Can I do the Allure and the Oasis B2B in the Caribbean.

portcbob

Hi fellow cruisers.

Bob and Christine from AUSTRALIA calling. Just wondering if it is possible to do the 2 big ships Allure and Oasis, 2 x 7 night B2B cruises in the Caribbean. If so, does it work out great and are the itineraries good.

Any information would be very kind.

Cheers Bob & Chris ( Downunder )

Edited by portcbob

As a previous posters said,you would be doing the same itinerary, as those ships alternate Eastern and Western, so if you did oasis Eastern, the next week Allure would be doing Eastern. Why not do back to back on the same ship....much less hassle!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As a previous posters said,you would be doing the same itinerary, as those ships alternate Eastern and Western, so if you did oasis Eastern, the next week Allure would be doing Eastern. Why not do back to back on the same ship....much less hassle!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Plus you don't have to pay for the Saturday night for a hotel Fort Lauderdale between the two sailings.

Excellent suggestion to stay on the same ship. MUCH less hassle. Try to get the same cabin for both legs and you are smiling all the way. :) However, the shows will be the same the second week, so if that's important to you and you don't mind paying for the extra night in between changing ships, go ahead and do that.

By the way, a cruise on a different ship is actually called a "side to side" (S2S) by many here; it's not a true B2B unless you stay on the same ship. Also, just trying to read between the lines of your post, and wondering if you are asking if there is a discount or any "perks" for booking two cruises? Sorry, no to both.

I hope you can make this work. Sounds wonderful, and you are coming such a long way.

A couple years ago, we did just this. We did a week on the Oasis (Western), then stayed overnight in FLL, then boarded the Allure for a week, again to the Western Caribbean. We did this, so we could experience all the shows. We had a wonderful time. It wasn't that bad leaving the Oasis, to stay overnight in FLL. We knew we would be boarding the Allure the next morning. We went for the experience of the ships, not the ports. We spent alot of time on the ships, to experience all the nooks and crannies! It made for a wonderful holiday.

We did just this in January. Yes the ports are the same and while the ships are very similar there are some differences mainly the shows. It was also nice to see new artwork in the halls, etc. I'm glad we did it that way rather than stay on the same ship for two weeks just for the different ports.

The downside is getting off the ship is not easy - unless they have improved things the terminal is a hassle. Long lines to get off ship and through customs and such. But still I recommend doing the two ships instead of one.

A couple years ago, we did just this. We did a week on the Oasis (Western), then stayed overnight in FLL, then boarded the Allure for a week, again to the Western Caribbean. We did this, so we could experience all the shows. We had a wonderful time. It wasn't that bad leaving the Oasis, to stay overnight in FLL. We knew we would be boarding the Allure the next morning. We went for the experience of the ships, not the ports. We spent alot of time on the ships, to experience all the nooks and crannies! It made for a wonderful holiday.

I have read in the past on this board that RCL has provided overnight logging for folks doing a side by side cruise. Did you inquire about this when you did your sailings?

Thanks very much guys for all your answers to our question. Appreciate it.

Didn't realize that it would be the same itinerary both weeks. Need to do a 14 night cruise in the Caribbean which has different ports. Which ship has the best ports for a 14 nighter please??????????

Cheers Bob.

Didn't realize that it would be the same itinerary both weeks. Need to do a 14 night cruise in the Caribbean which has different ports. Which ship has the best ports for a 14 nighter please??????????

Cheers Bob.

Maybe a 6 night/8 night back to back on Independence?

You can certainly do a back to back on Oasis or Allure to get rotating itineraries without getting off the ship or overnight lodging.

What time of year? That will make a difference. There are some 10+ night Southern Caribbean itineraries that are nice as well.

Cheers Bob.

I'm not sure if you want to travel with RC but I would recommend Celebrity Eclipse 14 day Exotic Southern Caribbean leaving out of Miami. It goes to a lot of different ports that we have seen on other RC ships individually but we are getting ready to book this one due to the itinerary -- it includes, Aruba, Antigua, Barbados, Curacao to name a few.

Edited by nednrom