Princess.com down?

Dudleydog73

Just got off the phone with Princess. Had to reset passwords for both myself and husband's accounts. You get a new password emailed to you.. Then I had to figure out how to change those passwords after I got in. Did that , got in, but the site is still having problems in general.

I even changed one of our email addresses because it was too confusing using

different ones for each of us. Funny, I had done that months ago but somewhere along the way, it reverted back to old email addresses.

Spent 15 minutes on the phone with Princess and she re-set my password and then I went in and changed it. What a pain!

I called and was told they'll email me a new password. He said to check my email in about 5 minutes. Well, I'm back home 6 hours later and still no new password. I gather the rep I spoke to was new to this since he didn't seem to know that so many people had this problem. Very strange.

They must have made a change there. That function would not work last night to correct the problem. Could not find the e-mail to link to. I tried 3 or 4 times using different approaches none worked then.

It could be that the contest code did not wipe out the original e-mail, but might have corrupted it in some consistent manner (like appending additional characters) where they could run a script to correct the problem.

My spouse and I use the same e-mail address.

So when I say send me the password, I do not know how it would know which person's password to send.

In any event, it tell me it cannot find my e-mail address, but my spouse can sign in using that same e-mail address and her password.

"Unfortunately the web site is down, but it should be up and running shortly," says the phone rep. I wonder what "shortly" is. She would not even try to get into the Personalizer for me. She just told me to try later. :mad: I guess if I call again, a different rep will tell me something else. I was going to print the tags and boarding pass today.

Go to Princess website, click on "Booked guests", click on "My Booking", then fill out "Access booking without signing in" using the booking number and voila your in and can print whatever you need.;)

For those of you having problems logging in, did you enter the new contest to win a free cruise? If so, that's what the problem is. There must be some bad coding that screws up the log-in data base if you enter the contest.

It seems like anytime princess has a contest, something like

this goes wrong.

Maybe it's time for some new blood in the IT department...

I called and was told they'll email me a new password. He said to check my email in about 5 minutes. Well, I'm back home 6 hours later and still no new password. I gather the rep I spoke to was new to this since he didn't seem to know that so many people had this problem. Very strange.

Called yesterday and didn't receive the new password email until this morning:confused:. Did call back later and spoke to a Captain's Circle rep who reset my password but during the process told me my address that came up was not valid:rolleyes:...told her it was valid as I was there right now:p...she had to override the address!

Spent much time on "Ignore" with Princess but finally got through to a rep who contacted the CC department for a password reset. The rep said the CC dept would send an email to my email address with a new password. Well I did get that email along with instructions on how to log on with the new password and then how to change it to a pw of my choice.

Typical of their crack IT system, the new pw did NOT work so I had to call back again. This time I was able to speak directly with a CC rep and she gave me some sort of a generic "backdoor" pw to use and then instructed me to wait at least a few days before attempting to reset my own pw so the IT folks could have more time to get the system fully recovered.

For those of you that are not able to access myprincess.

I just went and selected not registered when it asks for your log in information. Re-entered all of my information (name, address, phone, birth date, etc, including the original e-mail and password).

It then let me log in and linked correctly to my old account.

This is post #15 in this thread, just re-posting it for anyone who may have missed it or is waiting for a call back or a new password. You can bypass all of that and fix it yourself.;)

I was going to print the tags and boarding pass today.

If you have not yet completed the personalized, you can call princess,

and they will enter the info for you.

Once the personalizer is complete, you can print boarding passes

and luggage tags without logging in:

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/login.page?company=PC

This is post #15 in this thread, just re-posting it for anyone who may have missed it or is waiting for a call back or a new password. You can bypass all of that and fix it yourself.;)

It's been over 24 hrs. and I still can't log in to the website. 'Re-registering' does not work for me. It won't give me a Canadian province in the address drop-down box for 'State/Province', and it tells me certain fields are "missing" when I have filled then in.

If I was Carnival Corp. stock holder I'd be upset - Princess must be hemorrhaging money because of this.

I want to book a cruise and I can't.

It's been over 24 hrs. and I still can't log in to the website. 'Re-registering' does not work for me. It won't give me a Canadian province in the address drop-down box for 'State/Province', and it tells me certain fields are "missing" when I have filled then in.

If I was Carnival Corp. stock holder I'd be upset - Princess must be hemorrhaging money because of this.

I want to book a cruise and I can't.

You are going to have to call then. It is not going to fix itself.

Bill B. I don't know how these things work, but living in China and using a Canadian address might be gumming up the works if your IP address does not reflect the one you are trying to (re)register. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I suspect your situation is pretty rare and will require special handling. Perhaps you can email Princess for a resolution. If not that, can a friend or relative in Canada call for you?

Yes, but I'm in China and 1-800 numbers don't work.

Its still not going to fix itself. So your options become very few. Other than an e-mail to Princess Captains Circle, the only other option is to pay for the call.

If you do try the e-mail you need to give them enough information that they can confirm that you are who you say you are.

Bill B. I don't know how these things work, but living in China and using a Canadian address might be gumming up the works if your IP address does not reflect the one you are trying to (re)register. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I suspect your situation is pretty rare and will require special handling. Perhaps you can email Princess for a resolution. If not that, can a friend or relative in Canada call for you?

It's not the IP address because I'm using a VPN to get around the Great Firewall.

I just had an idea - I'll switch to my laptop. It has U.S. Skype on it and I should be able to call.

I had trouble getting in last night. The page where I tried to sign in just kept churning away. I gave up on it and managed to get to the Cruise Personalizer another way--having to type in my info and booking number directly. We're three weeks away and still no cabin assignments. I hope Princess fixes the website soon because I'll be back at least once a day until we get assignments.

I've been trying to log in and access our Cruise Personalizer for several hours now, and have been unsuccessful. They've posted a message that states:

header_maintenance.gif We are currently upgrading our systems at Princess.com so that we may serve you better.

We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to visit us again after 11:00 PM PST, Saturday, Dec 6, 2014.

Hope it really is up and running tomorrow - trying to add flight info for our upcoming cruise.

Edited to add: Contest...? I like contests! :D Going to have to look into that...once the site is back up and running, of course ;)

Edited by kdkmilwaukee