Quality Inn Stirling Rd

mamaboss

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? We are traveling with elderly mom in wheelchair so looking for restaurants near by we can push her to without crossing a highway. We are booked post cruise at Victoria Park but now are rethinking that choice. Seems a bit far from Port and Fort Lauderdale airport. Any opinions on the Quality Inn?

These Fort Lauderdale hotels are close to port and airport and have restaurants in the lobby:

Embassy Suites

Renaissance

Royalcruz, do you know anything about the immediate area of The Victoria Park? What is in walking distance? A big thank you to all replies!

These Fort Lauderdale hotels are close to port and airport and have restaurants in the lobby:

Embassy Suites

Renaissance

Hyatt Place also has a restaurant in the lobby. Not fancy, but the menu is a good selection and we thought the food was good.

If I'm not mistaken they show the menu on their website.

Edited by Happy2cruise

Anyone have any experience with this hotel? We are traveling with elderly mom in wheelchair so looking for restaurants near by we can push her to without crossing a highway. We are booked post cruise at Victoria Park but now are rethinking that choice. Seems a bit far from Port and Fort Lauderdale airport. Any opinions on the Quality Inn?

I have stayed here several times. I have never had an issue. Clean rooms. There is a Taco Bell and McDonald's next door and a Chipolate across the street.

Royalcruz, do you know anything about the immediate area of The Victoria Park? What is in walking distance? A big thank you to all replies!

I know the Victoria Park Hotel area very well, as my office is a block away. These are the restaurants that are 1-3 blocks away:

Eat the Tea

Serafina

Heart Rock Sushi

Big Louie

Monster Subs

Sukho Thai

Tipico Mexican/Cuban

Subway

Canyon

Il Lugano

There are a few boutiques and salons too, and there is a CVS about 4 blocks away. There is also the Classic Gateway cinema.

Edited by royalcruz

We stayed across the street (main highway) from the Quality Inn at SpringHill Suites. They have larger rooms (with sitting area), microwave and coffee makers, 2 TVs, free good breakfast, and free shuttles to/from airport and to the pier.

There is a Burger King right across the small access road from the hotel and a Qudoba next to that (across a slightly busier street but not too bad). Across the main highway is the Quality Inn and McDonalds. Also is a diner and Dave & Busters, but both of these are a bit of a walk.

Just past the SpringHill is a Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.

DaveOKC