12/7 - 12/10 Yet Another WOW Sale Result

NightOne

Have a paid for cruise in mid-March so thought I would call today and see if they would increase my $100 OBC to the $250 OBC that is being advertised now. If not, no biggie.

Imagine my surprise when they told me that I have $0 OBC at the present even though the most recent .pdf confirmation they e-mailed back in September clearly has the $100 under Guest #1 in the OBC section.

In any event, the rep says they will give it to me if I re-price at today's price ($30pp more than what I had paid) and I agree and give them $60. I keep them on the phone until the confirmation e-mail comes and it shows:

Line 1: Guest #1 $100

Line 2: Guest #1 $100 Guest #2 $100

I tell them that isn't right as it is only $200 total and why does line 1 exist perpetually even though it seems to not count. Rep says she has no clue how to fix and asks to put me on hold followed by a mysterious disconnect.

Call back and another rep handles it and send me another confirmation.

Line 2: Guest #1 $125 Guest #2 $125

Good enough. First line still won't go away but at least I have the $250 OBC.

Net result: Spent $60 and got $250 OBC even thought I had a confirmation that said I already had $100 OBC.

Worth it to me. If you have an existing booking I recommend you at least call and check.

Final payment date comes in 22 days and I am not touching it again as I am not sure the RCI IT systems could handle it. Also, I am only 80% confident they will get this right when I board. :)

Thoughts?

Have a paid for cruise in mid-March so thought I would call today and see if they would increase my $100 OBC to the $250 OBC that is being advertised now. If not, no biggie.

Imagine my surprise when they told me that I have $0 OBC at the present even though the most recent .pdf confirmation they e-mailed back in September clearly has the $100 under Guest #1 in the OBC section.

In any event, the rep says they will give it to me if I re-price at today's price ($30pp more than what I had paid) and I agree and give them $60. I keep them on the phone until the confirmation e-mail comes and it shows:

Line 2: Guest #1 $100 Guest #2 $100

I tell them that isn't right as it is only $200 total and why does line 1 exist perpetually even though it seems to not count. Rep says she has no clue how to fix and asks to put me on hold followed by a mysterious disconnect.

Call back and another rep handles it and send me another confirmation.

Line 2: Guest #1 $125 Guest #2 $125

Good enough. First line still won't go away but at least I have the $250 OBC.

Net result: Spent $60 and got $250 OBC even thought I had a confirmation that said I already had $100 OBC.

Worth it to me. If you have an existing booking I recommend you at least call and check.

Final payment date comes in 22 days and I am not touching it again as I am not sure the RCI IT systems could handle it. Also, I am only 80% confident they will get this right when I board. :)

Thoughts?

Print out the confirmation that shows all three OBC amounts and take it with you when you board.

Print out the confirmation that shows all three OBC amounts and take it with you when you board.

Oh I am definitely planning on taking the printed confirmation. Scary part is that the $100 that RCI said I did not have was on the last confirmation. ;)

Another thing I thought about today:

Whenever you have OBC and use the RCI website to view your reservation it always seem to have that red text saying that you can only change by going calling.

That went away at some point in the past and should have tipped me off that there was a problem.

Does everyone else find the "red text" mean OBC to be true?

We are going on the Explorer in Feb. I had already booked a JS. We rebooked under the current sale. Our price went up $50 per person and we lost our $125 balcony discount. Total loss was $225. However we gained $400 OBC so we are up $175 on a 5 day cruise.