Carnival is a bunch of liars! Never got my Price Drop Form?!

SugarStar00

might as well listen to the OP, give them their two minutes of fame and false sympathies/empathetic reactions because we really don't care as the issue is not happening to ourselves or a close IRL friend and move on to the next thread.

I agree.

What proof do you have they are liars?

OP, hang in there and dont worry about having to provide proof of your opinion.

I went thought 1500 hoops (no proof for Lox) to get my Breeze cruise. I was on the phone and e-mailing constantly just to get my past cruises recognized so I could book past guest. Carnival freaking blows when it comes to communication at times.

Keep at it, I am sure something will come about. Worst case is, you sail for the price you booked for, which must have been acceptable at the time. Enjoy the cruise and if you are still bummed, keep it in mind next time you possibly book with them.

I will probably book with them again BUT I will always remember how much of a PITA it was last time and any tiny problem will have me looking at other lines like my last 2 cruises. Still I hold out hope my next attempt wont be met with communications problems and such as I get with them.

So while some folks here will grill you and offer absolutely NO help or support whatsoever, just know that some of us know where you are coming from and wish you well and have found resolutions to problems with Carnival in the past.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Don't give up....I realize a lot of people will defend Carnival with the line that you were okay when you booked it so why complain. We complain because of the inequity of the changing price structure. I am dealing with the same type of problem and I too won't give up. If you purchase something from a department store and don't use it, you can take it back, full refund. Since we haven't sailed yet we should return the same. All the convoluted rules prevent making things right. It should not be this difficult.

OP I wish you luck

Carnival is a bunch of liars.......you're beside yourself and almost in tears........over a price drop???? :eek: Wow, just WOW! :rolleyes:

Have you considered this is important to the original poster? It's nice to know that you don't care if they choose not to honor your contracted price protection if you book Early Saver, but this poster cares.

So you have no screenshot of this great deal and carnival has no record of any such price, but two people in your roll call also got this fabulous price, correct? Same category? Same number of occupants? Ask them if they have proof of that price, have them send it to you, et voilal, there's your proof. Other than that, carnival can just as easily call you a liar as you can call them.

So you have no screenshot of this great deal and carnival has no record of any such price, but two people in your roll call also got this fabulous price, correct? Same category? Same number of occupants? Ask them if they have proof of that price, have them send it to you, et voilal, there's your proof. Other than that, carnival can just as easily call you a liar as you can call them.

FFS, are you a lawyer?

FFS, are you a lawyer?

Doesn't matter. A screenshot is worthless. Anyone at Carnival who relies solely on a screenshot is putting their job on the line. With the ease of manipulation, it is not reliable and most CSRs at Carnival Cruise Lines received training not to accept them. They only add false hopes to those who aren't aware and never attempted to use one as proof.

Edited by Baymax

Solely I agree but they have helped many with their price drop cause in the past as posted on here. Being that Carnival is flat out denying the sale even existed, the OP is probably SOL period. Unfortunate that happened, but I don't get why so much flack from some posters. Maybe the thread title instantly hits a nerve.

The price is $479 for an oceanview on the march 22nd sailing of the liberty. Two other people on my roll call with oceanviews were able to get he price drop and they paid 379 plus got the 100 obc

This would definitely tick me off. Persistence seems to be the key to resolving these types of issues. Good luck!

Have you considered this is important to the original poster? It's nice to know that you don't care if they choose not to honor your contracted price protection if you book Early Saver, but this poster cares.

Of course it is obvious that it is important to the OP hence the "WOW" that someone could attach such importance to such an insignificant thing.

Edited by Out to sea!

Doesn't matter. A screenshot is worthless. Anyone at Carnival who relies solely on a screenshot is putting their job on the line. With the ease of manipulation, it is not reliable and most CSRs at Carnival Cruise Lines received training not to accept them. They only add false hopes to those who aren't aware and never attempted to use one as proof.

While a screenshot may be manipulated, so can some's word. I'd rather have a screenshot than nothing at all if I were trying to prove a point with a CSR.

