Non-Alcholic Cocktails and the Bill??

Dannee112

Hey Everyone, This is my first post on Cruise Critic as I'm taking my first ever cruise in Jan on the Voyager of the Seas.

Firstly, I plan on getting the Royal Replenish ($20 USD) Drink Package and was wondering what the process is when ordering any non-alcoholic cocktails? Do I for example, specifically ask for a 'Non-Alcholic Piña Colada' when ordering???

Also, If I have the Royal Replenish Drink Package how would the bar attendant know and would I receive a bill to sign even if the bill is $0?

Many Thanks!! :)

Since no one else has answered, I'll give you what little I know. I'm sure you'll get many responses. Although we've never done the Royal Replenishment package, my wife always does the Soda Package. If you pre-order, it's printed on your Seapass. There is a logo of some sort that denotes the package you purchased. For Soda, it's "cocacola." So the bartenders know.

We do sometimes get receipts with a "$0" amount, but a place for a tip. However normally, if she goes up to a bar they just get her a soda with nothing to sign. Not sure if the same would apply to a Non-alcoholic drink.

But to answer one of your questions, it should be denoted on your Seapass with a logo. If you buy on board they should put a sticker on.

Yes. We got a sticker with RR on our seas passes. Everything the PP said was our experience too - most times you get a $0 slip. We also used this for sparkling water in specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You simply order the drink that you want as non-alcoholic or virgin. Whether you buy the package ahead of time or on board the ship your seapass will have a sticker on it to show that you have the package. The embossed logo is only for soda packages that are purchased prior to the cruise.

Sometimes you will be asked to sigh a receipt and other times not. It is very variable by bar and bar tender. I think the ones that ask you to sign are just trying to give you more opportunity to add a tip onto the drink. You can tip that way or in cash if you are so inclined. However, gratuities are factored into the package price so you do not need to feel obligated to add more tip when you get a drink.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the average cost for a shot to go into a non-alcoholic beverage? For instance, if I ask for a virgin Bloody Mary at breakfast, but also want to buy a shot of vodka to go in it, what would I be charged? Thanks!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the average cost for a shot to go into a non-alcoholic beverage? For instance, if I ask for a virgin Bloody Mary at breakfast, but also want to buy a shot of vodka to go in it, what would I be charged? Thanks!

That's a good question. I know that the shot prices were posted awhile back. I don't usually do shots, and it certainly depends on your choice of alcohol (as in brand). I have done a shot of scotch. The price kind of varied among bars (can't figure that out), but it was pretty reasonable. I would imagine a shot of vodka would be about $6.95. Not sure why that number pops into mind, but seems reasonable. Effectively, it is about the same price as a Bloody Mary. Not sure it'd be much of a savings.

But I'd sure be interested in the answer. If you buy the Royal Replenishment, and then buy a shot of rum to add to the "free" Pina Colada, might be a good deal.

But I'd sure be interested in the answer. If you buy the Royal Replenishment, and then buy a shot of rum to add to the "free" Pina Colada, might be a good deal.

:D I'd hate to have the career of any beverage manager that let a loophole that obvious stay open for long, and would make sure that shots were priced within a buck or so of a corresponding alcohol-containing beverage.

An alcoholic Pina Colada or Bloody Mary, etc..., and a "shot" will cost the same. You aren't charged separately for the booze and mixers.....so, if you will be drinking a "cocktail" (alcoholic), then just order that....no need to mix your own drinks!

Edited by cb at sea

:D I'd hate to have the career of any beverage manager that let a loophole that obvious stay open for long, and would make sure that shots were priced within a buck or so of a corresponding alcohol-containing beverage.

So now for other people a shot is the same cost as a mixed drink? Eep.

If someone went crazy buying shots for their Replenish-included drinks, they would likely end up paying more than if they just bought the alcohol-containing package that would have better met their needs. Win for Royal.

Ocean Boy covered off on most of the detail. I had the same experience with the dockets.

you can get some discrimination from the bar tenders if you show the sticker up front as they don't make any money from your sale I think - only flash the card once you have got service. we also had issues with bottled water - for the first 4 days they supposedly were yet to have water delivered to the bars from the storage areas.

do check though that the RR sticker has been applied - last year i pre-purchased the RR package but only got the Coke logo embossed onto my card. it was only when I tried to use it at the bar for a cocktail that the bartender explained I needed the sticker. I had to visit customer service to get it sorted. Also the stickers are not very durable, you will probably need to get a replacement part way through any cruise longer than a week.

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, was considering adding an occasional "shot" to my RR pkg virgin specialty drink. I find it hard to believe that they would be the same price, especially if the shot was ordered "on the side".:rolleyes:

I'm still considering it for my upcoming cruise...

A~

• 1 month later...