New Oasis GS

Quantum has GS and Superior GS and only the latter have the wrap-around balconies. I didn't like the partition between the sleeping and living area - I thought it chopped the room up too much, but everybody has different tastes.;)

We switched back to a standard GS from 11330 in 2016. Might even downgrade to a hump JS if we catch a good price - right now it would cost more than we paid for the GS. The JS have better balconies than the GS, IMO.

So you pay more for the new GS that is cut up into 2 rooms? If that's so, regular GS sounds like a better deal.

So you pay more for the new GS that is cut up into 2 rooms? If that's so, regular GS sounds like a better deal.

When I booked this new GS I had my choice of a half dozen or more GS's, all at the same price as the new aft one that I got. That's the only reason I grabbed it, besides I wanted something new and different.

When I booked this new GS I had my choice of a half dozen or more GS's, all at the same price as the new aft one that I got. That's the only reason I grabbed it, besides I wanted something new and different.
Thanks -- will watch pricing. I love things in the regular GS that would not be in the new OA GSs such as a very wide balcony, double sinks and probably bigger stateroom. Edited by SherriZ366

I am in GS 11730 on 01/31/2015. The Super Bowl cruise. Looking forward to this Grand Suite / Aqua Suite. Does anyone have pictures of this suite or 11330? Thanks!

There have been few photos posted and none of 11730. If none are posted before your sail date, I think we would all appreciate if you could post some when you return. Have a great time!!!

Not on Oasis. On Quantum the interiors of all GS are the same (cut up) and the Superior GS have an extra-large balcony. They also have 2 sinks in the bathroom, unlike the new OA GS.

I would LOVE to see pictures. I will be in 12730 in April. I am so excited and the only pictures I have seen are 11330 and I know it is little bigger (45 square feet, which would be 9' x 5' or 18' x 2.5') so I am wondering where they made the changes. If you would like to send me a link or some pictures, my email is razl1217@yahoo.com

Thanks so very much.

Ruthie

I posted a bunch in a thread I started. Check my profile

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ryanc78, a million thank you's! It looks perfect. SIL has decided not to go since she has another cruise booked 4 weeks later with her usual cruising buddies. Too many $$'s out the door in a short amount of time. So the bed problem is solved. As for me, I am going to love it. Appreciate you taking the time to let me know where to look.

I wouldn't book the aft GS on deck 14 again. It was just too small for a GS. I thought it was a great room but not up the Grand Suite standards. I would definitely book it if it was a JS. As a matter of fact, I would watch for it if it was a JS. The balcony off the livingroom was too small to do anything with except for stand up and look out at the Ocean. The balcony off the bedroom was also quite small. With the 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and table it was hard to get around everything. The table and chairs partially blocked the door when getting out. It definitely wasn't the relaxing suite I was thinking that I was getting. There was not a lot of closet space. My husband kept his clothes in the closet in the livingroom while I kept my clothes in the bedroom closet. When we were there, they only had a couch in the room with no additional chair. We had people come and visit us on one occasion and couldn't even offer them a seat.

I had a tour of the aft GS on deck 11 and thought it would be great once they got it furnished with GS deck furniture. We all seemed to have regular lounge chairs (not the padded ones) and mismatched chairs on our deck.

Lynn

Your review, pictures and video have been very helpful Topcruiser16! I think I am going to have to release this room. I had high hopes for it but my wife and I really use and enjoy our room when we cruise and this one just seems to be too tight. The thought of us having to sit on the couch when we are relaxing in the room rather than having chairs is just not going to work for us. I was really wanting to enjoy the views that this room has to offer. The view from the windows in the bedroom looks amazing but just wouldn't get to enjoy it that much with no seating there either. I think RCCL has done all they can do with these rooms because of the odd shape of the space. I agree that they should probably label them Aqua Suites rather than Grand Suites just because they look more like the Aqua Suites. Oh well...Oasis is a marvel and I so looking forward to cruising with her again in August!

Edited by theredwoodguy

Your review, pictures and video have been very helpful Topcruiser16! I think I am going to have to release this room. I had high hopes for it but my wife and I really use and enjoy our room when we cruise and this one just seems to be too tight. The thought of us having to sit on the couch when we are relaxing in the room rather than having chairs is just not going to work for us. I was really wanting to enjoy the views that this room has to offer. The view from the windows in the bedroom looks amazing but just wouldn't get to enjoy it that much with no seating there either. I think RCCL has done all they can do with these rooms because of the odd shape of the space. I agree that they should probably label them Aqua Suites rather than Grand Suites just because they look more like the Aqua Suites. Oh well...Oasis is a marvel and I so looking forward to cruising with her again in August!

They actually are Aqua Suites. They are priced as a GS but on the ship are classified as aqua suites.

Granted, we have a LONG time before we sail in February 2016; however, it would be nice to see pictures of 11330 if anyone has them :)

Enjoyed the pictures and video from the deck 14 GS but, as others have pointed out, the room and balcony are smaller.

Thanks in advance. :D

Granted, we have a LONG time before we sail in February 2016; however, it would be nice to see pictures of 11330 if anyone has them :)

Enjoyed the pictures and video from the deck 14 GS but, as others have pointed out, the room and balcony are smaller.

