifts at all ! About 100 days ..... You just get used to it.