Explorer Coke Machines?

We're on Explorer next Oct 2015, my wife normally as the Soda Package on Princess and she's planning on getting it's equivalent on RCI. Does this mean you can only get Diet Coke from these machines, or can you still get it from all the bars???

PS. Are these machine on Rhapsody as well??? We sail on her in June next year.

Many Thanks.

David

We're on Explorer next Oct 2015, my wife normally as the Soda Package on Princess and she's planning on getting it's equivalent on RCI. Does this mean you can only get Diet Coke from these machines, or can you still get it from all the bars???

PS. Are these machine on Rhapsody as well??? We sail on her in June next year.

Many Thanks.

David

Diet Coke is also available from any bar.

Rhapsody does not have the Freestyle machines.

Just got off the Explorer today. Yes, they have the "freestyle" Coke machines but they can only be used with the "beverage package" which costs approx $19 a day. The machines were in working order and they have several around the ship. Here's a big tip: you can only fill your cup every 20 minutes (there is a microchip in the cup) so to get soda more frequently take your cup to any bar for refills. You can bring your cup into the dining room and they will fill it for you at dinner.

Another tip for non soda drinkers: Bring your own Tervis cup (aka adult sippy cup) and then you can pour their free ice tea/lemonade/fruit juice/water and carry that around the ship.

Another tip for coffee drinkers: Bring your own travel coffee cup so you can take your cuppa joe with you around the ship. Also, if you are addicted to flavored creamer, bring your own.

Yes, and on our recent Explorer cruise they worked the entire 14 days! I've read here about some machines being broken/out of service, but these bad boys were always full and working great!

Enjoy Explorer. :)

Just got off the Explorer today. Yes, they have the "freestyle" Coke machines but they can only be used with the "beverage package" which costs approx $19 a day. The machines were in working order and they have several around the ship. Here's a big tip: you can only fill your cup every 20 minutes (there is a microchip in the cup) so to get soda more frequently take your cup to any bar for refills. You can bring your cup into the dining room and they will fill it for you at dinner.

Another tip for non soda drinkers: Bring your own Tervis cup (aka adult sippy cup) and then you can pour their free ice tea/lemonade/fruit juice/water and carry that around the ship.

Another tip for coffee drinkers: Bring your own travel coffee cup so you can take your cuppa joe with you around the ship. Also, if you are addicted to flavored creamer, bring your own.

I was on that Repo with Langley cruiser. Pretty amazing that they basically worked the whole time. I did catch one being serviced one aday though but it was running later that day.

@linrodhag: Unless something changed in the past 3 weeks, the basic adult soda package can be had for $6.50/ day. I noticed they don't generally list it on the sheets but I usually buy online before the cruise and it's listed as the Royal Refreshment Package. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options&tab=2

Your other advice is spot on. In fact I am gonna get myself a cheap travel mug for my coffee to take on the next cruise.:)

Also for those not familiar with the freestyle coke machines, you get many more choices of regular and diet soft drinks. Like Powerade, Minute maid light lemonade, Fanta, Mr pibb, diet ginger ale, and even Lemon/Lime seltzer plus all sorts of flavors to most of those in addition to coke and sprite. in fact I drank mostly Diet cherry gingerale and seltzer for 2 weeks.

Denise

Also BTW there are 4 machines in windjammer ( 2 on each side) and 2 in the Promenade on Explorer.

Edited by DKNYC

They can be used with the daily soda package at just over $6 per day :) and I don't know about all the ships but you can refill every 15 minutes on Oasis, not 20.

Edited by delirious9876

They can be used with the daily soda package at just over $6 per day :) and I don't know about all the ships but you can refill every 15 minutes on Oasis, not 20.

I found a little "trick" If you need a refill before the 15 minute window, just use the machine next to it! This worked on Oasis unless they changed it ;)

Craig