Robes to and from Pool

I find it extremely tacky and trashy to be walking around outside of the spa or your room in a robe.

What is the difference between a robe and a terry cloth coverup? Truly? I have a short kimono type robe which I wear as a beach coverup - apart from the fact that it is, in fact, a robe, I think it looks much nicer and more pulled together than at least 3/4 of the 'beach covers' that I see. Up to and including the ones with a naked or bikini clad person screen printed on the front.

KC

On my last cruise, I decided to take a poll about robe wearing with fellow passengers who:

• I cared what they wore.
  • I cared about what they thought about what I wore.

The results were:

• Number of those polled who thought wearing a robe was proper: 0
  • Number who thought wearing a robe was improper: 0

Poll size: 0

It is a vacation folks. Relax. Enjoy. :)

Wow! The robe debate is still going on!??? This is funny as H-E- Double Hockey Sticks!

So the people who turn their nose up seeing people in robes coming from the pool would much rather be on the elevators with people all wet and in all their various swimming suits, big guts hanging, wet with hair protruding from various places, butt cheeks hanging out, standing 2 inches from you in that crowded elevator than to see people in a robe going back to their room after leaving the pool???! :eek: Unbelievable! I never thought that a non mdr dress code thread could gone on as long as this! WOW!

Wow! The robe debate is still going on!???

:eek: Unbelievable! I never thought that a non mdr dress code thread could gone on as long as this! WOW!

The discussion is still ongoing, yes !

A small minority are still under the impression that a "robe" is to be worn in public places.

It is hoped that they eventually understand that it is not.

Some more discussion is needed for "Some" to get the point.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn cannot wait for santa to arrive !!!

I suppose they can give us something to have a little giggle about :D

I would very much appreciate some full color photos of what YOU wear to and from the pool area, so we can all learn from you. Obviously, you are the official arbiter of good taste and manners on board, so guide us, oh wise one - guide us!

I would very much appreciate some full color photos of what YOU wear to and from the pool area, so we can all learn from you. Obviously, you are the official arbiter of good taste and manners on board, so guide us, oh wise one - guide us!

Thank You....

As for the "Full" color photos, You are very naughty !

Maybe You would like that very much ;)

The Nudie ones, is that what you really want ?

I dont do Nudie pics, as I have said many times before.

For what I have to show, some on this board may report it to the mods.

There are a lot of jealous people out there

But as I said, Thanks !

Lynn does not post nudies

Thank You....

As for the "Full" color photos, You are very naughty !

Maybe You would like that very much ;)

The Nudie ones, is that what you really want ?

I dont do Nudie pics, as I have said many times before.

For what I have to show, some on this board may report it to the mods.

There are a lot of jealous people out there

But as I said, Thanks !

So a robe is tacky, but your response is not.

Sigh.

The discussion is still ongoing, yes !

A small minority are still under the impression that a "robe" is to be worn in public places.

It is hoped that they eventually understand that it is not.

Some more discussion is needed for "Some" to get the point.

I assume EU stands for European Union so I guess European and arrogance go hand in hand. ;) Because a large majority knows this to be true. To the part of your quote I put in bold, I say in my simple blue collar American voice, "Says who??" On the other hand, I don't think you believe that either, you're just keeping the thread alive, which I will admit to as well.

awful, you ask for pictures, and I am the dirty one.

You say that wearing a robe over your bathing suit to and from the pool is tacky. I am asking what you wear over your bathing suit to and from the pool, as obviously you are setting yourself up as the arbiter of good taste. But your responses clearly indicate that you are not, and so I am going to consider the source of the 'tacky' comment, and move on.

And ick, whoever you are.

KC

I assume EU stands for European Union so I guess European and arrogance go hand in hand. ;)

Absolutely not :) Most Europeans would not mind people walking in bathrobes on a cruise ship, but of course not for formal occations.

On the other hand, I like to think that most of both Americans and Europeans try to adapt to the local ways of doing things to avoid ofending anyone.

From what I can read out of this thread, it is ok to wear whatever you want as long as you follow some simple guidelines of what to wear where and when.

Greetings from Norway ;)

Yes, I do live within the EU, and Yes I try and understand habits and routines of the various foreign countries I visit.(I even tried to eat grits !!)

On my recent vacations, here in EU, it is not unusual for me to "GO Commando" as You americans call it, at the beach. In designated areas only of course.

Howver I have never been asked for to post a picture, as was asked by KCMiller on this thread. Even I, find that a little uncomfortable.

Some may have pressed the "Report" button to report to the mods, as asking for a pic is a tad rude and a bit of a perv.

Lynn does not do nudie pics.

Perhaps we can simply reach an agreement to not swim in the pools on board, as there seems to be no polite and agreeable way to transit between our staterooms and the pool deck.

Also, imagine how clean and lovely the pools would be once we agree to simply enjoy the beauty of them from a respectful distance while formally attired. As an added bonus, we could then safely request full color photos of one another and perhaps even Royal's photographers can capture pool portraits as keepsakes.

Edited by HiCSailor
Santa has Lynn on his naughty list. ... in ink!

In order to save server space, this thread has been merged to create the following question..

Is it OK to wear a bathrobe to dinner on formal night while smoking on my balcony removing tips when I am saving a deck chair/theater seat for "just a minute".