Thanks in advance. :D

ImageUploadedByForums1420556171.009760.jpg.759cd0d0625f7c89f5f7038bb43c58fe.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420555874.099582.jpg.4cf57ab68bed0bbcb6ef7b73fd188046.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420555931.385486.jpg.84b2d5e2da4a5629da42cfeb843efbbd.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420555957.852305.jpg.fc3221c5b438ec7a2533bf22fb173846.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420555978.940191.jpg.176d9d5a12b432679b71bb986daf2369.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420555992.989314.jpg.5b2a79bbe37cbc55bd681cd97662419e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420556007.156189.jpg.0d60c31c0582552f8d2f3c6f13d853c0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420556124.672935.jpg.8272ddda9f023ea5f0fc36f266d4f010.jpg

[ATTACH]335638[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335639[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335640[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335641[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335642[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335643[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335644[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335645[/ATTACH]

Thank you :)

Thought Aqua Suites were a higher category and bigger than GSs.

You are right. It seems RC knew well enough not to price them as the full size ATS. I would take a traditional GS over these new aft facing GS ATS.

Thought Aqua Suites were a higher category and bigger than GSs.

The ones that were originally built with the ship are! We lucked into an Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 9 in November, and both the cabin and the balcony were over 700 square feet. It was a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. Those original suites are all priced differently, with the price decreasing as you go up in decks and the suites get smaller.

Edited by Cindy

Now that I have seen the new aft GS, I think they need to make a new class labelled JR GS. To pay full price or more (?) for that suite seems unreal. Yes there should be all the full suite perks, but the price of the cabin IMO should be less than the normal GS.

The balcony appears tiny compared to a normal ATS, and the cabin doesn't seem to be anything close to a normal GS. On my last cabin crawl I was in both a normal GS and ATS and this new aft GS is nice, it just doesn't have the same "feel". The pictures are really good, the cabin seems built nicely, but it doesn't have the same design aesthetics. Just hanging the TV in the bedroom would help to give the room a more finished look, instead of just dropped there as an after thought. I guess when it is built 5 years later there will differences.

The RS looks really nice. I was on Oasis while they were close to finishing 1701. The balcony looks to tight/narrow to fit the loungers compared to all the other balconies on deck 17. The TV on the one wall looks out of scale as the wall is so large. It almost needs to framed out, to give it a definitive look. I am surprised that there is no carpet in the cabin from the pictures. Unless the walls have some sound absorbing properties with the high vaulted sealng there is a good chance of sound reflection and echoing. It too havng been built 5 years later, you can see the differences in design.

Having stayed in the old RS on Allure and now seeing the new pictures from Oasis I would say the RS has changed into the next generation. Dare I say, "Quantumized". That all being said if I had a chance to experience these new cabins I would love to give them a try. :p

Lynn thanks for the photos and Lotus Girl thanks for posting them.

Andrew

Edit: the washrooms in both cabins look amazing.

Quantumized! Perfect.... The newer ships seem to re-sized. Same thing going on with the new Princess ship.

Not really!

The rooms get smaller each time you go up a deck. They are rooms above the ATS.

Take a look at this image and what it says. This is the room plaque from 12330, clearly it says "Aqua Suite". We were in 11330 on 11/29 and I can tell you for sure these are not GS. They are shown online as a GS for pricing purposes only. They are in fact Aqua Suites.

Take a look at this image and what it says. This is the room plaque from 12330, clearly it says "Aqua Suite". We were in 11330 on 11/29 and I can tell you for sure these are not GS. They are shown online as a GS for pricing purposes only. They are in fact Aqua Suites.

If you think these cabins are anything like a traditional GS you are only fooling yourself.

Sorry forgot the image. ImageUploadedByForums1420640562.387923.jpg.54adab89019ce8ab565338794ffeee98.jpg

Edited by CaribSailor

Originally Posted by CaribSailor viewpost.gif

They actually are Aqua Suites. They are priced as a GS but on the ship are classified as aqua suites.

Not really!

The rooms get smaller each time you go up a deck. They are rooms above the ATS.

Yes, that follows the design of the ATS's, as those get smaller as well as you go up. Sam, I think CaribSailor's point is that the cabin doors and cabin number plates on the new GS are actually labeled as Aqua Theater Suites on the ship. His pictures verify that. My guess is that Royal will either relabel the cabin plates or reclassify how they market these new cabins.

Edit: Looks like I was typing while CaribSailor was responding.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

You are right. It seems RC knew well enough not to price them as the full size ATS. I would take a traditional GS over these new aft facing GS ATS.

We have 11330 for an upcoming cruise and, after looking at all the pics, would prefer a traditional GS. Problem is none are available for our cruise. :(

I posted earlier that a friend and I have a GS midship booked Jan. 17, 2015 and 14730 booked for Jan.24. All the traditional GS have been booked, so we were locked into the aft suite with beds that do not separate and a bunch of other features we would not prefer. I have been checking every so often with little hope of being able to change suites. Until this afternoon! The GS suite next door to our first booking opened up! Called TA and was able to change rooms. We are doing the Happy Dance tonight! I had offered to post photos and won't be able to now. Good luck to all who choose these Aqua/GSs. I hope they prove to be better than we expect. They do have some redeeming features that probably would suit many cruisers, esp. those who do not need separate beds.:)