Of course it is obvious that it is important to the OP hence the "WOW" that someone could attach such importance to such an insignificant thing.

I wouldn't call $270 insignificant (wouldn't move me to tears or cause me to disparage a company but I'd still be concerned if I lost out on it because of a glitch).

I wouldn't call $270 insignificant (wouldn't move me to tears or cause me to disparage a company but I'd still be concerned if I lost out on it because of a glitch).

I would be slightly irritated as well, but compared to what should bring a person to tears or cause them to disparage an entire company, IMO, it is insignificant. To me, a "dang, that sucked" is all that is worthy of what happened. It's not like the OP lost any real money, he/she just didn't get a better deal. If someone is not happy with the price they book a cruise for they shouldn't book it to begin with.

I would be slightly irritated as well, but compared to what should bring a person to tears or cause them to disparage an entire company, IMO, it is insignificant. To me, a "dang, that sucked" is all that is worthy of what happened. It's not like the OP lost any real money, he/she just didn't get a better deal. If someone is not happy with the price they book a cruise for they shouldn't book it to begin with.

I totally agree!

checked out some of your pics

izzat senior FOGs in Freeport?

and I have read the "incident report" on the early saver, bummer

I'd suggest not letting it ruin your fun though, and carnival has such a glut of space right now, it seems likely that you'll score some credit or change in the future.

also, you could just cancel and rebook another cruise unless you have already bought your air?

I have read several threads of people discussing early saver benefits and drawbacks and lots of the discussions center around exactly your issues. ie: screenshots, they used to take em all the time to now their policy is to generally refuse them ( though it never hurts to provide one ), persistence, the shotgun approach, email the form a couple three times following up with immediate calls ( since they also say from time to time they will only honor the form ) the pvp deal is a good one, have a regular pvp you deal with all the time.

now I had a big time prob with early saver that was brought on recently by some fine print or actually NO PRINT issues

that being, that I held a res for a cruise about a year and a half ago with an early saver booking but no payment was submitted - Later that day I talked to my pvp and booked the room using a different rate ( not early saver ) the flub was, that once booked initially with ES the res was always categorized as ES even though it was finalized with another rate.

the upshot is, a year later before final payment, my wife had had some recent surgery and we didn't think we'd feel like taking a 7 day cruise and though I had been assured many times by my pvp that there were no cancellation fees or any other restrictions when I went to cancel they were gonna charge us the entire deposit!!! after a load of bitching it was gonna be the change fee and credit for the rest of the deposit, then finally after some really nasty bellyaching and opening up threads here and on carnivals website and posting to their stockholders forum then more yelling and being hung up on by carnival, I finally got a person that understood what had happened and they took time to listen and understand that though the policy was set in stone there was a flaw in the policy and the fine print in our travel documentation did not cover this specific event. so we got a full refund!

to make a short story longer, my wife has done super well in her recovery and we just booked a shorter cruise the same week and will be cruising in about 9 days!!!! woo woo!

The website said "form submitted successfully"

Jen

Had the same thing happen to me on the same day - but I submitted mine at something like 6:30 a.m. Never heard back from Carnival. (first time ever) Mine was only a $20 price drop - but it still bothers me that they never got back with an approval or a denial. Didn't follow up on it, as the price went back up the next day, and for the first time ever I didn't make a print-out of the price shown on their website.

I am sorry for the OP and would be upset as well. If I had seen a price drop like that I would have picked up the phone and called. I call for most of my drops just to be sure I get them. Only takes about 5 minutes and you have an immediate answer.

They are liars in the sense they keep telling me they can't find any information on that sale, yet they can tell me the cost for an interior room that day was the price I'm quoting. Can you or can you not find the information on that sale? Also, all staterooms had an OBC of $100 which I do have a print out of, but somehow that's "not showing up" either. I guess you guys are right and I'm the idiot who trusted the system and thought following the directions would be enough. Shame on me!! And yes, losing $270 is just about enough to cry over! :cool:

Don't let it get to you!:)

Everywhere today, customer service is an ongoing problem!:eek:

Every cruise line has threads on poor customer service, and loyal cruisers defending their brand!:eek:

And its not cruising alone, its flight, land based vacations, dept. stores, online shopping, everywhere!:eek:

So go on your cruise, forget about it, and have a great time! Life is too short to worry!:D

checked out some of your pics

izzat senior FOGs in Freeport?

and I have read the "incident report" on the early saver, bummer

I'd suggest not letting it ruin your fun though, and carnival has such a glut of space right now, it seems likely that you'll score some credit or change in the future.

also, you could just cancel and rebook another cruise unless you have already bought your air?

