Should we abide by this?

lacell

Got this message from RC. We are on the 6th deck and had planned to arrive early. Should we abide by this and will anyone else? I want to be on early to grab nursery hours:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on December 15, 2014, onboard Liberty of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks.

Guests on decks 10 should arrive for check-in at 11:45 A.M.

Guests on decks 9 should arrive for check-in at 12:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 7 should arrive for check-in at 12:45 P.M.

Guests on decks 6 should arrive for check-in at 1:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 8 should arrive for check-in at 1:45 P.M.

Guests on decks 2 should arrive for check-in at 2:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 3 should arrive for check-in at 2:45 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Liberty of the Seas.

Edited by lacell

Is this your first cruise with Royal? If not your justified in arriving early. Irregardless, I would arrive at the earliest moment. It appears they are only trying to spread things out and keep lines down.

If everyone followed the instructions I am sure it would be faster to board, but I am sure most people will ignore it, so board when you like.

I doubt it. It probably has more to do with getting your luggage on time.

We sailed aboard the Oasis over Thanksgiving and received the same email. However, since we flew in on a early flight, we went directly to the port and were checked in. They did not make us wait until the suggested time in the email. I agree with those who posted the time is to spread out the check in lines.

Got this message from RC. We are on the 6th deck and had planned to arrive early. Should we abide by this and will anyone else? I want to be on early to grab nursery hours:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on December 15, 2014, onboard Liberty of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks.

Guests on decks 10 should arrive for check-in at 11:45 A.M.

Guests on decks 9 should arrive for check-in at 12:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 7 should arrive for check-in at 12:45 P.M.

Guests on decks 6 should arrive for check-in at 1:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 8 should arrive for check-in at 1:45 P.M.

Guests on decks 2 should arrive for check-in at 2:15 P.M.

Guests on decks 3 should arrive for check-in at 2:45 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Liberty of the Seas.

So you are purposely going to break a rule set forth by RCI.... Shame on you! This is the perfect time to set an example to the younger generation about following rules, being on time, etc.

Terrible!

Edited by jp30338

So you are purposely going to break a rule set forth by RCI.... Shame on you! This is the perfect time to set an example to the younger generation about following rules, being on time, etc.

Terrible!

While generally I would agree with you, RC never told us ahead of time when I was booking that by choosing the 6th deck, we would be forgoing the normal check-in time I am accustomed to having with RC on prior cruises. I detest the "class" mentality that the cruise industry has been moving more and more toward since when we first cruised in 1999. This is just another new move in that direction that was undisclosed. So the people on the lowest decks, in the cheapest cabins of course, may miss out on things like booking their nursery hours. I don't think so. I get letting higher level club members on first, but the rest is garbage IMO.

Welcome to CC. Rules are only rules if they suit you.!!

Some will tell you not to follow this rule and be on another thread bashing someone for breaking another rule!!

This is why CC is so much fun!!!:p

Actually-if everyone followed this rule lines would be small and luggage would be delivered faster I'm thinking.

Well, for me, Since I've prepaid for the Ultimate Beverage Package, I'll need most of the first day to make it worth while. RCI did not offer a half day discount on one day's worth of the UP so you can bet I'll be showing up early. Plus the Hotel will probably kick us out by 11am anyway.

On our Disney Cruise in Jan 2013, we drove from Orlando on a Sunday morning and got to the Port Canaveral Terminal way earlier than expected, and showed up at around 10am. Our embarkation time was set for 11:30am. The first few minutes inside the terminal, someone approached us and asked us if we would like to check in, we said we were only due to check in a 11:30am and the lady showed us a big smile and said that we were more than welcome to check in now. And about 15 minutes later we were on the other side of the terminal waiting for our boarding number to be called. About 10 minutes after that, we were on the gangway.

dp

Edited by dpostman

While generally I would agree with you, RC never told us ahead of time when I was booking that by choosing the 6th deck, we would be forgoing the normal check-in time I am accustomed to having with RC on prior cruises. I detest the "class" mentality that the cruise industry has been moving more and more toward since when we first cruised in 1999. This is just another new move in that direction that was undisclosed. So the people on the lowest decks, in the cheapest cabins of course, may miss out on things like booking their nursery hours. I don't think so. I get letting higher level club members on first, but the rest is garbage IMO.
is incorrect, some of the decks that board earlier have inside staterooms, so you "class" argument holds no merit........:D Edited by Thetrail

It's an attempt at minimizing congestion at the port - traffic, luggage drop off, lines. It's a valiant attempt. They did that when we sailed out of Southampton in the spring.

That said, I'm sure there will be people, who, for whatever reason (early flight arrival, hotel check-out time, etc.) need/want to board earlier than suggested. There will, likewise, be people who will need/want to board later than suggested.

And there will be people who are willing and able to board at their recommended times.

Ultimately, it will probably even out.

In Southampton, we were leisurely about checking out of our hotel, then walked to the port and lingered outside as long as we could tolerate it. We ended up boarding early because hanging out for over 2 hours wasn't going to happen. However, it did seem that the boarding process was smoother than if they just said everyone could board at, say, noon.

is incorrect, some of the decks that board earlier have inside staterooms, so you "class" argument holds no merit........:D

Yes, I am aware of that, but in general it holds true. Highest level suites are not on the bottom. Even if it's not, it is indeed true that RC never mentioned this new boarding thing at booking time.

Welcome to CC. Rules are only rules if they suit you.!!

Some will tell you not to follow this rule and be on another thread bashing someone for breaking another rule!!

This is why CC is so much fun!!!:p

Actually-if everyone followed this rule lines would be small and luggage would be delivered faster I'm thinking.

Perhaps maybe RCL can pay for me to have a day room at a hotel while I wait for my time to board. :rolleyes: OMG, I am so naughty.

Edited by bbiggar

For what it's worth this email really seems to be aimed at the first time cruiser and gold level. Everyone from platinum up can board when they wish. Read the email again.

Edited by besberry

The last sentence almost negates all of the staggered boarding times "We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Liberty of the Seas." I'd bet that on some cruises, that's a large % of the guests.

Not long ago I had a cruised book and I received a phone call with "important information about my upcoming cruise" I pushed the button to access the information and it was the boarding time message. No big deal, we are D+ so we can board when we wish. I became annoyed when I received the call daily for the next 4 days!