Complaint Against Norweigian Cruise Lines

Catalina56

I wonder if those of you who have been using the word "lie" know that a "lie" is an untrue statement made with the intent to deceive.

Do you really think your PCCs intentionally deceived you? Don't you think it's far more likely they simply made an error due to inexperience, inadequate training, or incompetence? A mistake is not a lie.

Edited by njhorseman

I wonder if those of you who have been using the word "lie" know that a "lie" is an untrue statement made with the intent to deceive.

Do you really think your PCCs intentionally deceived you? Don't you think it's far more likely they simply made an error due to inexperience, inadequate training, or incompetence? A mistake is not a lie.

To be honest, based on PCCs' actions (not returning calls or emails) after the "error", I too would call many events described here as the customer having been lied to intentionally.

This is all too familiar sales tactic across industries, especially when dealing with customers that can not cancel the transaction (for example a last minute booking).

Edited by Demonyte

Very important to remember this.

To be honest, based on PCCs' actions (not returning calls or emails) after the "error", I too would call many events described here as the customer having been lied to intentionally.

This is all too familiar sales tactic across industries, especially when dealing with customers that can not cancel the transaction (for example a last minute booking).

Neither of us have even the faintest idea of what happened to anyone who used the word "lie" in this thread without providing details, so you're assuming things that you have no knowledge of to be true. In one of the complaints in which we do have some details (not the OP's) voiced in this thread the poster clearly was not in a situation that prevented them from cancelling their reservation...and in fact the poster said they did just that and rebooked with a travel agent.

Before people toss around words and phrases like "lie", and my personal favorite, "bait and switch" they really ought to learn what they actually mean. If they use them without knowing their meaning they often end up looking like fools who are whining due to their own ignorance (or ironically looking like they're doing the lying) rather than someone with a legitimate complaint.

It's certainly possible. I would just keep in mind that customers are also capable of making mistakes and lying intentionally, both when dealing with the cruise line and when telling their side of the story here. And we usually only ever get their side of the story. In the case of the OP, we didn't even get that much. :mad:

Before people toss around words and phrases like "lie", and my personal favorite, "bait and switch" they really ought to learn what they actually mean. If they use them without knowing their meaning they often end up looking like fools who are whining due to their own ignorance (or ironically looking like they're doing the lying) rather than someone with a legitimate complaint.

With that (bolded text) I can agree.

And while I do acknowledge that there are many people here acting like you described just now (especially the "bait and switch" is used often here to describe the whole company even if it was just a rotten apple in the customer service dept), like I said in my previous post, the actions of some PCCs reported here would make me call their actions lying.

It is unbelievable that a PCC that has been readily available before suddenly almost ceases to exist when the customer has something to complain. It is their job to handle the complaints after all.

So all in all, I don't think that all "errors" are intentional but I don't believe that all PCCs would be saints that never use dubious sales tactics.

Edited by Demonyte

and as one of the people that was LIED to, it was not a misunderstanding, it was not a bait and switch it was an outright lie, which was even confirmed when I called back to speak to a different rep.

Now I am way past the time of switching or anything, I leave on Sun the 28th, but let it be known that my unhappiness with the way my reservation was handled does jade my expectations. I am not a new person to cruising or to NCL, I was on the Breakaway last year and was actually on this ship the Sun when it was new.

But I will never book directly thru NCL again because of the way I was treated.

But if you still sailed on NCL by transferring the reservation to a travel agent - How did hurt that NCL since the payments goes to them anyway? :confused:

It hurt NCL because they had to pay the Travel Agent about $3500 in commissions. If they had kept their promise that $3500 would have stayed with them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They could hire zoo animals to be PCC's at NCL. I have talked to several of them and 90% of them didn't know their head from their backside. I had booked one cruise through them and it went ok but the next year confirmed that I will never book through them again. If NCL's cruise experience was anything like the ineptness of their PCC's I wouldn't be taking my 7th cruise in 8 years with them. I love cruising with them but their booking department is amateur hour. Just my opinion and personal experience.

Now I am way past the time of switching or anything, I leave on Sun the 28th, but let it be known that my unhappiness with the way my reservation was handled does jade my expectations.

What kind of Jade expectations do you have while sailing on the Sun?:D

Our PCC is great and after years of booking through TA's, once we were referred to our PCC we book exclusively through him. Our son also has a great PCC and she always makes sure that as a solo cruiser that he gets the best deals possible. Of course YMMV but this has been our experience...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our PCC is great and after years of booking through TA's, once we were referred to our PCC we book exclusively through him. Our son also has a great PCC and she always makes sure that as a solo cruiser that he gets the best deals possible. Of course YMMV but this has been our experience...

My experience definitelty varies because couple of years ago I realized that because PCCs can't match TA prices, there is no point for me to use a PCC.

Just having a PCC for the sake of it isn't worth of losing about 10% discount or perks I will get from my TA - and I also have a named person that handles my business there.