Airline Promotional Codes

oceansandseas

o

I have done a search on CC for this and there is no information. Every time that I look for prices for our flights from Toronto YYZ to Los Angeles LAX for our cruise, there is a place to put a promotional code, which I imagine would give a reduced price. I have never been given a promotional code to use, even though I subscribe to their emails. Probably Air Canada would be the best, but American Airlines also has flights with this route. West Jet does also, but nothing direct. I do not want to fly through a connecting airport that might have a snow storm during the winter months.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you.

o

o

I have done a search on CC for this and there is no information. Every time that I look for prices for our flights from Toronto YYZ to Los Angeles LAX for our cruise, there is a place to put a promotional code, which I imagine would give a reduced price. I have never been given a promotional code to use, even though I subscribe to their emails. Probably Air Canada would be the best, but American Airlines also has flights with this route. West Jet does also, but nothing direct. I do not want to fly through a connecting airport that might have a snow storm during the winter months.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you.

o

Well, you're flying out of YYZ, so the whole avoiding airports with possible snow storm delays thing is kinda impossible. But don't worry - there are lots of things other than snow that can delay a flight! :D

The only promo codes I've heard of WRT Air Canada are those given as compensation for some sort of customer service issue. And note: the discount is on the base price. Look at the fare construction, and you'll see that often the base price is less than half the total cost of a ticket.

Airlines also have promotional codes that are associated with major functions. Conventions, tradeshows and the like often have a group code that allows for some small discount. I regularly go to one gathering and their meeting planner arranges for an "official airline" that extends that discount. But it is only good for flights in/out of the city where the event is being held, and only for a time period around those dates. And the amount has usually been only 5%.

As for codes given to the general public....don't waste your time searching for them is my advice.

Call the convention/visitor bureau of the location you are flying into and ask what conferences are being held there during your travel window. Then go to those convention's reservation websites and look for flight and accommodation info. Sometimes, you can get the discount codes without needing to register. Not always the best deal. But, discounts nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call the convention/visitor bureau of the location you are flying into and ask what conferences are being held there during your travel window. Then go to those convention's reservation websites and look for flight and accommodation info. Sometimes, you can get the discount codes without needing to register. Not always the best deal. But, discounts nonetheless.

What you're suggesting sounds like theft to me. Taking advantage of promotions for people going to a convention you're not part of.:rolleyes:

What you're suggesting sounds like theft to me. Taking advantage of promotions for people going to a convention you're not part of.:rolleyes:
Doesn't matter....it's cheaper! Gotta save that $20 to get another souvenir glass drink at Senor Whatever's. ;)