Explorer 4

bunny100

We received this package at no extra cost and would like to know how the waitstaff knows that if we order a beverage under $7.00, we should not be billed? Also, will we need an adapter to charge the memory card for our camera?

You will find in your cabin a note explaining how the Signature Beverage Package works. It's a separate card similar to your regular ship charge card that you use for the drink orders.

As for electrics plugs, there are several kinds in your cabin at the desk. It's a good idea to bring a travel-size power strip though if you want to keep multiple devices charged.

Bon voyage

We received this package at no extra cost and would like to know how the waitstaff knows that if we order a beverage under $7.00, we should not be billed? Also, will we need an adapter to charge the memory card for our camera?

You recieve a drink card on the day you board. It should be in your cabin and when you use it for the first time you will need to have your ship card with you. After that, only need the drink card for purchasing drinks. Remember it is one drink at a time and you cannot buy drinks for other people on it. You must present the card every time you get a drink and nothing shows up on your ship board account.

You need to bing an adapoter to charge you camera. Never heard of charging the memory card, new to me.

You each get a card. You each get to remember to use your drink card for drinks and room card for the door. Much easier to count to 15 if you have your own card.

I would think it would be harder as one person often does not know what the other is doing/charging. Am I wrong on this?? Do the servers tell you once you used up your 15 for the day?

Edited by DaveOKC

The point of sale system keeps track of the number of drinks one purchases. I believe that if one tried to purchase the sixteenth beverage, it would be rejected by the system. I have no personal experience on that because I didn't drink that much. I believe someone at the Institute of Cheer did in POA's thread because someone in his party was cut off from the SBP card one night.

I would think it would be harder as one person often does not know what the other is doing/charging. Am I wrong on this?? Do the servers tell you once you used up your 15 for the day?

Can you drink 15 drinks a day? Just curious

We enjoyed the explore 4 on our Alaska cruise - great and easy to use and covered all our drinks and water -- enjoy

Can you drink 15 drinks a day? Just curious

We enjoyed the explore 4 on our Alaska cruise - great and easy to use and covered all our drinks and water -- enjoy

No, but I can do 8-10 of the 15 when you consider coffee, water, soft drinks and wine (plus a hard drink or two).

No, but I can do 8-10 of the 15 when you consider coffee, water, soft drinks and wine (plus a hard drink or two).

Don't forget the beer or two by the pool with a burger. And remember the sweet after dinner drink in the shot glass your wife wants to collect.

We did not receive a 'separate card' for the beverage program last February. All the info that the bar person needed was on our key card when they swiped it.

FYI -the crew receives very little tip for serving passengers on the beverage program. We were told, last February, that they receive $1, for each person onboard the ship, that is on the beverage program PER CRUISE!

Edited by socalcruisers2

they charge %15 on each drink charged against the program so I don't know why wait staff would not get the tip???

No 15% charge on our drinks. I believe the 15% charge is on drinks for people that "purchased" the Signature Drink Package. Not sure. Ours was part of the Explore4.

My wife and I spent 26 days with the cards. Never 15 drinks, but a lot of 8-10's. 15% would of been hard / impossible to hide.

y wife and I spent 26 days with the cards. Never 15 drinks, but a lot of 8-10's. 15% would of been hard / impossible to hide.

What did u get that would show 15%? We gave our card and signed nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

y wife and I spent 26 days with the cards. Never 15 drinks, but a lot of 8-10's. 15% would of been hard / impossible to hide.

What did u get that would show 15%? We gave our card and signed nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If one purchases the SBP, the cost is (something like) $44.95/day PLUS a 15% gratuity. In other words, the gratuity is included in the total cost of the package at the time of purchase.

If one received the SBP as part of a promotional offer, then HAL covered the gratuity portion.