Royal Caribbean IT department

renjrusa

Any one else notice the difference from their Itinerary which is in your reservation versus the itinerary posted on the Royal Caribbean website? Sailing on April 25th on Jewel, we have had several posts regarding the website saying we were going to Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Virgin Islands as opposed to our reservation itinerary of Tortola. Guess they have decided to make it Tortola, but now the website has the sailing scheduled differently than the reservation.. The standard answer from RCI seems to be Well you know the Itinerary is subject to change!!!... Thats fine as long as you stick to one and change it not two and change it at random... How can we plan private shore excursions or is this RCCL way of hoping we book theirs..?

Trust me, I have no idea what goes on in that IT department. There's no longer a "make a payment" option when I log on for my cruise in sept 15. Half the buttons under "cruise documentation" lead to nowhere. It amazes me that someone thinks their IT is acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

The website shows excursions for one of my cruises on a sea day :rolleyes: They also list excursions for ports we're not even going to. I've contacted them multiple times about it, but almost a year later nothing has changed. I don't even think they care.

6 Night Western Caribbean New Year's Cruise

from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

6 Night Western Caribbean New Year's Cruise

Independence Of The Seas

2015 DEPARTURE DATES:

NOV

Ports of Call:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

PRICES STARTING FROM

$ 550

USD

Details & Prices

Book Now

Taxes, fees and port expenses $116.04 USD

:eek::eek::eek:

Not quite IT but more an overall thing with Itineraries contradicting themselves- my upcoming 11 night on Quantum is listed on the website (and everywhere else) as;

Bayonne

2 Days at Sea

Labadee

San Juan

Charlotte Amelie

St Kitts

St Marteen

3 Days at Sea

Bayonne

Yet in the printed brochure its listed as a 12 Night Cruise as;

Bayonne

2 Days at Sea

San Juan

Charlotte Amalie

St Kitts

St Marteen

3 Days at Sea

the brochure happens to be listing a 10 night itinerary as 12 nights even though it is an 11 night cruise.

Any one else notice the difference from their Itinerary which is in your reservation versus the itinerary posted on the Royal Caribbean website? Sailing on April 25th on Jewel, we have had several posts regarding the website saying we were going to Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Virgin Islands as opposed to our reservation itinerary of Tortola. Guess they have decided to make it Tortola, but now the website has the sailing scheduled differently than the reservation.. The standard answer from RCI seems to be Well you know the Itinerary is subject to change!!!... Thats fine as long as you stick to one and change it not two and change it at random... How can we plan private shore excursions or is this RCCL way of hoping we book theirs..?

Just so you know, the IT department takes their instructions from other departments; they do not determine what information to put where. So blaming them for this is just wrong.

OK then should read RCCL quality control department... Seems that there is no one proofreading or checking whats posted to their website.... Same excuse as Obamacare..... if you like your itinerary you can keep your itinerary...!!!!

OK then should read RCCL quality control department... Seems that there is no one proofreading or checking whats posted to their website.... Same excuse as Obamacare..... if you like your itinerary you can keep your itinerary...!!!!

It probably is the marketing department rather than a quality control issue. They probably have many many possible itineraries and someone confused what was approved by someone else....and then those people are always saying 'not I', since it then is too easy to just blame someone else.

Not quite IT but more an overall thing with Itineraries contradicting themselves- my upcoming 11 night on Quantum is listed on the website (and everywhere else) as;

Bayonne

2 Days at Sea

Labadee

San Juan

Charlotte Amelie

St Kitts

St Marteen

3 Days at Sea

Bayonne

Yet in the printed brochure its listed as a 12 Night Cruise as;

Bayonne

2 Days at Sea

San Juan

Charlotte Amalie

St Kitts

St Marteen

3 Days at Sea

the brochure happens to be listing a 10 night itinerary as 12 nights even though it is an 11 night cruise.

For them , that probably makes sense.

Captain: "What's the itinerary?"

IT: "Leave the port sometime today, sail south for a while, stop at a few islands here and there, and then sail north for a while, until you get back to where you started - more or less. Hey, as long as you're back where you started sometime in the next 10-12 days, we're good. Oh, and take notes on where you went. If no one complains, we'll try the same plan next week."

While I am sure the IT department isn't perfect. These problems your describing aren't IT issues. IT provides the systems, they don't provide the content/data in these systems. This would fall on other employees.

For example, if an Itinerary is wrong someone who is in charge of maintaining that information is making the mistake, that is not an IT function.

IF a price is wrong, again this isn't an IT issue.

Don't confuse the system providers with the systems users. If the system was completely down that likely would be server or networking failure and this be an IT problem.