Robes to and from Pool

What's the consensus of wearing the RCCL robes to and from the pool area?

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see nothing wrong with it. I've seen people wear robes to breakfast. It doesn't bother me any.

I have loved reading this thread. If the biggest issue on the cruise is who wears a robe where and whether or not it is proper is the only problem......I think it will be a great vacation!

I view this as educational thread. Hopefully new cruisers will feel empowered to enjoy their cruise without being concerned about the fashion police. Relax and enjoy your cruise in a robe! You will be in good company. :D

I'm happy to see the thread still going! Can we keep it going till my next cruise? If so, I promise photos of me in my robe all over the ship! (not just the meet and mingle). Ok, now I'll admit to padding my post count. But not to trying out for the job of volunteer moderator.

OK OK...... No coverups, no swim suits, no robes....... Let's get them to change the rules to be you must be naked going to and from the pool deck! There you go....problem solved! :cool:

There are clothing optional cruises.

Thank you, this made me laugh. This thread is of no value, so anything said within would fall under that umbrella.

No, First I ask them:

1. Do you remove tips?

2. What are you thoughts on dynamic dining?

3. Do you smoke on your balcony?

4. Do you leave your room service tray in the hall?

5. Word association: Carnival Cruise Line....GO!

6. Which do you use: Cabin Steward, cabin stewart, cabin boy, stateroom person

And the bonus essay question

7. If you saw me wearing shorts on formal night, would you

a. jump overboard

b. demand immediate OBC for yourself and your traveling party, FOR LIFE

c. ask me MY thoughts on dynamic dining

d. remove tips retroactively from every cruise you have ever been on

Please explain your response in paragraph form

Then I pass judgement, and spend $150 on an internet package so I can pass judgement before I even get off the ship.

You forgot anything having to do with rum runners.

Confused...Is he on his way TO or FROM the pool? or MDR?

Did anyone catch that his shoes match the robe? That hasn't been discussed yet on this thread.

Just how important is it to match the shoes with the robe when going to the pool?

There's very little that hasn't been discussed in this thread. [emoji44]

Shoes??? Who said anything about shoes? Formal night is just a jacket for your chair back, right? Who's got room for shoes in their luggage, after stashing all the alcohol!?!?

Confused...Is he on his way TO or FROM the pool? or MDR?

Did anyone catch that his shoes match the robe? That hasn't been discussed yet on this thread.

Just how important is it to match the shoes with the robe when going to the pool?

That's easy, he's on his way to the MDR. It's Formal evening. The give away is the matching sandals.

Going to the pool it is not important. Coming from the pool it is very important.

The Dude also supplies the answer to so many of the issues that keep coming up:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I really don't know that I'd notice or care if someone wore a robe to the pool as opposed to something else. Now, somewhere other than the pool, that might raise an eyebrow... but I'm not going to go out of my way to let someone else affect my cruise.

It is a bathrobe, not a swim suit cover. I live at the beach and have never felt the need to put my bathrobe on to go to and from the beach. Actually, I've rarely seen it on ships, but I understand that some people don't know the purpose of a bathrobe.

With that said, the Dude is the exception to the rule. :D

What I don't understand - why do some posters feel the need to post the following disclaimer on this type of topic:

I've seen people do ______________ (fill in the blank with the topic under discussion) all the time and it doesn't ruin my cruise, make me throw up, or hurt my eyes (choose one).

No one has ever said that any of these behaviors ruin their cruise, etc.

Edited by temple1

Totally agree with you!

It is a bathrobe, not a swim suit cover. I live at the beach and have never felt the need to put my bathrobe on to go to and from the beach. Actually, I've rarely seen it on ships, but I understand that some people don't know the purpose of a bathrobe.

With that said, the Dude is the exception to the rule. :D

What I don't understand - why do some posters feel the need to post the following disclaimer on this type of topic:

I've seen people do ______________ (fill in the blank with the topic under discussion) all the time and it doesn't ruin my cruise, make me throw up, or hurt my eyes (choose one).

No one has ever said that any of these behaviors ruin their cruise, etc.