Canada/New Enland tour suggestions

Drebbie

We are contemplating a cruise that would begin in New York and end in Montreal or even back in New York, that would be port intensive. Any suggestions for itineraries or cruise lines? Any help is appreciated.:confused:

We are contemplating a cruise that would begin in New York and end in Montreal or even back in New York, that would be port intensive. Any suggestions for itineraries or cruise lines? Any help is appreciated.:confused:

It might help if we knew some of your interests, mobility, age and money issues.

People like to do more touristy type of things, while others want to get away from the crowds. Are you interested in history, scenery, museums or the outdoors. If money is an issue, you can rent cars and do your own thing, or if not, take tours or design your own packages.

Give a few more details.

Cheers

Len

Early 50's, no mobility issues, like historical tours, not luxury cruisers. However, we are not opposed to paying for exceptional tours. We have never been in that area and would like to hit high points, not necessarily just tourist points. I am sure that is clear as mud, but I am not familiar with area.

We took a 7 night Holland America cruise from Boston to Quebec City on the MS Veendam. It was our first cruise. The Veendam is somewhat old but very well maintained. We enjoyed the refined atmosphere, good service, very good food and fun entertainment. Our ports were Bar Harbor, Maine (wonderful place), Halifax, Nova Scotia (very interesting city with a strong English influence), Sidney, Nova Scotia (like a transplanted section of Scotland), Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (fascinating place) and Quebec City (lovely city, great food, nice people).

Still too many variables. I would research the ports and find the cruise that hits most of the ones you are interested in. For example, we found St. Johns NS to be a tad boring, but loved Halifax. Others on our cruised loved SJ, found Halifax dull. Personally, I wish we could have done Newfoundland, but no itineraries worked for us, that included that.

Try looking at HAL. The Eurodam sails between NYC and Quebec City every fall. In the spring, summer and fall, the Veendam and Maasdam are sailing between Boston and Quebec/Montreal.

I highly recommend a port stop in Saguenay. The fjord is beautiful and the people are very friendly. it was my favourite port stop on our Eurodam cruise.