Question About TSA Pre Check

Keith1010

6rugrats - after reading the information on the link you provided, I was shocked to see that ATL is not included in the program. We would fly through ATL as much as we would CTL. I wonder why Atlanta is excluded?

Are you saying that you arrive in ATL from overseas? It only matters from the perspective of entering the U.S. And of course scheduling the interview.

We applied on line, paid our non refundable $100, received our application approval, and scheduled our interview all on line. Except for the interview all communication was on line. The process was impressive. From my experience the interview is less about the answers to the questions and more about evaluating whether you are being honest. Our interviewer tried to bait us with several political comments. We just answered the questions and did not share our opinions about certain things. Of course he may have just been trying to engage us in a conversation. He asked about a certain school in our area, etc. It was a very easy process and painless.

Highly recommended and nothing to be concerned about IMO.

Atlanta certainly is part of the program. From the list of Global Entry Locations:

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/locations

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)

And it has an enrollment center too:

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/enrollment-centers

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport

Address: Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal

2600 Maynard H. Jackson Jr. Blvd

Atlanta, GA 30354

Hours of Operation: 8:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday

Contact Information: (404) 765-2302

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you so much...very helpful and should be doable for us! At first, I thought the GE was only good for 1 year. The cost of $100 pp for 5 years seems like a great bargain if the system works like it should.

One little thing on this....it is good for 5 years from your NEXT birthday. If you get it right after your birthday you get almost 6 years out of it. My birthday is in Jan and I did mine in Feb 2014. The 5 year clock stated this Jan...so I have it till Jan 2020. :D

(The "cheerful" agent pointed this out at the little interview. The other guy had a birthday in a a few weeks and he was not real happy...me on the other hand.)

Yes, the interview was brief and perfunctory. I had brought all the paperwork that was requested (if I remember, it was bank statements, utility bills, to show that I live where I said I lived). The agent gave a speech about the program, then started to ask a few questions, mostly about the stamps and visas in my passport. Since I had visas and stamps from the Middle East, maybe I got a little more "interview." Then, I sat through the video presentation on the GE program and how to use the GE kiosks. Easy peasy.

If you have an AMEX Platinum card, AMEX will pay for your GE fees. One of the nice benefits, along with the $200/year for airline use, Starwood SPG Gold status, Priority Pass lounge membership...