Recent Platinum Cruisers

Love my butler

The new norm is probably 4 chocs but ships that get fewer platinum the 8 stock will last longer.

Is the short behind the scenes official when they tried that with us on the jade we got the full tour after a few words with people.

Before there were too many Platinum Latitudes members, I was getting the full behind-the-scenes tour and tagging along with the paying folks. Those are more exciting as you get to see a LOT more of the ship including food stores and food prep areas which are skipped when you do the abbreviated tours. It’s time NCL put a new tier in place and re-structured their Latitudes program for people who actually cruise them frequently and stop this non-sense of bonus points for people who book early or higher level categories. 18 cruises with NCL should mean more than someone who has done 4 but booked a Haven suite (and mind you most of the Haven suites already get awesome perks as part of the payment for the suite itself).

I would love it if NCL chimed in.

Dear I Love My Butler:

Sorry about the mishap with your chocolates. As token of our appreciation we are offering you one of two options. We can mail you 2 pieces of Godiva chocolate of your choice or we can give you on board credit in place of the two pieces of candy. The on board credit value is $2.49. The choice is yours. Thank you for sailing with NCL. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Edited by david_sobe

Dear I Love My Butler:

Sorry about the mishap with your chocolates. As token of our appreciation we are offering you one of two options. We can mail you 2 pieces of Godiva chocolate of your choice or we can give you on board credit in place of the two pieces of candy. The on board credit value is $2.49. The choice is yours. Thank you for sailing with NCL. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Possibly. :)

More likely is the LMB will just take $2.49 away from his DSC total.

Before there were too many Platinum Latitudes members, I was getting the full behind-the-scenes tour and tagging along with the paying folks. Those are more exciting as you get to see a LOT more of the ship including food stores and food prep areas which are skipped when you do the abbreviated tours. It’s time NCL put a new tier in place and re-structured their Latitudes program for people who actually cruise them frequently and stop this non-sense of bonus points for people who book early or higher level categories. 18 cruises with NCL should mean more than someone who has done 4 but booked a Haven suite (and mind you most of the Haven suites already get awesome perks as part of the payment for the suite itself).

Have you been complaining about the short tour we did and got the full one.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/#!/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/members-levels-and-benefits/

Says bistro is 1per cabin wait till they try enforcing that.

Edited by insidecabin

Have you been complaining about the short tour we did and got the full one.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/#!/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/members-levels-and-benefits/

Says bistro is 1per cabin wait till they try enforcing that.

No I haven’t been complaining about the shortened tour. I prefer to get the bridge included in it and they don’t have the bridge on the shortened tour but most of the Captains offer it to the Cruise Critic group so combined I get to see most of what I want to see. I’m more fascinated by the workings of the ship (navigation) then I am about food preparation since I used to be in the culinary industry. The bridge viewing rooms are awesome on the older ships. When it’s a new class of ship I’d like the full tour and have done that on the Breakaway class so I don’t need a full one but it’s nice to talk to the staff and to see the crew who don’t usually get seen by passengers (ie laundry, galley) and thank them for their hard work in making my vacation good. It brightens their day.

As for Le Bistro going down to one per stateroom if two Latitudes members are in there, it will happen. It’s only a matter of time. Until there’s a complete restructuring of the program, as more and more get into the benefits will continue to be eroded as a cost cutting measure.

Dear I Love My Butler:

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Ha ha ha! Love it! Not going to happen but love the email. It sounds like a good canned response to a complaint. Wait… do you work for NCL? LOL!!! :D:D:D:p;)

As for Le Bistro going down to one per stateroom if two Latitudes members are in there, it will happen.

According to the link posted above it already has!:eek:

I could swear that when I looked at that same page a couple of days ago (prompted by this thread) it still showed 1 Le Bistro per person.:mad:

According to the link posted above it already has!

I could swear that when I looked at that same page a couple of days ago (prompted by this thread) it still showed 1 Le Bistro per person.:mad:

We must have inspired the change! Way to go Cruise Critic folks! LOL! :p:rolleyes:

I’m waiting for changes to the free bottle of bubbly being a free bottle of Pepsi. :D:eek:

I like the idea of getting a drink coupon to use for any drink on the ship better though. Maybe they could change to that as a cutback?

According to the link posted above it already has!:eek:

We must have inspired the change! Way to go Cruise Critic folks! LOL! :p:rolleyes:

I’m waiting for changes to the free bottle of bubbly being a free bottle of Pepsi. :D:eek:

I like the idea of getting a drink coupon to use for any drink on the ship better though. Maybe they could change to that as a cutback?

On the UK site the free Le Bistro dinner for two benefit is listed at one per cabin. On the US site it's still one per person.

With fuel prices so low some perks could be brought back.

(oh I crack myself up.)

It might've happened if NCL were not publicly traded... nice shot though! :D

Maybe the fuel savings can be used to pay off some of the debt NCL is carrying from all their new-builds. Goodness knows the debt they racked up for the Epic was some of the worst loans in the industry. :eek:

Actually, last month our steward, Tito, made a towel gorilla that was about 5 feet tall and sitting in a chair in our room. The gorilla had a small baby(?) monkey sitting on it's lap. Both were watching the t.v., which was on. Funniest and best towel animal ever! It had one of our robes on, slippers, sunglasses and the t.v. remote in it's hand. Actually startled me when I entered the room.

Can we have a pic, please?