Know your port by name--bad experience

DOC1

Went to Cozumel on the Elation over Thanksgiving and took a private cab to Mr. Sancho's. On the way back our group of 16 took 2 different cab vans. We told the driver we needed to go to the Carnival Elation. He tried dropping us off at one port that I recognized as the wrong port. Then he dropped us off behind a shopping mall that I thought was the correct port, but wasn't. Thinking the next port was nearby we decided to walk. Forty five minutes later we made it to the ship, 10 minutes prior to sail time, not boarding time. Lesson learned. Know your port by name, since their are several in Cozumel.

Yes, I am sure this has happened to others as well so good to warn people. I was just in Cozumel and there were 2 ships docked at each port. We were at Langosta. I decided to quiz my sister to see if she would know which dock to go back to. Of course, she had paid no attention and had no idea :p

Silly Question- Is there a sign with the name at each pier?:confused:

So glad you pointed this out! Our first cruise is in a few weeks.

THANK YOU!!!!

If not, it will be noted on your daily newspaper, and you could ask anybody on the ship as you are getting off - there are usually security and other officers hanging around the pier.

Or just Google "what pier does XXXX (name of ship) use in Cozumel"

COWCRAZY65

Your daily newsletter should tell you which pier you'll be docking at. There will also be plenty of people to ask when you dissembark.

What ship and what date and I can tell you where you'll be (although, rarely that may change on the day you arrive - vary rarely).

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

We had the Cozumel Bar Hop try to drop us off at the International Pier when we were actually docked at Punta Longosta a few weeks ago. Luckily I recognized the wrong pier from when we were docked there a couple of years ago. It was a genuine mistake, but does show the importance of knowing where you are docked.

• 4 weeks later...