My "suite" & not-so-sweet review of Crown Princess w/ pics

Dreamer333

I'm wondering whether pagers have been discontinued fleetwide? I'm hoping they are still used on the Island Princess since we will be on her in a few days.

They may have been discontinued fleet wide. Have been on the Crown (before Noro) & the Golden in the last 2 months & neither used pagers.

We've been in C751 on the Grand and loved it. It's impossible to not love it! Enjoy!

Ironically, we found the food surprisingly good in the MDR - and despite what we had heard about the long waits between courses experienced by others on this board, we found the service there much more efficient and respectful than in the CG. And the lobster in the CG was the same as that offered in the MDR on Thanksgiving night.

Sure miss the escargot and crab legs in the MDR, too..... now, if these were offered in the CG, we might give it another try on our next cruise.

We did a 10 day sailing on Star Princess last month. The lobster in MDR was TINY. The waiter insisted on bringing me a second one because he seemed embarrassed by the dinky little portion of lobster. He commented that the shrimp were almost the same size. (This was a slight exaggeration but not by much...)

The escargot was very disappointing. We have had some wonderful escargot on Princess in the past but what we were served this time had almost zero flavor. This was something I had looked forward to quite a bit and it was sad to be served such a bland dish.

If you are kid sensitive, near/during/post holiday sailings are to be AVOIDED at all costs.

They can't always be avoided if you are a teacher, live in a cold climate, love to cruise rather than take a land vacation and want to get away with other family members or just want to be alone.

Fair review, likes & dislikes presented.

The pics with the kids are AWESOME! :D

If you are kid sensitive, near/during/post holiday sailings are to be AVOIDED at all costs.

When you're travelling during Christmas you have to expect a lot of children. I just wish the parents would keep them in control and respect the other passengers. That hot tub picture clearly doesn't reflect that :(

I'm wondering whether pagers have been discontinued fleetwide? I'm hoping they are still used on the Island Princess since we will be on her in a few days.

They may have been discontinued fleet wide. Have been on the Crown (before Noro) & the Golden in the last 2 months & neither used pagers.

On Star Princess in November we were issued a pager. They have not been discontinued. I'm pretty sure they were disallowed on your cruise due to the risk of Noro.

I was on the delayed Mex Riviera cruise just after the ship returned from the S. Pacific. It was my 13th Princess cruise and 1st as Elite, and wow, what a disappointment. Had it been my first cruise and not known what a Princess cruise was really like, the chances I'd return would be slim. Clearly, noro and other technical glitches really knocked the wind out of their sails (pun intended). At least I'm hoping that was the problem and not more cost cutting.

Luckily, there were several friends along for the trip, and we had a ton of fun regardless of the lack of service (ex. International Cafe running out of food and not replenishing it later in the evening, phones not being answered for room service and restaurant reservations, MUTS screen needing to be replaced, sound system in Skywalkers not working, and bar servers were scarce and stretched thin to support demand).

I'll be back, but it'll be a while….maybe. :confused: