Princess.com down?

Dudleydog73

Called Princess and they are having a lot of IT issues with passwords. They have to reset the password by sending you an email. The person I spoke to said, most emphatically, not to register, but to call Princess.

Just got off the phone with Princess and they told me the same thing. I guess some people are re-registering and getting a new Captain's Circle number.

BTW, I also lost access after entering the contest. DH didn't enter and he can still get it. If you need to access your booking, you can still log in using the booking number, but it won't access the "my Princess" page.

Just got off the phone with Princess. Had to reset passwords for both myself and husband's accounts. You get a new password emailed to you.. Then I had to figure out how to change those passwords after I got in. Did that , got in, but the site is still having problems in general.

I even changed one of our email addresses because it was too confusing using

different ones for each of us. Funny, I had done that months ago but somewhere along the way, it reverted back to old email addresses.

I called and the Princess/Captain's Circle rep said they'd lost the passwords. She set up a temporary password for me. I then logged in and changed it.

I suspect if you want to avoid all that, going through the "Forgot my password" link would allow you to fix things without a phone call. You'd still get a temporary password mailed to you which you'd then have to change.

I suspect if you want to avoid all that, going through the "Forgot my password" link would allow you to fix things without a phone call. You'd still get a temporary password mailed to you which you'd then have to change.

I had tried doing it myself first, but it said that my email didn't exist. I guess the "glitch" is affecting everyone differently.

Called Princess and they are having a lot of IT issues with passwords. They have to reset the password by sending you an email. The person I spoke to said, most emphatically, not to register, but to call Princess.

I reregistered and all is fine. Did they mention what the ramifications were for people doing that versus calling in?

I reregistered and all is fine. Did they mention what the ramifications were for people doing that versus calling in?

I guess different people get different answers! I called and they said it was just system overload. I still can't log in! I tried to generate the email and reset my password but that didn't appear to work! I'm frustrated!

Some people are getting new Captain's Circle numbers. I least that's what the Princess rep told me.

Interesting. It got me back in just fine with all information accurate, so I guess I lucked out and it "found" my profile to link to when I reregistered.

Just got off the phone with Princess and they told me the same thing. I guess some people are re-registering and getting a new Captain's Circle number.

BTW, I also lost access after entering the contest. DH didn't enter and he can still get it. If you need to access your booking, you can still log in using the booking number, but it won't access the "my Princess" page.

No you keep the same captains circle number.

The reason why re-registering works for this problem is simple. The contest wiped out the e-mail and password data so the system cannot find you when you go to log in. The rest of the data is intact. When you register the Princess system will look at all of the data (name, address, birth date, etc) and compare that with all entries in the system. If they find a match they will link to that record using the e-mail and password supplied during registration. If it matches the e-mail then it will say that you are already registered. Since the contest impacted the original e-mail record it doesn't find that and keep you from re-registering, but it does find a match to the rest of the data.

You might have a problem re-registering if you enter data, that is different from what Princess has, in that case it might create a new record. If the key data matches then no problem.

Fairly standard data base design, that is why I tried it when I could not get in and Princess could not do anything about it last night.

The reps for Princess are telling folks just what their IT folks are telling them to say. Again standard process. They have access to be able to go in and make the entry directly to the database, since I didn't I had to use a back door. They are correct in that there is less potential for a problem if you have them make the change directly into the system.

Now the interesting thought is that the method I used might also enable someone to take over someone elses account if they knew all of the key information (name, address, birthdate, etc.), just by re-registering with a different e-mail address. Have not tested that, but Princess should block that or at a minimum send an e-mail to the old e-mail address whenever it is changed on an account.

Spent a number of years heading up corporate and government IT organizations prior to retiring a couple of years ago.

Edited by RDC1

I called and the Princess/Captain's Circle rep said they'd lost the passwords. She set up a temporary password for me. I then logged in and changed it.

They must have made a change there. That function would not work last night to correct the problem. Could not find the e-mail to link to. I tried 3 or 4 times using different approaches none worked then.

It could be that the contest code did not wipe out the original e-mail, but might have corrupted it in some consistent manner (like appending additional characters) where they could run a script to correct the problem.

No you keep the same captains circle number.

You might have a problem re-registering if you enter data, that is different from what Princess has, in that case it might create a new record. If the key data matches then no problem.

So maybe some folks re-registered using different information and that's why they got a new circle number? It was probably the people that aren't on CC.;)

...you keep the same captains circle number...

I did, anyway. I entered the same user ID, password and demographic info as before, and the "new" account kept my Captain's Circle # as well as a cruise credit I had (my biggest concern) intact.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I could log in but could not enter the contest. I received an error message each time I tried.

I entered the contest and now can't login using my email and password' date=' but I could get into my account by going to "My Booking", cruise personalizer and entering my booking number. Don't know if it will fix itself, if not I will call Princess tomorrow.:confused:[/font']

"Unfortunately the web site is down, but it should be up and running shortly," says the phone rep. I wonder what "shortly" is. She would not even try to get into the Personalizer for me. She just told me to try later. :mad: I guess if I call again, a different rep will tell me something else. I was going to print the tags and boarding pass today.

...I was going to print the tags and boarding pass today.

I wonder if a more helpful phone rep (or supervisor) would have the ability to email your tags and boarding pass directly to a personal email account so you could print them out now?

Edited by Ryndam2002

As seems to be the case - DH didn't enter contest and his account is fine. In fact I printed off his boasting pass today. I entered the contest and my login wouldn't work. However - after doing as many have suggested and "re-registering" it pulled up my account and you can bet I checked my OBC first thing! I'm hoping Princess is able to fix this quickly for those that are still having trouble:(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Unfortunately the web site is down, but it should be up and running shortly," says the phone rep. I wonder what "shortly" is. She would not even try to get into the Personalizer for me. She just told me to try later. :mad: I guess if I call again, a different rep will tell me something else. I was going to print the tags and boarding pass today.

shredie, you could go the route many of us have done and go through the motions of re-registering using the same information you used previously and once you click submit it let me right in with everything like nothing ever happened. You certainly do NOT need to wait for anyone to help you if there are things that you need to do today in your personalizer.