I have read several threads of people discussing early saver benefits and drawbacks and lots of the discussions center around exactly your issues. ie: screenshots, they used to take em all the time to now their policy is to generally refuse them ( though it never hurts to provide one ), persistence, the shotgun approach, email the form a couple three times following up with immediate calls ( since they also say from time to time they will only honor the form ) the pvp deal is a good one, have a regular pvp you deal with all the time.

now I had a big time prob with early saver that was brought on recently by some fine print or actually NO PRINT issues

that being, that I held a res for a cruise about a year and a half ago with an early saver booking but no payment was submitted - Later that day I talked to my pvp and booked the room using a different rate ( not early saver ) the flub was, that once booked initially with ES the res was always categorized as ES even though it was finalized with another rate.

the upshot is, a year later before final payment, my wife had had some recent surgery and we didn't think we'd feel like taking a 7 day cruise and though I had been assured many times by my pvp that there were no cancellation fees or any other restrictions when I went to cancel they were gonna charge us the entire deposit!!! after a load of bitching it was gonna be the change fee and credit for the rest of the deposit, then finally after some really nasty bellyaching and opening up threads here and on carnivals website and posting to their stockholders forum then more yelling and being hung up on by carnival, I finally got a person that understood what had happened and they took time to listen and understand that though the policy was set in stone there was a flaw in the policy and the fine print in our travel documentation did not cover this specific event. so we got a full refund!

to make a short story longer, my wife has done super well in her recovery and we just booked a shorter cruise the same week and will be cruising in about 9 days!!!! woo woo!

Thanks for sharing your story...

I believe it was Junkanoo beach club in Freeport. As for the pvp I guess I should consider that, I really didn't understand its importance until now. Carnival seems to play a lot of games, its a shame. Sorry about your wife but glad she's on the mend! :)

Again with the attitude of let the company do what they want... I prefer not to deal with companies that either try to swindle or become deceitful towards something I'm eligible to receive. It doesn't matter if it was real money or not. The sale existed and they're saying there wasn't a sale. When booking Early Saver, you're contracting for "price protection," something that allows you to receive onboard credit when you price match your booking against the current terms of the NBK.

I wouldn't have the attitude of "dang, that sucked." I'd be sending off an email to Vicky Rey [OP in case you wish to follow what I would do, it is posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43266256] if these customer service representatives aren't providing what I contracted for. As a breach of contract, the OP should have technically been able to void it at will with no penalty and could have created a new booking for that sailing and thus received the lower rate. Alas, the rate is gone so that option is no longer there.

This situation isn't an "if someone is not happy with the price they book a cruise for they shouldn't book it to begin with." The OP booked Early Saver to take advantage of price drops. Isn't that why most Cruise Critic members who book Early Saver book this rate code and deal with the restrictions that come along? OP was eligible for the lower price. You can try spinning this whichever direction you always attempt to, but the bottom line is, OP is entitled to the price drop. OP, I recommend you contact Vicky Rey at this point. See above.

Edited by Baymax

The week they implemented "file on line only" was the one and only time my request was denied. I called in response to the denial and it was approved. Since then I only call. If they say I need to file on line, I tell them I don't have access to a computer and, no problem, everything is done by phone...

Insignificant according to you. Don't try to trivialize someone else's experiences and feelings. We all know you like to pretend like you work for Carnival and you try to brush off if someone posts they are upset because you are a bkindly loyal fanatic. My advice is for you to move along. You don't work for Carnival, it's not your money on the line, and you're not in a position to tell people not to feel how they do.