At pier for FOS- delayed boarding?

Jessie2013

Just off FOS today and they only had 2 customs agents at 9:45 so that may be the hold up? Pretty big backups to get off the ship. I'd be pretty upset at 2 ports on a 7 day cruise, are they giving you the option to cancel without penalty?

Just off FOS today and they only had 2 customs agents at 9:45 so that may be the hold up? Pretty big backups to get off the ship. I'd be pretty upset at 2 ports on a 7 day cruise, are they giving you the option to cancel without penalty?

We are on FOS on the 28th. I have called and asked about changes and port times, and was told there is nothing changed. I have been watching the threads on FOS for months - and when the prop issue cam up and was "fixed" in Nassau a few weeks ago, several people on CC have called in and asked the same questions - only to be told the same thing. All changes seem to be happening "on the fly" so that RCCL is not accountable for any of it and it's merely a coincidence that "problems" are happening.

While I am not happy to hear of all the changes and secrecy by RCCL - I am hoping for the best for our cruise on NYE for 9 of us. We planned this a year ago, and we will have fun regardless!!

If anyone else is just off FOS could you post what and how changes and info was revealed to you? Was anyone giving additional OBC due to not making the ports? In know last week there was a medical issue so Cozumel was skipped, so maybe not.

We did not get any OBC or percentage off a future cruise - Dec 7 sailing. Disappointed. Was given a letter at check in regarding shortened port times. They should have given us the option to cancel without penalty given the ships known mechanical issues.

Edited by JinxyB

Just found this from another thread....

Originally Posted by Oceanswave View Post

December 13, 2014

Dear Freedom of the Seas Guest:

We are writing to provide you with important information regarding modifications to your scheduled itinerary.

Freedom of the Seas is currently experiencing a small restriction on her top speed. All equipment is fully operational and there is no impact on the maneuverability of the ship or on the safety of our guests and crew. However, it is necessary to make some slight changes to your itinerary. Your revised itinerary will be:

DAY PORT ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Sunday Port Canaveral 4:30 p.m.

Monday At sea

Tuesday At sea

Wednesday Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.

Thursday Philipsburg, St. Maarten 7:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m.

Friday At sea

Saturday At sea

Sunday Port Canaveral, Florida 6:00 a.m.

There should be no further impact to the itinerary, unless we encounter inclement weather during our voyage. Any adverse weather conditions, such as strong winds, could further reduce the ship's overall speed.

We apologize for this impact to your cruise vacation. As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank you for your understanding, Royal Caribbean International will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit. A letter with the credit amount will be delivered to your stateroom. This credit will be applied directly to your onboard account and may be used for any onboard purchase or service. Any unused portion will be refunded to you at the end of your cruise.

Guests who booked shore excursions in CocoCay, Bahamas, through Royal Caribbean will have those funds automatically refunded to them in the form of a credit to their onboard account. This credit may be used to book another shore excursion, or for any purchases onboard. Any unused portion will be refunded to you. Our Shore Excursion staff would be happy to assist you with activities and excursions in St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Again, we apologize for these developments and their impact on your scheduled itinerary. Our staff in Port Canaveral will do their very best to minimize any further inconvenience to you and our shipboard team looks forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

I am extremely disappointed that we were not given any OBC for our reduced time in all ports on our Western cruise. Yes we had a medical emergency which caused us to miss Cozumel but it was also due to our maximum speed at 18 knots that we didn't make it and we were only given port taxes....no OBC! Who can I send a letter to?

I am extremely disappointed that we were not given any OBC for our reduced time in all ports on our Western cruise. Yes we had a medical emergency which caused us to miss Cozumel but it was also due to our maximum speed at 18 knots that we didn't make it and we were only given port taxes....no OBC! Who can I send a letter to?

mbayley@rccl.com

If its a delayed boarding why don't you ask at the check in counter

Because they wouldn't tell me ;) all is well now- we are on- but it was a longer wait than normal.

I was just asking because of the issues the ship is having, I didn't know if it was related.

We did not have the option to cancel and we're on board now and none of the guest service people will tell anyone the on board credit amount- so still no news on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you do that, reread your contract that you agreed to. You're only entitled to port fees.

At least you didn't get a complete switch of ports like we did. I had no desire to go to Nassau or Cozumel AT ALL. We did go to Coco Cay and it was pretty meh if you ask me. You're not missing out on much.

I expect all itineraries to change until they fix the propeller in dry dock. When we were in Nassau, they simply took it off. They didn't fix anything. It was removed so it wouldn't cause further damage.

We also got off the Freedom yesterday and they do have significant propulsion problems. We had limited port times and missed Cozumel for a medical emergency. The max it could go was 18 knots and with that there was a good bit of vibration. It took two days to get back to Canaveral from Grand Cayman at 15 knots which was a comfortable ride. I don't think they would have returned to Canaveral on time if the ship had made it to Cozumel. We did not get any compensation for the limited port time as far as I know. If they had given me any discount on a future cruise I would have run down to see Sandra, loyalty ambassador, in a minute and booked it!!:D We enjoyed the cruise overall and the staff kept us informed if any problems came up. I can certainly understand the disappointment for families and cruisers who were looking very forward to so many great sights and excursions etc. Unfortunately cruise ships can be unreliable at times. I would never plan a wedding on an island where you will arrive by cruise ship!!